Name this morph! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #41
garweft
Looking at this picture I have to say I'm 100% certain it has hypo in it.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #42
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Yes, yes. Please do. This snake is all but white when out of shed and in a "good" mood (if you could ever say she has a good mood, she's awfully feisty). She does have a tiny bit of peach-pink, very light, that appears a bit on her sides when in shed or in her "dark phase". It's really insane how different she can look from day to day. One day she's nearly white, the next she's more brown. Hopefully she sheds soon.
Since u say she changes color alot I cant help but recall hearing sumthin about hogs changin shades. I've never worked with hogs tho so i dont have much knowledge about them.

But not too post any third party info, or bad talk any one, just from people I've talked to around here and few snakes I've seen out the box as soon as they were dropped off to a buddy who ordered from him, Tim has had some issues with identifying his snakes properly. The ones out the box I personally saw dropped off was 1 female albino and 2 female 100% hets. Well supposed to be. Turned out the albino and one of the hets were male, and the female didnt prove out to be het albino when bred to a visual last year. I told the person who purchased him to contact Tim, but he'd rather just write it off and not deal with the hassle.

Now I dont want anybody to come slapping me in face about how good their transaction was with Tim, or how great of guy he is. Im sure he is a nice guy and u did have good business with him.

I'm just stating how is rep is locally and what I did see first hand, that way everyone can know even the breeder could be wrong, or mistaken.

But back on topic I was all for ghost too at the beggining, but with the pink I'd have to conclude u got at the least a very pretty hypo. If not a pastel hypo.

Again good luck with her breeding and if u could, find and anery male slap him on her and see what u get, that way u can prove whether or not shes got the anery gene in her, and see if u get any hypos from her with out having a hypo sire. Enjoy her tho even if she dont proveout to be nuthin at all. Id still like her in my collection!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #43
mikeyt
As I stated in my previous post, I see Special K at alot of the shows I attend over the past several years. He always seems to have a wide selection of most everything and does seem knowledgable. I have purchased a few things from him early on and have had no problems whatsoever with the animals.

However, I have noticed most recently over the past year or two, he has been buying alot of animals for resale, (maybe trading or bartering as well), so maybe some of the info he is getting about the animals is not accurate as well.

I have also noticed some other issues on the BOI in reference to some of his animals as well.

I definitely think there is a clear mis-understanding somewhere on the identification of this animal, it doesnt seem as if anyone purposely mis-led anyone. If I understand correctly, the OP purchased the animal from a friend who represented it as to what it was sold to them as, so that person didnt mis-lead the OP.

It would be nice to wait until it is bred and see what the results are to possibly help verify the genetics.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #44
mxracer4life
I have messed with hoggs a little and performed quite a bit of research on them, they are known for there color change. When I see her Steph I think hypo with maybe some hogg in there, distant hogg. I would have to put my money on there that she is not pure salmon/hypo, something has been added in, maybe hogg, but is a pastel form of hypo with the possibility of being het for anery (or we assume anery) since she has the characteristics of an anery het.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #45
TripleMoonsExotic
Have a little bit of more information...

She was purchased in 2008 as a neonate from Special K as an Ivory and hasn't changed much in the past year. She came from Tim's selectively bred Ivory project and was purchased with the grey and toffee coloring, it's not something that developed over time. If she is not homozygous Anery, she is definitely heterozygous Anery.

I think the only thing I'm going to be able to do is pickup an Anery male to pair with her when she's ready to confirm homozygous or heterozygous, and then pair her with my Hypo male the following year to see what happens when a confirmed Hypo is added in. However, my question is...How will I know if she's a Hypo or not when paired with a Hypo? Hypo x Hypo produced Normals as well as Hypos, correct?

It appears she has shed, but I'm not confident I'm going to be able to get accurate photos of her coloring. The coloring in the tail I posted is accurate, but I'm not sure if I can get the base coloring to show that she's actually grey as opposed to brown. I'm going to try right now. Cross your fingers!

Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #46
TripleMoonsExotic
She's dark (brown) today...But I took pictures anyway...Thought maybe taking a pic of her ventral side might help as well...
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #47
TripleMoonsExotic
On the plus side I got good pictures of my Hypo as he was looking awfully pretty today...
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #48
crotalusadamanteus
I still can't tell. Looks like a ghost more or less on the body, then you get to that tail and it goes down hill. I still swear I see color, albeit faded color, when you get down toward the tail. Color that shouldn't be on an Anery.

Try a different background, like black, or add some fake floral greens, maybe that will balance the color out better. (if it's a camera thing)

Did a little shed maybe stick to her head? Just has that rough look to it.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #49
mxracer4life
Look at the hour glass or bow tie saddles. It definately has a hypo influence. I am no longer seeing any "ghost" in there, just too many colors.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:53 AM   #50
rcpreis3
I have seen some really colorful ghosts, almost had a silver and purple one. Too bad he showed up DOA. And actually looking at her medallions makes me wanna say visual ghost, but The pinks refute ghost. I may be going on a limb here but once upon a time I swear I heard something of a "toffee" ghost line of boas.

Also if u breed an anery to her first u'll also have ur hypo answer in the same clutch. If 50% of them have the hourglasses and known hypo colorings. If she isnt a ghost then Id love to see one of her ghost offspring. In fact keep me in touch about this as I have been looking for a ghost even slightly as pretty as the one that showed up to me DOA.

Oh and the reason im so into this thread is because ghost boas are hands down my favorite herp of all time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!