Bad Guy Beware of Maureen R Smith Scammer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Greenhopster
Beware of Maureen R Smith Scammer

Hi, I recently became acquainted with Maureen Robin Smith. She answered an ad I posted looking for a large male leopard tortoise. She claims to be a big breeder of Aldabras and sulcatas. She quote me $650 for a leopard via email and $1200 in a text. The messages were a half a day apart and she says the $1200 was a different tort. Half now an half after I received the tort. I did my research and saved my money. Just google her name, phone number, or email and you will become enlightened. She sent me a picture of a male tort that the Arizona Tortoise Compound uses as their stock photo for large males. Google Robin Smith Orange Texas, or 409-233-0075, or rbnsmith172@gmail.com. All the ads are run on free classified sites. If she's such a reputable breeder why is she not on any reptile site? This person is bad news and should be avoided. Buy from solid tort people.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Snake-Queen
Did you buy from her?

Please post any proof you have.... ie, emails, pictures & texts.

Also, have you notified her of this thread?

Old 05-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
LauraB
Here she calls herself Maureen. Good catch, Jim! Thanks for the heads-up
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
LauraB
Oops ... I see you already addressed the "Maureen".

Red-faced

Old 05-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Greenhopster
I formulated my conclusion from a combo of texts and emails that seemed off kilter. Her responses were of such a nature as to keep me on the hook. She changed the size and price but not the weight of the animal. When she sent me the picture of the Arizona Tortoise Compound stock male, I knew not to send this one any money. The email to reply to her response to my request was Adeboyejohn@yahoo.com This is a Nigeria person. We have not had the best dealings with Nigerian emails. She also called me John in one of the emails. The improper grammer in the texts looked like the Nigeria emails we all receive, promising millions if we reply. So take my info and save your money.
Jim

Old 05-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
Glad you didn't send any money.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Greenhopster
She's at it again

Check out the link. Don't send any money.
http://www.pet-classifieds.com/pet13098147.htm

Old 05-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #8
Greenhopster
She's at it Again

Looks like the ad's been pulled.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!