Bad Guy Beware of Jeffery Lockman/John Pennington - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #31
StuTennyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
If you want me to pay the 3% fee, for YOU to get paid, you are delusional. It is against Paypal's terms, and it makes you look cheap. I think the original poster hurt himself just as much as the guy he was making a bad guy thread about. Lame, both of you.

Dave
I agree with you. That's one of several reasons I don't like using paypal. Unfortunately I get many buyers who want to use it. Paypal is not my preferred method of payment. Being a breeder in today's economy is making things more difficult and that is one reason I " look cheap". I have snakes that I paid 3k for that I am now selling for $150. Many buyers want a discount on top of reduced or even free shipping and don't even mention shipping supplies! It costs $5-10 per box including heat/cold pack. Then ad paypal or credit card fees and see what you have left. But you are right. Until now I was unaware how paypal really works and how others perceive it. I will be changing my procedures in the future! Thanks for the input.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #32
StuTennyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
It's clear you don't understand how Paypal works, but why were you willing to take a $7 loss here but refused to send the snake without the $7 fee? Also you need to do what's best for the animals you're shipping. Regardless of when a customer wants it shipped you should have better sense than to ship during the holidays. Instead of telling him to check his temps as the shipper that's your job. It just seemed like a terrible transaction by both of you.
Bobby- no offense but I have been beat up quite a bit over this paypal business now and I think I do understand it better. I will be changing how I do business in the future. You are absolutely correct about when to ship and I do know better. I don't know if you detect the costumer being a little pushing and wanting this snake soon even against my recommendation but I was only trying to appease my customer by giving in to his wishes. I'm old school and try to go by the old saying " the customer is always right". Anyways thanks for your input.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #33
Lucille
Stu I am impressed that you looked over the situation and input given to you here by members and made the choice to alter how you are going to do some of your procedures.
So many people when faced with criticism simply defend their actions, you took a look and chose to change based on the input. Kudos to you, and kudos as well to the people who posted the criticism.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #34
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTennyson View Post
Bobby- no offense but I have been beat up quite a bit over this paypal business now and I think I do understand it better. I will be changing how I do business in the future. You are absolutely correct about when to ship and I do know better. I don't know if you detect the costumer being a little pushing and wanting this snake soon even against my recommendation but I was only trying to appease my customer by giving in to his wishes. I'm old school and try to go by the old saying " the customer is always right". Anyways thanks for your input.
I could tell he wanted the snake right away, but it's your responsibility to do your best to ensure the safety of the snake. You've got to remember that a lot of buyers have no clue what they're doing so you might have to lose a sale by telling them "no". I'm glad you've gained a better understanding of how Paypal works. Good luck to you.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #35
StuTennyson
Thanks for the Kudos Lucille! I always strive for improvement!

Bobby-You are right again and I should stick to my guns on shipping. I know better. Thanks again.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #36
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTennyson View Post
Thanks for the Kudos Lucille! I always strive for improvement!

Bobby-You are right again and I should stick to my guns on shipping. I know better. Thanks again.
I can honestly say that your attitude in this thread, being on defensive, is a first. Integrity and humble seems old school and scarce, unfortunately.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #37
chazzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Stu I am impressed that you looked over the situation and input given to you here by members and made the choice to alter how you are going to do some of your procedures.
So many people when faced with criticism simply defend their actions, you took a look and chose to change based on the input. Kudos to you, and kudos as well to the people who posted the criticism.

Excellent post Lucille, couldn't have said it better myself!!

Old 12-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #38
Celtic Constrictors
Most BOI threads I read through leave me not wanting to deal with either the OP or the 'Bad Guy' in the end. I think I would still deal with Stu based on his behavior and willingness to play it right.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #39
markpulawski
I agree, Stu you have taken criticism as well as anyone here, as for Paypal it's easy just build the fee into the price, no need to discount either they buy or they don't and depending on how bad you want to get rid of your surplus it is up to you the seller to determine how much you want to bargain.
As for shipping I would never risk an animal to expedite for a customers demand, even waiving the live arrival. We all see what happened this holiday season with UPS and Fed Ex, lots of packages late and all it takes is a few hours on a below zero tarmac after 2 days in a box and you have a frozen reptile, not a bargain for anyone at any price.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:31 PM   #40
cybernuclear
I have just now seen this thread. I recall the experience with him to be negative. Most of what he posted in regards to email was clearly plagiarized. From what I recall, we agreed on a price and he then wanted an additional paypal free. I have used paypal since 1998 or 1999. I have sold items online through various sites and know that the fee is my responsibility not the buyers. I have sold high end items which made the free excessive but I never believed it was the buyers responsibility to pay the free (as paypal clearly states it is the buyers responsibility). If I chose to discount an item and accepted paypal, I did not require the buyer to pay the free as it clearly violates paypal policy.
As to any threats, that is clearly absurd. I never tried to force him to ship during low temperature periods. He clearly stated he would not ship unless I agreed to give him more money. I requested a refund several times before I received one. I don't clearly remember the specifics but this is one of the few times I have ever had a problem with someone demanding more and more money. As for a Doctorate goes which is irrelevant. I believe he got that from my email or paypal information. I do hold several masters and a Doctorate of Psychology and Counseling. The comments related to that on this thread is nothing but childish. I hope that clears things up regarding this specific thread.
He for whatever reason

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
john pennington