whats a good snake - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-05-2014, 12:22 AM   #21
xXBlueLipsXx
how big do they get? and do they havr any other colors (kinda looking for unusual colors or patterns; ex:http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/...TOPIC_ID=17654 yes thats a cornsnake i think but i dont want a "common" snake lol just giving you ideas of what im truely looking at in species and another ex: in the very top few picshttp://gartersnakemorph.com/New-Acquisitions.php)

Old 07-05-2014, 06:22 AM   #22
hhmoore
Bamboo rat snakes (Oreocryptophis porphyraceus sp) might be of interest to you...but they average in the 3-3.5 ft range (some up to 4).

Old 07-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #23
xXBlueLipsXx
eh a little small for me, there cool looking though might consider it as my next future snake

Old 07-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #24
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Have you thought about Rainbow Boas? They are stunning snakes.

Just look at some of the pics here and in other threads http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=444822
I have several and bred two this past season. OP has a tank, due to their humidity requirements he would need to buy a different setup for them. Babies require 90+% humidity, juveniles 80-90%, adults over 75%.

They are beautiful snakes, a bit nippy when young but they do mellow out, awesome feeders that will readily take f/t, and they top out at around six feet. While the babies like to hide or burrow, the adults make good display snakes.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #25
xXBlueLipsXx
can you handle them though just to handle them? also I dont think I can have a rainbow boa :/ i already bought a 10 gal tank and I would always need to mist it anyways to keep the humidity up but i dont think I can make it 90 for my room especially at night time :/ it would loose it eventually at night time a possibly cool off, wouldnt it? if so I dont think I could keep the humidity up high enough for a baby rainbow boa e.e (just trying to be realistic here and try not to harm the snake with a lack of 90 humidity)

Old 07-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlueLipsXx View Post
i already bought a 10 gal tank
If you are considering anything except a juvenile small snake, you might consider investing in a larger space than 10 gals.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #27
xXBlueLipsXx
even for a baby? (goal is to get a baby snake so i time as it grows bigger I can upgrade it to a bigger tank)

Old 07-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #28
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlueLipsXx View Post
can you handle them though just to handle them? also I dont think I can have a rainbow boa :/ i already bought a 10 gal tank and I would always need to mist it anyways to keep the humidity up but i dont think I can make it 90 for my room especially at night time :/ it would loose it eventually at night time a possibly cool off, wouldnt it? if so I dont think I could keep the humidity up high enough for a baby rainbow boa e.e (just trying to be realistic here and try not to harm the snake with a lack of 90 humidity)
Two words: humid hide

Old 07-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #29
xXBlueLipsXx
whats a Humid hide?

Old 07-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #30
Westcoastchondros
I like HH Moore's recommendation of carpet pythons. You have lots of choices to choose from, pretty forgiving as far a husbandry, and don't get too big. They stay slender and do like to perch, tolerate handling well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!