DNA pendants from Perpetua - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
techgirl
DNA pendants from Perpetua

I just ordered for a pendant to be done with my cat, Jester's DNA. I had to bring her in for some bloodwork. Zoogen takes a blood sample and obtains the DNA and creates a necklace that contains it. I think it's a great idea and is more comforting than ashes to have for the future. In two weeks, I will receive it and see how it looks. Will keep you updated.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Ive also heard of a more expensive way of preserving deceased pets/family members by taking some of their ashes and turning it into a Diamond. Theyre Called LifeGems and i plan to somehow do this with Muta When the day comes that he does pass over to the rainbow Bridge.
It makes me sad to think about it, but warms me to know that at least theres a way he can be with me for always. I love my little Mu. As much of a terror as he is, i wouldnt trade him for the world! ^_^

Old 08-22-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
techgirl
The prices weren't too bad for the pendant and DNA sample profile. In total it came to about $115. They even do reptiles and birds. I just wanted to find something more suitable for me to keep memoirs of my guys. I have my late whippet ashes in the basement and I had opted to not take the remains of my last cat but keep her collar and tags in the kitchen by her favorite hangout place. The life gems kinda creep me out because you can see the ashes suspended in the crystal and I just don't want that. If I like this pendant, I plan on doing this for my one dog whom I am extremely attached to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!