De-worming for dogs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
imadoglover
De-worming for dogs

Hi!
I’m a huge animal lover and I was wondering if anyone could help me solve
my problem…
I have a dog who’s name is Elvis and a cat who’s name is Princess!
I’ve discovered that Elvis had worms, (is it possible that he got from other pets???)
so I want to my vet and he gave him a de-worming medication in a tablet form but he wouldn’t swallow it!!
I didn’t want to use too much force so I tried wrapping it with some sausage but he some how figured it out!
please help me!!
Tami

Old 10-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
techgirl
You could always try peanut butter or cream cheese. Sometimes you just have to be tough and give it to them the hard way. What you do is take the top of their muzzle with one hand and face them slightly upward. Then take your other hand with pill in it and gently apply pressure to the bottom jaw to make them open. Now you can either drop the pill as far back as possible and then hold their mouth until they swallow(rubbing their throats helps stimulate that). The second way is to take your hand and put that pill as far back as possible and give it a little push with your finger and then close their mouth. If that fails, there's always a pill gun which is a little device that you put the pill in and insert as far back into the dog's mouth and then press the plunger to shoot the pill in. Your vet should have those if you really need it. Good luck.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
Cat_72
Peanut butter or cheese usually works for me, but depending on what type of worms they are, there are very good liquid and paste wormers available as well. Sometimes those are easier to administer.

Or, you could just ask your vet to do it.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
rafilolo
Hi Tami!
about five months ago my dog Angie suffered from worms.
my friend told me to buy a de-worming pill and mix it with some chicken but
Angie figured it out and only ate a quarter…
that happened a couple of times unlit two months ago I’ve found a solution in a form of dry food that my Angie really liked and I didn’t have to force her at all !!!
you should try it …
Tasties Worm-Out

Old 11-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #5
Cat_72
That site looks pretty fishy.

NOWHERE does it list the active ingredients of the "wormer", what kind of worms it removes, and the "terms" page is something that only a lawyer could decipher. This part in particular seemed "off":

User instructions/warnings
A veterinary must be consulted concerning the product, and the product must not be consumed above the dosage recommended at the site, the product user instructions at the site must be read, the product must be kept out of reach of children. The product must be used immediately after purchase, preferably not to reach unwanted hands, it must be kept in a cool place, the products at the site are for animal use only, do not use after the recommended period at the site, in any event of change in the animal`s behaviour and/or appearance of a new phenomenon of any kind with the animal, a veterinary must be contacted immediately.

Something smells fishy, and I don't think it's the wormer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!