Gopher eggs go from bad to worse! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
Bill
Angry Gopher eggs go from bad to worse!

I raised a pair of Hypo Sonoran Gophers Het. Blizzard from babies, this year they were ready for breeding, female layed 10 nice sized eggs.. well half turned brown and dried up. (I have them in perlite with not too much water, but just enough so there is some humidity) I had on hypo baby break the egg but died inside.. I had a Hybino hatch out but I looked in at him and he was dead..I have 3 eggs left, curious to see what happens. I had the eggs at 79- 82 degrees
Not sure what could have happen with this bad outcome.. I keep my corn eggs the same way and have 99% hatch rates..

Thanks,
Bill

Old 06-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
starwarsdad
Sorry to hear about that. Good luck on the remaining eggs!

Old 06-26-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
Bill
3 more just hatched

Thank-you!!! 3 more are making their way out of the eggs right now a Blizzard, Hypo and Hybino. Hopefully they make it..
I guess there is always next yr. It would have been nice to see all the eggs hatch and the variety of babies- I was really looking for a ghost in the clutch.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
thebrandonisgood
Pictures!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!