WTH Rich! - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #161
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis View Post
I think you are underestimating how many people are pissed about it but hey, what do you care? You dont have any potential customers to run off now.... (your words not mine).
And dont worry Rich, you dont have to ban me because I wont be back. I cant be part of a site that would support this bs anymore.

Oh yeah.... shit.
Sure enough, fella. Wear your badge with the honor you obviously seek.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #162
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
If you're a hater on the people here that's bringing the truth and facts into the light, then you're going to have a full time job of being a hater. your response to claude was idiotic. he stated his opinion on what he has seen and has read not only only this forum but others. How about you try this one time.... Wake up, "spread cheeks" remove your nose from his anal, pull up the blinds that's covering your eyesand you might..just might see why people are so upset. you and alot of others say... i dont agree with what Rich did but theres nothing we can do about what has already been done. now if this was anyone else... you and the rest of these brown nosing followers would be attacking them from every angle possible. so this is my question to all of you... since rich is your "buddy" and is the owner of this site, is he not accountable for his actions also? i see half of you parading around behind him acting like what he did was ok and should not be accountable for his own actions from the members and hobby that he helped build likes he's the "God" you worship. so next time you imbeciles decide to jump into a BOI thread and bash and belittle someone for something they did in the hobby like you're some sort of hobby police/mob, think about the "Balls" you didnt have here since there is not much difference between the crap since this is hobby related also. if you love your hobby,reptiles so much and want to protect it and it's members from being screwed over.... START HERE.
Accountable? In what way?

Hmm, well let's see...

Quote:
ac⋅count⋅a⋅ble  /əˈkaʊntəbəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-koun-tuh-buhl]
–adjective
1. subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
2. capable of being explained; explicable; explainable.
I believe I have already fully explained my position on this subject. Did you happen to miss it? I believe I fully gave my reasons for why I have released those corn snakes in their native range. Did you miss that too?

I believe my answers were explained, so they were definitely explicable and explainable.

I never tried to deny it, have explained my reasons and justified them based on my interpretations of the ethics behind those actions and the laws I was aware of at the time. Surely you have read them?

How could I be more accountable then I already have been?

Oh, I get it, you mean PUNISHMENT, eh? Are you suggesting that I be publicly flogged, hung, stoned, arrested, beaten, or tarred and feathered? Are you one of the ones gnashing your teeth together because FWCC didn't arrest me? Well, gee, I'm REALLY sorry I disappointed you all.

So what other truth and facts do you feel need to be brought to light for me to be "accountable"? Seems to me that the haters here are the ones trying desperately to beat me to a bloody pulp in this witch hunt. But sure, you can't see that, now can you?

Seriously you guys REALLY can't see how fanatical you look? That you all look exactly the same as the fanatics at HSUS, PETA, and SPCA by attacking something and someone simply because you don't agree with them? Tell me, how are you all any different? Tell me why someone who wants to ban snakes because they don't agree with YOUR right to keep them is any different from what YOU are doing right here and now? THEY are claiming that keeping those snakes endangers the environment and even the people who keep them, without a hell of a whole lot of facts under their belt. You are claiming that releasing corn snakes within their native range endangers the environment in some nebulous fashion, again without any facts under your belt. Seriously, I can't see a bit of difference, can you?

Yet you guys are different, right? You can't understand why HSUS and PETA and the SPCA can be so blind to not see that what you are doing is not at all harmful and are all up in arms about it, now aren't you? Well take a look in the mirror and see how YOU are acting here and maybe you can come to grips with the fact that fanaticism, even if it is something YOU believe in, is still fanaticism. You are pissed because their illogical and emotional arguments cannot be reasoned with, and yet here you are doing the same thing. You and the anti-snake groups are all just the same peas in a pod, just after different windmills.

Yep, I released corn snakes in their native range. Been doing it for decades. And in all that time, there is not one single solitary even partial shred of evidence that it has ever harmed anything at all in this world. Well except maybe some of you are popping blood vessels in your brains over it. Personally I hope that at least some survived the trials and tribulations of trying to make it in the wild, because I gave them a CHANCE that some people here resent that I did, and I hope some did make it. Seriously, you folks claiming that it is much better to just throw those animals into the freezer make me ill to think I've been associated with you. How can anyone have animals and have NO compassion towards them whatsoever?

So get over it. It's over and done with. No one disliking it is going to change that fact. If you want to try to drag my name through the mud because of it, then that pretty much proves the pettiness of people I mentioned in an earlier post. What other reason is there? It's being done out of spite, pettiness, vindictiveness and a dose of downright meanness from what I can see.

And again, what a truly wonderful group of people you haters are. So do me a favor please, get off of my website. I really don't want you using the facilities and resources it provides. You obviously just want to try to hurt me. There is no other reason for these continued attacks after I have explained my reasoning MANY times. So fine, but don't expect me to be at all interested in helping you.

So git........ I don't need you around here. I don't WANT you around here. I'm tired of your attacks and hatefullness so take that somewhere else along with your butts. You have overstayed your welcome here and pushed this issue far beyond what any other person would have put up with from you.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:00 AM   #163
DJSlurp1200
Wow,

I don't have the time to read all 17 pages of this thread but what was qouted of you was enough...

I must say Rich, That for you being a owner of a herp forum in such a time where herps AND their owners are in such negative lighting right now you sure don't seem to care for the hobby let alone the future of the hobby for generations to come by publicly posting that you'll just "release" your animals into the wild... whether they ARE kink'd or bad eaters the point is... EVERYONE should be doing everything they can to help bring positive light to this hobby and statements about releasing captive animals into the wild is just sickening to see right now.

Stop trying to sucker people for money to keep a website alive when you the owner of the site yourself are doing nothing but making the hobby look worse by posting what you have about releasing captive animals into the wild and literally SHITTING on all of the good responsible herp owners across the Reptile Nation...

As a responsible and caring herp owner, breeder and Florida native/resident I must say that it hurts to see such behavior of yours posted on an open public forum for anyone to see and that you actually think it's perfectly fine to support and defend such actions...

For the love of god man... if you cannot take care of what you purchase, breed or produce then get out of the hobby all together, close up Fauna, Close the BOI and just find a new Hobby all together for godsakes!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #164
WebSlave
I guess you thought I was joking. Enough is enough. This has gone far enough. I am sorry my hint about this wasn't strong enough.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:02 AM   #165
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200 View Post
Wow,

I don't have the time to read all 17 pages of this thread but what was qouted of you was enough...

I must say Rich, That for you being a owner of a herp forum in such a time where herps AND their owners are in such negative lighting right now you sure don't seem to care for the hobby let alone the future of the hobby for generations to come by publicly posting that you'll just "release" your animals into the wild... whether they ARE kink'd or bad eaters the point is... EVERYONE should be doing everything they can to help bring positive light to this hobby and statements about releasing captive animals into the wild is just sickening to see right now.

Stop trying to sucker people for money to keep a website alive when you the owner of the site yourself are doing nothing but making the hobby look worse by posting what you have about releasing captive animals into the wild and literally SHITTING on all of the good responsible herp owners across the Reptile Nation...

As a responsible and caring herp owner, breeder and Florida native/resident I must say that it hurts to see such behavior of yours posted on an open public forum for anyone to see and that you actually think it's perfectly fine to support and defend such actions...

For the love of god man... if you cannot take care of what you purchase, breed or produce then get out of the hobby all together, close up Fauna, Close the BOI and just find a new Hobby all together for godsakes!!!
Ahhh, there it is. I was waiting for someone to slip.

It seems to me like a lot of people who may have friends that got exposed in the BOI, gotten exposed themselves, and/or potential scammers who are ticked because they can't make a fast buck with the BOI in place and they wanted it gone so that they could do as they pleased?

Well, what I suspected seems more and more as if it certainly is a possibility!

Old 01-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #166
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Ahhh, there it is. I was waiting for someone to slip.

It seems to me like a lot of people who may have friends that got exposed in the BOI, gotten exposed themselves, and/or potential scammers who are ticked because they can't make a fast buck with the BOI in place and they wanted it gone so that they could do as they pleased?

Well, what I suspected seems more and more as if it certainly is a possibility!
So what you're saying is, everyone that is speaking out here either has bad guy threads or have friends with bag guy threads. The sole purpose is to try and shut down this site???

WOW, that's quite the conspiracy theory you dreamed up......

Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #167
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy View Post
So what you're saying is, everyone that is speaking out here either has bad guy threads or have friends with bag guy threads. The sole purpose is to try and shut down this site???

..not everyone..YOU said that. I said earlier exactly what I thought, and this was just a spin off of that thought.

I am sure some of you are honestly appalled at what Rich has done. But don't try to hang me just because I am not (given the circumstances of the event) going to jump on that bandwagon.

p.s. I went in that direction because I honestly do not see why the BOI should be closed just because Rich retired from breeding..where did THAT thought come from?

Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #168
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy View Post

I suppose it is just a coincidence that some of the primary antagonists here are also major players in another competing site..........

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious what is going on. I believe there is WAY more behind this then you guys would like it to appear. The fanaticism being displayed just doesn't make sense unless there is a lot more behind it.

If you want this to blow up into a divisive war, then be my guest. Trust me I am MORE than up to the task. I have LOTS of time on my hands now.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #169
Lucille
What happened to some of the people here? It used to be that people enjoyed being people. I'd make a thread in the LH forum and people would enjoy, sharing experiences and laughing. Now there is less of that and I miss it.
I don't like the attitude of those who come on this site just to dis it and to dis Rich. Rich has put years into this amazing site and helped quite a few people build their business and their collection because of the BOI and what it has done to separate the chaff from the wheat.
I hope the atmosphere loosens up a little and people enjoy themselves more. I think it is a real plus that some of the trash is getting taken out.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #170
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I suppose it is just a coincidence that some of the primary antagonists here are also major players in another competing site..........

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious what is going on. I believe there is WAY more behind this then you guys would like it to appear. The fanaticism being displayed just doesn't make sense unless there is a lot more behind it.

If you want this to blow up into a divisive war, then be my guest. Trust me I am MORE than up to the task. I have LOTS of time on my hands now.
This has nothing to do with this site or any other. This has to do with you and the way you handle opposition. You ban anyone that contradicts or doesn't agree with you. Those people will go other places and express their opinions and just because another site lets them express their opinions you want to make it into something more than that. Competing site??? Yeah, whatever....

Whatever Rich, threaten me all you want. Everything is about you, not the industry. You ask for money to support this site every year with the threat of closing. Now this year,(after you collect a bunch of money) you change it and say you will ask for money IF you get sued. Well, are you going to give back all the money you've collected for that purpose then? You've been collecting money for defense of a lawsuit for a long time, where did that money go then?

I believe releasing those animals were illegal in Florida without a permit. FWC probably aren't going to pursue you for the simple fact you are out of business and don't have anymore animals.

I just love how you always have to be proven wrong, but never have to prove what you say. It's called a God-complex Rich......

If you want to ban me for talking out against you Rich, than do it. Just quit trying to make up a bunch of bullshit excuses to do it with this conspiracy competing site bullshit. I have my OPINION regardless of what sites I belong too. I don't speak on anyone's behalf but my own. If you don't like it, tough fucking shit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread