Bad Guy Do NOT do sell to Shane Risely!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #31
Andy_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13 View Post
JColt, I appreciate your post. Your right, but it's not easy. I've seen lots of unfairness and "selective" enforcement of the rules here. You can post proof and sit back and an accuser and their cronies can post 50 pages of crap and nothing is ever done about it. What you allow somebody to take pot shots at you with a third party website "facilitating" and indirectly encouraging it?

Garbage confirmed on the BOI...again and again:

"tired old whine
big-boy pants
your own character flaws
crazy person
throwing a fit
intellectual dishonesty"

See what I mean. This is what people do on the BOI.
Nobody called you crazy...I did however personally say that posting on a forum while simultaneously complaining about it makes you look like you're crazy...which it does...and now you're grossly contributing to exactly what you were complaining about...which some people could definitely see as throwing a fit for sure, so i'll agree with some of that list after all.

I'll ask you this: Why is it so hard to make a claim, back it up with proof, and then wait for the other party to show up and explain their side without all the self induced drama? (garbage as you have termed it) I don't get it. I really hope that the original issue is recognized and resolved for what it is but holy moly man, don't be your own enemy.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #32
xenesthis13
reply to Andy

Andy,

Because I've seen this play out before on many BOI threads. Because any member can post and their buddies helping them out, and BOI doesn't delete anything, they just keep posting and the thread expands with false info and garbage. I've seen it occur many times before and watched how pages of pure junk are posted on BOI threads. It's never stopped....so it forces somebody to play in the mud. The more muddy it gets, the nature of people is to turn into anything negative and/or with some drama, and offer opinions and judgments even though they were not even part of anything remotely to do with the situation and/or transaction. Increased traffic is achieved to the site, and that has been encouraged to be okay over and over on BOI threads. I know of too many other sites that will never allow the garbage posted here. They are family-friendly sites that run a tight ship and the members know the difference from other sites that don't.

FACT: For Robert and April, sure you read every post, as your moderators that that is your job. I've heard and have been asked by many hobbyists about BOI thread titles over the last two decades that they thought something was true or bad, but of course, if they read every post of every page, they would see it's not...BUT most of us don't have time to read every post in BOI threads. That is why the first thread post does its intended damage. Who has time to read 50 pages of Jerry Springer show crap? ....and that's my point. That is the BOI problem.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #33
Lucille
Quote:
and offer opinions and judgments even though they were not even part of anything remotely to do with the situation and/or transaction.
Informed community opinion and peer pressure is part of what makes the BOI so successful. One need not be one of the parties to post, and many people come up with amazing research or insights that are relevant to the transaction.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #34
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Andy,

Because I've seen this play out before on many BOI threads. Because any member can post and their buddies helping them out, and BOI doesn't delete anything, they just keep posting and the thread expands with false info and garbage. I've seen it occur many times before and watched how pages of pure junk are posted on BOI threads. It's never stopped....so it forces somebody to play in the mud. The more muddy it gets, the nature of people is to turn into anything negative and/or with some drama, and offer opinions and judgments even though they were not even part of anything remotely to do with the situation and/or transaction. Increased traffic is achieved to the site, and that has been encouraged to be okay over and over on BOI threads. I know of too many other sites that will never allow the garbage posted here. They are family-friendly sites that run a tight ship and the members know the difference from other sites that don't.

FACT: For Robert and April, sure you read every post, as your moderators that that is your job. I've heard and have been asked by many hobbyists about BOI thread titles over the last two decades that they thought something was true or bad, but of course, if they read every post of every page, they would see it's not...BUT most of us don't have time to read every post in BOI threads. That is why the first thread post does its intended damage. Who has time to read 50 pages of Jerry Springer show crap? ....and that's my point. That is the BOI problem.
If Jerry Springer was viewing this thread, you'd be the only one he'd invite to be a guest on his show, all expenses paid of course. And you certainly don't seem to be lacking time to use this site and reach out to the people you condescend to. I don't believe you did anything wrong with regard to the transaction in question, you sure as hell screwed up here. If you don't like it here, go cry on FB. They'll eat your drama up.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #35
Fangthane
Quote:
I've seen it occur many times before and watched how pages of pure junk are posted on BOI threads. It's never stopped....so it forces somebody to play in the mud.
Considering that your entire spiel consists of entirely off-topic junk, you may not want to prod the mods to step in and more actively enforce the rules. Since you've already been warned, it would be a shame if someone stepped in and finally removed your capacity to post on a forum for which you have such disdain. Your insistence on ignoring Robert's suggestion kinda paints a picture of someone who's actively trying to contribute to the "garbage" that you supposedly despise so much. If it stinks and spits like a drama llama...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker
If you need to express further concerns regarding Fauna please move that discussion to the Feedback Forum:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=44

Quote:
You sure do have some unrealistic expectations for people who are donating their time to try to keep this site running smoothly - who typically do an admirable job with what time they are able to put into this. If you and yours can't even be bothered to read into subjects that actively interest you, it's kinda foolish and hypocritical to demand that others should be required to read every one of the multitude of posts made on this entire site.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #36
Shanerisley14
You can say whatever you want about me buddy it doesn't hurt my feeling I already have people backing out of buying from you and that's all I wanted

Old 04-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #37
Serafim
Todd,

When I am looking to purchase a reptile online the first thing I do is check the BOI. If anything is posted I read the thread and decide for myself if it is Risky or not. You posted the evidence you had and I would feel comfortable buying an animal from you based on the facts. Your back and forth posting IMO is doing more harm than good. Most of us reading know that one BOI thread doesnt mean your a bad guy.. Just my opinion

Old 04-13-2017, 07:00 PM   #38
Andy_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim View Post
Todd,

When I am looking to purchase a reptile online the first thing I do is check the BOI. If anything is posted I read the thread and decide for myself if it is Risky or not. You posted the evidence you had and I would feel comfortable buying an animal from you based on the facts. Your back and forth posting IMO is doing more harm than good. Most of us reading know that one BOI thread doesnt mean your a bad guy.. Just my opinion
This is what I was talking about when I was saying that you're being your own enemy, here.

Shane Risley, are you just trashing someone's name for no good reason? What's your story?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #39
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanerisley14 View Post
You can say whatever you want about me buddy it doesn't hurt my feeling I already have people backing out of buying from you and that's all I wanted
So, you were lying when you stated that you had "videos of animals arriving dead" - presumably ones ordered from this seller? That would seem to be the case, since the emails he posted make no mention of you receiving anything DOA.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #40
Jmeurrens31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanerisley14 View Post
I have no dog in this fight. But from a distance I would seem like Shane did intentionally put his post some place to catch more "eyeballs" and did so with no proof. He seems to back this by saying in his post here that his only intention was to hurt Todds reputation and pocketbook.

Todd may be going about this entirely the wrong way, however I feel his point is absolutely valid and is getting lost. Someone threw out potentially false information about his business and did so in a manner that little he had little recourse.

It takes little deductive reasoning to see what Shane wanted to do with his initial posting and he did it all by simply circumventing the BOI. Why have the BOI at all if a mad customer can throw out accusations in other sections and have them remain there.

I understand 2 different mods were working independently on the 2 issues, but shouldnt there be a uniform way to resolve these issues when they happen?

I hope no one is offended that I threw in my 2 cents.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!