Rare Earth Inc. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #21
moreliamaniac
Rare Earth

Well Jason you didn't exactly state all the facts. You didn't mention that the animal was left out buy UPS for only 15 min or that the box it self was extremely cold. Or that I had him in the 10 gallon only for a day or so and then I set him up correctly and I covered the tank front to provent stress. I followed your advice for the rest of the time it was in my care. Monitors don't go down in health that fast. I took full responsibility for the shipping mistake.
But as you said yourself you made the assuption that I had the MD address. I also made the assuption that Va was the correct place. As for the tail and the shipping container I still don't have ab explaination on the tail how would the cover even been closed with his tail like that? The container was the same just used a different cover that was cleaned properly. I didn't want to get into this fact game but you clearly do.
Matt Traficante

Old 04-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #22
pch101
"I didn't want to get into this fact game but you clearly do."

Fact Game????

Honestly, if you have facts you should post them. It is not a game, it is someones reputation.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #23
Rare Earth, Inc
Rare Earth

Matt,
I never said it sat outside for a long period of time. If it read that way I am sorry. I don't fault you for UPS not doing their job. Someone else made a point of saying it is the buyer has the obligation of watching for UPS.

I didn't intend to mislead anyone by saying the animals sat outside for too long based on your actions. The bottom line is the monitor suffered no ill effect from being too hot or too cold as is evident by him being back to thriving in my care. So the temperature issue is a wash.

You did mention to me that you had set him up based on that care sheet that I sent again. I made no mention of you not doing so. I only said that after a few more days in your care, after you got the caresheet again, you were still concerned. That is when I said I'd take him back and get him going or refund the money. Whether you had him set up correctly or not at that point only you know.

I still can't see where I am at fault for your shipping him back to the wrong address. You mention you take responsibility but the go on to say it was partly my fault. I just don't see how.

I am not trying to discredit you, or mislead anyone else. I tried to be fair in my telling of the story and how I dealt with the situation. Your latest point were valid, and I an ackowledgeing that, but that doesn't change the situation and where I am with the animal today. I offered you a solution that you happily agreed to. You then come here, pull up a 3 year old post and, without stating any details, discredit me and my place in the dwarf monitor community.

Jason Kaline

Old 04-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #24
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by moreliamaniac
Well Jason you didn't exactly state all the facts. You didn't mention that the animal was left out buy UPS for only 15 min
And you know this how?

Shipping to New England door to door in cold weather is dangerous. A better choice might have been made by both parties perhaps. But Jason is in no way responsible for a carrier error and Matt's not paying attention when the package arrived.

Quote:
the box it self was extremely cold
This is a "he said-she said" issue. Jason says there was a heat pack, Matt says there wasn't. No way to know for sure but I know which way I'm leaning.

Quote:
I took full responsibility for the shipping mistake.

But as you said yourself you made the assuption that I had the MD address. I also made the assuption that Va was the correct place.
Matt shipped to the wrong address. Jason had no reason to guess that he wouldn't use the return address or at least ask.

Quote:
As for the tail and the shipping container I still don't have ab explaination on the tail how would the cover even been closed with his tail like that?
But we have a picture of the animal in the container that you acknowledge using, Matt. So it happened. There are a few possibilities for how it happened:
  1. The monitor did it by itself
  2. A shipping accident in which the top came off in transit, the tail came out, and the lid went back on spontaneously.
  3. Jason intentionally harmed the animal to avoid making a refund
  4. It was packed that way

My money is on number 4, but that's only an educated guess.

Quote:
The container was the same just used a different cover that was cleaned properly.
I'd give Matt the benefit of the doubt on this one. But given the rest of the picture I would still be concerned about the monitor from the point of view of disease exposure and do a prolonged quarantine. Fecal analysis will, of course, be necessary. Matt, maybe you should offer to split that cost with Jason.

Quote:
Monitors don't go down in health that fast.
I suspect they go down faster than they recover, yet the animal was eating and thriving again quickly. Luckily.

Quote:
I didn't want to get into this fact game but you clearly do.
Facts are not games. Games are for children. So far only one party is acting like a responsible adult, and one is like whining like a child. JMHO, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Earth, Inc
I still can't see where I am at fault for your shipping him back to the wrong address. You mention you take responsibility but the go on to say it was partly my fault. I just don't see how.
Neither do I. Fortunately the animal survived.

Quote:
I am not trying to discredit you, or mislead anyone else. I tried to be fair in my telling of the story and how I dealt with the situation. Your latest point were valid, and I an ackowledgeing that, but that doesn't change the situation and where I am with the animal today. I offered you a solution that you happily agreed to. You then come here, pull up a 3 year old post and, without stating any details, discredit me and my place in the dwarf monitor community.
Exactly! Matt, you accepted the refund and then posted a negative comment but no details. As if readers were to just "trust you". Jason, on the other hand, has calmly outlined the experience and provided supporting evidence.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:56 PM   #25
moreliamaniac
Red face Rare Earth

Jason, I did not mean to discredit you at all I was disipointed with the outcome of our deal. The reason I did't want to get into the facts is because I wasn't blaming you 100% for the situation. I feel we both made mistakes
but if it appears that I was trying to discredit you I'm sorry. I only wanted the Pilbara to thrive in my care as I stated several times. "I regret the whole thing" thats all I meant by saying it was the worst deal I've ever made. And as for the old post I really didn't pay attention to the date I'm sorry there also. But you must look at my point of view on this I did every thing I could to correct the situation and then you say that if you send him back he'll surely die in my care. If thats not trying to discredit me I don't know what is.
I hope this puts an end to this
Matt Traficante
Oh,I almost forgot Jim please stop with the harrasment. You obviously have the time but I do not. I'll send you an email and hopfully that will conclude this foolishness

Old 04-11-2005, 06:26 PM   #26
David Scarboro
Question Wow!

Quote:
Oh,I almost forgot Jim please stop with the harrasment. You obviously have the time but I do not. I'll send you an email and hopfully that will conclude this foolishness
Matt, You jumped into this thread with both feet kicking Jason. Jim used your own words to put together a pretty good post in my opinion. This BOI is all about the "facts" that you seem not to like. If that's harassment, count me in. I think that you look pretty bad in this deal. JMHO

Old 04-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #27
Jim O
Quote:
Jason, I did not mean to discredit you at all I was disipointed with the outcome of our deal. The reason I did't want to get into the facts is because I wasn't blaming you 100% for the situation. I feel we both made mistakes
but if it appears that I was trying to discredit you I'm sorry. I only wanted the Pilbara to thrive in my care as I stated several times. "I regret the whole thing" thats all I meant by saying it was the worst deal I've ever made. And as for the old post I really didn't pay attention to the date I'm sorry there also. But you must look at my point of view on this I did every thing I could to correct the situation and then you say that if you send him back he'll surely die in my care. If thats not trying to discredit me I don't know what is.
I don't think anyone needed to discredit you Matt. You did a great job on your own. But...you threw the first punch. Did you expect Jason not to defend himself? Oh, wait, I forgot. You don't play the fact game. Your style is to throw accusations around without facts. Jason had already made things more than right for you and you chose to sling mud. You got exactly what you deserved.

Quote:
Oh,I almost forgot Jim please stop with the harrasment.
Boo-hoo. Can't stand the , get out of the kitchen. This thread isn't about me, Matt. This is another example of the "bad guy" throwing the first punch. Often the first to post a "bad guy" post is, in fact, the bad guy. All it takes is a little bit of prodding and a few "facts" and the bad guy digs his own hole. Congratulations, Matt, you did just that.

In case you want to know why I am calling you a "bad guy", here's a capsule:
  • You failed to properly arrange to receive a package containing a live ectotherm on a cold day. Had you been more alert, it would not have been left outside.
  • You say it was out only 20 minutes but I am skeptical as the box was extremely cold when you first got it, and you thought that the monitor was "frozen". It would have had to be VERY cold for that to have happened in 20 minutes outside. I do believe there was a heat pack since Jason said there was.
  • You failed to properly follow the husbandry directions that were given to you.
  • When the seller graciously agreed to take the animal back, you sent it to the wrong address.
  • When the animal arrived back to the seller, the tail was "miraculously" stuck in the lid of the container and had been for two days. This resulted in a permanent injury/deformity to the animal which likely was painful for it. Additionally, from the seller's point of view, the animal's value was now markedly diminished as a result of your negligence.
  • The seller made a more than fair restitiution to you considering that you had injured the animal and after you accepting it you came here and slammed his reputation but didn't want to play the "fact game"
  • The "facts" showed exactly what happened.
  • Again, you try to deflect blame by saying that I am harassing you. Poor you.
Who's the "bad guy" now? Who started the mudslinging (omitting the "facts")? Who harassed Jason? You, you, and you.

Matt, here's your sign:

Wear it with pride.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #28
lizfortune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I don't think anyone needed to discredit you Matt. You did a great job on your own. But...you threw the first punch. Did you expect Jason not to defend himself? Oh, wait, I forgot. You don't play the fact game. Your style is to throw accusations around without facts. Jason had already made things more than right for you and you chose to sling mud. You got exactly what you deserved.

Boo-hoo. Can't stand the , get out of the kitchen. This thread isn't about me, Matt. This is another example of the "bad guy" throwing the first punch. Often the first to post a "bad guy" post is, in fact, the bad guy. All it takes is a little bit of prodding and a few "facts" and the bad guy digs his own hole. Congratulations, Matt, you did just that.

In case you want to know why I am calling you a "bad guy", here's a capsule:
  • You failed to properly arrange to receive a package containing a live ectotherm on a cold day. Had you been more alert, it would not have been left outside.
  • You say it was out only 20 minutes but I am skeptical as the box was extremely cold when you first got it, and you thought that the monitor was "frozen". It would have had to be VERY cold for that to have happened in 20 minutes outside. I do believe there was a heat pack since Jason said there was.
  • You failed to properly follow the husbandry directions that were given to you.
  • When the seller graciously agreed to take the animal back, you sent it to the wrong address.
  • When the animal arrived back to the seller, the tail was "miraculously" stuck in the lid of the container and had been for two days. This resulted in a permanent injury/deformity to the animal which likely was painful for it. Additionally, from the seller's point of view, the animal's value was now markedly diminished as a result of your negligence.
  • The seller made a more than fair restitiution to you considering that you had injured the animal and after you accepting it you came here and slammed his reputation but didn't want to play the "fact game"
  • The "facts" showed exactly what happened.
  • Again, you try to deflect blame by saying that I am harassing you. Poor you.
Who's the "bad guy" now? Who started the mudslinging (omitting the "facts")? Who harassed Jason? You, you, and you.

Matt, here's your sign:

Wear it with pride.
ooh boy... I mean... I can't... help it... I... I mean... what kind of idiot... oh man! The tears... I'm dying here...

I used this in another post but couldn't resist.

Brian

Old 04-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #29
Rare Earth, Inc
Rare Earth

Not to cause problems but I would appriciate if talk on this thread remained professional. Anyone wanting to investigate Rare Earth for future business may end up reading through this thread and it seems it would be more effective for them if it stayed on track.

Matt said his peace and I said mine. He is certainly entitled to his opinion as I am of mine. I appriciate all the support I received but again if we could just keep this thread professional I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks,
Jason Kaline
Rare Earth, inc.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #30
lizfortune
Quote:
Matt said his peace and I said mine. He is certainly entitled to his opinion as I am of mine.
And so am I... and this is mine.
I just say mine with humor but the thought is the same as Jim's. He has already said the points much better than I could have and then he used a little humor. I didn't need to say the points... but then I used more humor. No disrespect intended, but I will not take this too seriously AND the ridiculous complaint is pretty humorous.

Brian

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!