I might lose my job... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:12 AM   #11
AK907
Lucille, it is not a problem with my wife working (thats how we met actually, she was one of my employees, a darn good one too!) but rather trying to find a job around here. Jobs are few and far between here with one of the highest unemployment rates in the country and being far from anything resembling civilization. I feel blessed just to have my crappy job. She has been out of work for 4 months now. Even McDonald's isn't hiring here! How sad is that? Ohio is just a temporary living arrangement, though. Once things calm down and we get settled we plan to either move back to Alaska or to my old stoming ground, Wyoming. At least it isn't like Texas. I would never go back there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
And tell your father in law when he's in court to bring up the ladies secret boyfriend that was there too..... Would be funny to see how her and the husband react. Same thing with him too. He didn't do it. If he did they would press criminal charges and the police would investigate. And without he won't be prosecuted. Sounds more like she's out for money than anything.
It isn't the first time he has been accused of taking crap. Guess it comes with the territory. Every time he has come out clean one way or another. I don't like the man, personally, not by a long shot, but he isn't the kind of person to steal. He is a very honest man, I will give him that. He makes a darn decent living and has no reason to steal anyways. He takes very good care of my mother in law and brother in law.

BTW, were you at the Cleveland Show recently? I swear you were parked behind me. You drive a Jeep, huh?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #12
AK907
Update!!!

I still have my job. I knew for sure they were gunna see me counting money and say I did it by default and throw the book at me. Luck like that runs in the family. Well they reviewed the cameras. It didn't show the girl actually stealing the money from what they told me, but what it did show was me NOT stealing it. I also got a nice appology from management. That was a nice gesture. Most jobs I've had wouldn't have bothered. From now on I'm gunna watch my back a lot more closely. Everyone is. I looked at the numbers since she was fired and we have not been more than a few cents off each night. Tonight we were only off by $0.03. Not bad, I can deal with that.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #13
AbsoluteApril
Glad to hear it! *phew*!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #14
Earthworks
lol AK907 you met your wife when she was Your employee And a minor...lmao not knockin you but glad you got away from that one cleanly

as far as getting pinned, i wouldnt stress out unless theres some evidence against you...most companies are smart enough to be on gaurd for the legal issues involving false accusations and unfounded firing...do you know if the girl they fired possibly tried to implicate you?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #15
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
If it wasn't the police then they have no right to force her to stay while they bully her into a confession.

Go in, tell your story, answer questions and then leave. Unless the police are involved, they can't hold you. It's their burden to prove whatever they are accusing you of doing.

Document everything. Get copies of anything you sign.
They didn't force her to stay, she just never got up to leave until they told her they were done. She's the kind of person who never does anything wrong so she was less worried about the punishment and more worried about them believing her. It was during scheduled hours so at least she got paid for it....

Old 10-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #16
Earthworks
wow didnt realize this was such an old post! i should read more carefully, and somehow missed the update part altogether so glad they didnt try to can ya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!