Inquiry Pro-Exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
mingdurga
Warning! Pro-Exotics

Had a deal go sour with these guys and $835 refund slow coming. When I paid thru paypal the transaction was completed in about 15 minutes. Getting a refund is not as quick.

Promised same day refund on July 18th: turns out they had no funds in paypal acct.

Was told next day they would transfer funds from bank thru paypal. Have yet to receive anything to date. They insist it's on paypal to move things along.

I've dealt with paypal over a year now and all transactions, sending and receiving funds, have gone to completion in less than an hour. Never had dealings that took as long as this. I just want my refund in full, so I never have to deal with Pro-Exotics again.

My personal opinion is that they're not right financially.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Royal Morphz
Well Chad Brown and Pro Exotics are goo people he if you didn't know was a great football player. See you sent you money with paypal. They pulled it out into there business account which, by Paypals on site can take, 3 to 5 business days. Then they have to reload the money which is usually faster and send it to you.
Just to better explain it to you Business days are M-F. The 18th was a Sat and the money might get to there account by Thurs. the 23rd and hen they have to send it back to the after that.
Keep in mind that they want to make sure they have your money to send back as it has been common practice for a upset buyer to charge back there CC and then have the seller refund it only to find out that the CC had already refunded the money. Thus giving the buy 2 times the original cost and the buyer being out that same amount.
They are just covering there butts to.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
shrap
You have nothing to worry about. The folks at Pro Exotics are as honest as the day is long.

If you stop and think about this situation, they told you they had to transfer money from their bank to PayPal. And if you have ever done this before yourself (I have many many times) you would know that the transfer takes 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS. Weekends dont count, and the 18th was a Saturday.

Be patient and relax. Pro Exotics are honest people and will do what they say they are going to do.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
Wolfy-hound
I have full faith you'll get it back. Getting money back via paypal can take a few days, but once it's ready to go, they'll send it back. Sorry to hear you'll deal didn't work, they have awesome critters, and good service.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
TheVipersHouse
Pro Exotics is Hands Down 1 of the best there is .
it takes time to transfer money from 1 account to a paypal account so your expecting it to happen overnight is a bit of a reach , cause it dont happen that way .
usually like mentioned before it takes 3-5 business days to complete .
you will have your refund in full i , i have no doubts at all about that .

Old 07-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
mingdurga
Thumbs down pro exotics and paypal

Finally got the refund completed today. I've transferred monies from bank to paypal, and vice versa, faster than PE. Paypal site clearly shows if funds are in your acct. or not. There are back up Credit Cards to use also. Hopefully this is the end, and I will be finished with PE forever.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingdurga View Post
Finally got the refund completed today. I've transferred monies from bank to paypal, and vice versa, faster than PE. Paypal site clearly shows if funds are in your acct. or not. There are back up Credit Cards to use also. Hopefully this is the end, and I will be finished with PE forever.
WOW !!!! . well thats your choice but your the one who is actually losing out , their animals are top notch .
Owell sounds to me from your own words that Pro Exotics are probably better with you not ever buying from them again .

Old 07-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
shrap
Quote:
Finally got the refund completed today.
Good deal. As expected, Pro Exotics did exactly what they said they would do, in the exact time frame they said they would do it.

Quote:
I've transferred monies from bank to paypal, and vice versa, faster than PE.
Yep, me too. I have had a transfer complete as soon as the next day. But I have also had transfers take the full 5 days. And like you I get a little irritated when it starts getting closer to 5 days. But I sure aint going to blame the seller for something that is completely out of their control.

And it would not have mattered if you paid by credit card. To Pro Exotics or any other online business in the world. Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Amazon.com..... it dont matter, a refund typically takes 3 to 5 business days for online transactions. The seller has NO control over how long it takes two financial institutions to toss money back and forth.

While I understand being frustrated over the situation, I just cant follow the logic of blaming Pro Exotics in this matter.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
snakewrangler
Quote:
Had a deal go sour with these guys and $835 refund slow coming. When I paid thru paypal the transaction was completed in about 15 minutes. Getting a refund is not as quick.

Promised same day refund on July 18th: turns out they had no funds in paypal acct.

Was told next day they would transfer funds from bank thru paypal. Have yet to receive anything to date. They insist it's on paypal to move things along.

I've dealt with paypal over a year now and all transactions, sending and receiving funds, have gone to completion in less than an hour. Never had dealings that took as long as this. I just want my refund in full, so I never have to deal with Pro-Exotics again.

My personal opinion is that they're not right financially.
You waited 4 days, only 2 of which were business days. Then you post on the BOI that you are "finished" with PE.

You're also impatient, and a bit of a baby.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
robyn@Pro Exotics
We processed your refund immediately. I even sent you a screen capture of the completed paypal refund screen. The "long wait" is on the paypal side, it has nothing at all to do with us. I have tried to explain this a number of times. I am not sure if you are not reading the emails, or just don't care about the information.

I'm sorry the purchase didn't work out for you, in 16+ years, we have processed perhaps 4 animal refunds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!