Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #71
aeterrabyte
I just use vinegar and soap to clean the bins. I am not saying that it's over heat from ship. I am just saying what I know which is that the snake is not doing well and it is within 30 days and I am not happy with it. He's got to take it back and just keep her as a pet. It happens.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #72
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
You can speak to them. It's westgate bird hospital in austin. You can find there number and call them I am bringing her in at 4:20 tomorrow.
Unless you leave written permission, the vet hospital will not speak to anyone about one of their clients.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #73
Shadera
Perfect example of why a lot of sellers don't offer much of a health guarantee beyond live arrival. There's no telling what someone is going to do with a snake once it leaves your hands and most people would have no problem hanging the seller out to dry.

Since when has it been acceptable practice to place water into a snake's mouth to hydrate them? Any keeper beyond rank newbie knows the tube they breathe through is in the mouth. Who's to say your intervention didn't cause the snake to aspirate water? It doesn't take much when you have one lung.

Sounds more like a case of buyer's mistake, although with your current terms you've left yourself wide open for this, Rob. Lesson learned the hard way. Hopefully the snake recovers.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #74
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
I just use vinegar and soap to clean the bins. I am not saying that it's over heat from ship. I am just saying what I know which is that the snake is not doing well and it is within 30 days and I am not happy with it. He's got to take it back and just keep her as a pet. It happens.
Ditch that cleaning method and order Either cholorohexidine or F10. Both are safe around reptiles and can be used to wipe the animals down.

As for the statement it happens, No it dont, this isnt common to see enough to say it happens. I can count on one hand how many times ive see a snake in this manner!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #75
chadharper
It sounds like buyers remorse and maybe he needs the money elsewhere?

I havent viewed the videos but I wonder what you originally paid for the snake?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #76
Tenor Goddess
Thomas, could you answer Rob's question? After the below quote, he actually asked a fourth time with no answer.

Quote:
But it was fine on Saturday, right? Third time I've asked.
Please post all information and documents you get from your vet appointment tomorrow.

Thanks,

Amanda Rose

Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #77
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Ditch that cleaning method and order Either cholorohexidine or F10. Both are safe around reptiles and can be used to wipe the animals down.

As for the statement it happens, No it dont, this isnt common to see enough to say it happens. I can count on one hand how many times ive see a snake in this manner!
Hot water or steam is the best. That stuff is just going to make the bacteria stronger in the end. That F10 is over priced it's basically only effective on staph. The most common type of bacteria found in reptile is psuedomonus. I just like hot water. I used to use a steamer but was too much of a hassle.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #78
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenor Goddess View Post
Thomas, could you answer Rob's question? After the below quote, he actually asked a fourth time with no answer.

Please post all information and documents you get from your vet appointment tomorrow.

Thanks,

Amanda Rose
I mean fine is relative. It did eat on saturday. I have not been observing her that much until on sunday when she looked almost dead. He knows the answer. Lets just see what happens tomorrow.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #79
mikew1234
If it was ibd it would be dead. I have bred spider to spider morphs, and have had no ill effects. I kept quite a few back, and they do fine. Forcing water into a snake is an absolutely awful idea. I'm suprised no one thought of the idea of accidentally pushing water to the lungs. A snake closes quite a few airways off while drinking. Forcing water into it's mouth could have led to it going into these airways. As for feeding, I have seen many animals go off feed for short periods of time. Especially when they're handled or stressed extensively. I don't mean to sound offensive, but your actions could easily cause that. Also, from the 22nd is not going off feed.
As for Rob's tos.. Unfortunately, you kind of hurt yourself by being so broad. I've done favors for people with animals that didn't eat, or other special circumstances, but way too much can happen in a month.
Once you bring it to the vet, you will likely know much more, but I have a feeling they'll see how it moves being a spider, and suggest to euthanize it because they have no experience with the gene.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #80
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew1234 View Post
If it was ibd it would be dead. I have bred spider to spider morphs, and have had no ill effects. I kept quite a few back, and they do fine. Forcing water into a snake is an absolutely awful idea. I'm suprised no one thought of the idea of accidentally pushing water to the lungs. A snake closes quite a few airways off while drinking. Forcing water into it's mouth could have led to it going into these airways. As for feeding, I have seen many animals go off feed for short periods of time. Especially when they're handled or stressed extensively. I don't mean to sound offensive, but your actions could easily cause that. Also, from the 22nd is not going off feed.
As for Rob's tos.. Unfortunately, you kind of hurt yourself by being so broad. I've done favors for people with animals that didn't eat, or other special circumstances, but way too much can happen in a month.
Once you bring it to the vet, you will likely know much more, but I have a feeling they'll see how it moves being a spider, and suggest to euthanize it because they have no experience with the gene.
I did not run to force feed water and i did not really force feed it water. The first thing i did when I suspected it could be dehydrated was put some moist paper towels in it's hide and just leave it for a little bit. I made sure that water didn't go into it's windpipe. I used a very small piece of airline tubing to do that. After I gave it a few drops. It urinated and passed a urate as well. So I think it needed it.

I think the vet will say the same thing and also I will tell him what I did I will be honest with him he is a decent guy been to him a few times. It's not a smart idea, but the snake was already messed up when i decided to try it. What i'm thinking happened was the wobble got bad and it couldn't drink and it just got worse.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles