Cribo Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
Heretic86
Cribo Question

My buddy has had a uni-colored for a couple of years now and I just think these are the coolest snakes. I've been thinking of getting one for a while now and have found out that they are hard to come by. I just have a couple of questions.

I was wondering what the temperament ranges are from the blacktails/yellowtails/unicolors are and also the size ranges between the sexes of the three. If anybody could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

-Glen

Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
epidemic
BT's and Uni's and YT's; Oh my!

Good to hear from you, Glen,

Uni's are indeed far and few between, but they do pop up on occasion and watching the classifieds diligently and checking with breeders will go far in helping you with the acquisition of such.
As for the differences of temperament between the Dry subs you have inquired about, I would like to first state; Drys, like any other genus, are individuals and temperament can only be measured on an individual basis. However, having said that, I can say BT’s and Uni’s are generally very docile, even WC specimens, though I have had a couple specimens, of each sub, that regularly acted defensively. Now the YT’s have a reputation for bing a bit more sheepish then the other members of the Dry clan, but I have ten of them in my collection and all with the exception of a single animal are as docile as any of my BT”s and Uni’s and my wife’s nine year old handles them regularly with no issues.
Males are generally larger than females within the Dry clan, with the YT’s reaching the greatest size, as adult males can reach 11’ and there is an account of a WC 12’ plus male which was imported several years ago.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so the below photos should offer some testimony as to the disposition the three subs you have inquired about…

Best regards,

Jeff
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
Heretic86
Thanks Jeff!

Old 11-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
epidemic
You're very welcome, Glen!

Always a pleasure to help and you will find just about everyone working with Drys to be both helpful and enthusiastic!

Jeff
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #5
thesnakeman
Talking

Glen,
Come to the St. Louis Herp show, Dec. 30. I'll have an adult uni or two for show, and hopefully a couple of this years babies for sale. Jeff will be there too,...I hope.
T.
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2006, 12:14 AM   #6
Heretic86
I appreciate it Anthony. I'm going to the one in Shelbyville KY this weekend but i don't expend to find any there. I just might end up going to the one in st Louis. let me know for sure if your going to have any of the 06's there. I am definitely interested in a unicolor, especially newely hatched.

-Glen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!