Gotta take the bad with the good. *SEMI GRAPHIC* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
snakemansnakes
Gotta take the bad with the good. *SEMI GRAPHIC*

Well out of my 16 egg clutch I have 15 healthy babies that all emerged over the past few days. One looked a little strange in the egg so I decided to help it out. Well needles to say it was DIE. This is what I saw when I opened it up.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
RyanT
Crazy man. Too bad it didn't make it. I've always thought it would be cool to have a 2-headed snake.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #3
scratchypen
Looked like it had more issues then two heads going on. I had one emerge this year that was cork screwed. It looked like a frickin spring. I had to cut its egg for it, it too looked weird in the egg but I left it. The darn thing somehow managed to emerge (have no idea how it moved) and was just sitting next to the egg still alive the day after I cut the egg. Needless to say, it went straight to the kingsnake. I am sorry that you had a loss, it always sucks.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
RepLover1022
Over on cornsnakes.com there was just a two headed baby born alive a few weeks ago. Idk the state of the animal now but I couldn't believe it was alive. that is so crazy though. I'm glad this little guy didn't suffer though. Breaks my heart no matter how old or what kind of animal it is. Circle of life though.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Helenthereef
Think quality of life and it's probably better for the snake that it didn't live. Interesting though, thanks for posting - no abnormalities at all amongst the others?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
jellyfishrhythm
...whoa. I've read things about two-headed snakes living for a decent amount of time (longer than expected anyway) - - but I've never seen one fresh out of the egg before. Too bad it apparently had other things going on, but I agree with Helen, quality of life has to be considered.

Thanks a lot for posting, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's never seen photos like that before. Hope all the other babies are doing well! Pictures? :-)

Old 10-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
ShortStack
How sad Poor thing but like everyone else said, at least it didn't look to have suffered.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!