Patience is a virtue... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
Patience is a virtue...

and I have none.

18 days left if all goes on schedule...

please go on schedule Vegas... lol just snapped this pic 10 min ago:

Can you believe that girl is 8 yrs old? I've raised her from a couple months of age, kept waiting for her to get bigger but she just kept getting all BP on me (fat) haha. Vegas is a lateral striped normal, her parents were 'two big normal colombians', I guess she just got the 'small' gene.

I finally decided to try her this year with Alpine. He did a great job, she is definitely gravid, I just hope there are babies in there! If so, I'm guessing between 4-6? hopefully!

My other pair is still courting for goodness sakes! It's going to be a long stressful season...

but I love it.

Who else is still waiting on litters to drop? I know there's gotta be some good stuff still cooking.

Happy herping!
-April

Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
SnakeEyesExotics
Wow, she is a little beauty April! It is hard sitting and waiting for boa litters, especially when it's that close. It's hard to tell how big she is from the pics, but I think she may have more babies than you think. Look forward to seeing baby pics soon!

Anya Hogan

Old 05-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
gsrept
i am guessin around 12 babies my 4 year old is that size and just had 11 babies 2 slugs and a premature. good luck keep us posted

Old 05-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
It is kinda hard to tell how big she is in the pics, she's between 5-5.5' about as big around as a soda can. This would be her first litter, so I'm not expecting it to be very big (but that's perfectly fine with me).

last night she was sitting at an odd angle and I could see babies moving around inside her...
14 more days give or take... tonight I'll pull out her hide boxes and give her some shredded newspaper to start nesting in.
Yeeeeeeeeeee! <--- that's me squeeling in excitement like a lil' girl

Old 05-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
here's an older picture taken in 2004, couldn't find her baby pics but I have them somewhere

Old 05-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
kmrkvicka
My smaller girl gave me 12 babies (and 3 premies) so, don't be counting on just 4, lol. I'm still being so aggravated waiting over here!! I was just about to start a similar thread, and I think I still will, LOL

Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
still waiting over here.
She finally started moving a bit these last 2 days, the mass is moving down, should be soon...
just took this right now (6:30pm), day 108

me:

Old 05-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
Anything yet? It's been "soon" for a couple days already.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
nada

today is day 110 POS
maybe she's trying to set a record, I'd have to go back and check but I think the longest one of my girls has gone before was 112.

She's still not cruising like I would expect at this stage. I gave her a mist and snapped these pics. Maybe she's stressed cause i keep bugging her so much.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
Gotta love em.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!