WANTED! Black throat monitor mentor. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-20-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
WANTED! Black throat monitor mentor.

Hi
I'm getting ready to embark on my first BT monitor raising. But I would like an Experienced mentor. I raised and bred True German Giant BD for several years and did very well. I'd still be at it if it weren't for all the feeding of babies.
My job just didn't let me feed three times a day. I've come home and seen a runt stuffed into a GG babies mouth. That was it. Lol

For the last several years I've been keeping,raising and breeding boa morphs with great results. I still have many,but am selling off due to failing health and over 40 boas was a bit much for me at times.

Anyways,now after three heart attacks,I have all the time in the world (if heart lets me) to raise one to adulthood and beyond.

My worries are parasites and over feeding as I've seen many people do with Savannas. I don't want an over weight monster. I'd like perfectly healthy,hopefully mellow BT.
I have all the room he/she will ever need. At the moment I have an old beardie pen still set up in my basement. It's clean and not an old stone wall type basement. It's mostly finished. The pen is currently 5'x3'. And when that's too small,I plan on giving it a pen that's one full room. 12'x18' ish.

Anyone interested in me picking their brains for excellent care info,please send a pm,text or email. If you help me over the next year or two,I'll give you the BT
For free if I kick the bucket before it does. You would have to pick it up,no way in the world will my wife touch,box and ship. Lol. She absolutely hates my boas.

My name is Rich,my email is allreptiles1966@hotmail.com. My phone is 518-275-5689 for texting. Calls only up until 7 pm est.

Hope to hear from a long term BT raiser/breeder . No one time keepers wanted. Need true experience.

Rich

Old 04-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #2
mialma09
Hello, so I see you are very interested in black throats that's awesome I love to see when people can expand and take on a truly massive and very intellectual animal as these. Well I don't normally post on here at least not for a while but I would be glad to help answer any questions you may have on them. I have been working with V. Albigularis Microstictus for almost 5 years my eldest male 4.5 years old is currently 6 foot 46lbs and I have a younger 18 month old male around 3.5 foot as well as a 5 month old young CBB female from Andrew Llewelyn an accomplished breeder of the species for over a decade and where I learned a lot of what I know of them today. If you have a facebook account there is a great page called white throats and black throats and if you would like to talk with myself more my name is Chris Mialma in facebook or email chrismialma@yahoo.com. I enjoy when people ask questions and try to help as much as possible

Old 04-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #3
allreptiles1966
Thank you,but I do not do fb. I never liked putting my personal info on a PC.
I have lots of info and have been reading for over a year now. Sold all my boas due to health problems and just going to do a BTM.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!