Alan Hall (Good Guy) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #11
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKing611
Aside from conflicts that i can now see he has obviously had here with you all, he *in my opinion* provided a great product and great customer service (afterall, isnt the purpose of this to post such experiences??). I realize that what he did here upset you all and with good reason, however this doesn't mean that he isn't running a legitimate business and it doesnt mean he is going to rip you off if you send him money for a cage Robert King
This leads me to believe you already knew the situation before you posted.
Are you saying you went and read the threads after you posted your good guy post?

Thanks, DAND
I forgot post to post for the visual impaired

Old 02-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #12
RKing611
To E2MacPets: Correction, legitimate in the business sense of the term in which I implied simply means that he provides the product that he says he will at the agreed upon price, which was my experience. So yes, as far as I am concerned the business is legitimate. You mention his behavior....now in a behavioral sense of the term legitimate I can see where there is an issue and that is a whole other topic that has nothing to do with me. This, however, does not mean he runs an illegitimate business.

To DAND: How are you led to believe I already knew the situation before I posted? I will use the same quote of mine that you did: “Aside from conflicts that I can now see he has obviously had here with you all...”. The “can now see” implies that I did my research and read about the conflict after receiving these replies to my “good guy” post, which is the case. Happy to clear that up for you.

Listen, I didn’t come here to stir up controversy. I feel you all would agree that this is perhaps the most prominent Herp-related forum on the internet and I agree that it’s a wonderful resource. I simply did what is meant to be done here by posting my own positive personal experience with someone in the business. I didn’t realize it would cause such a stir, but I still don’t regret doing it, because I DID have a positive experience with his business despite what many of you have against him on a personal level. As I said before, it would be a shame for you all to associate me with the feelings you have for him simply because I posted my good experience with a man who is involved with a touchy subject here. Thanks,
Robert King

Old 02-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #13
DAND
Quote:
To DAND: How are you led to believe I already knew the situation before I posted? I will use the same quote of mine that you did: “Aside from conflicts that I can now see he has obviously had here with you all...”. The “can now see” implies that I did my research and read about the conflict after receiving these replies to my “good guy” post, which is the case. Happy to clear that up for you.
You are barking up the wrong tree by addressing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
This leads me to believe you already knew the situation before you posted.
Are you saying you went and read the threads after you posted your good guy post?

Thanks, DAND
I forgot post to post for the visual impaired

Dennis was just thanking me for enlarging an area so that it was there for the visually challenged, which seems to be catching as of late.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #14
E2MacPets
Quote:
To E2MacPets: Correction, legitimate in the business sense of the term in which I implied simply means that he provides the product that he says he will at the agreed upon price, which was my experience. So yes, as far as I am concerned the business is legitimate. You mention his behavior....now in a behavioral sense of the term legitimate I can see where there is an issue and that is a whole other topic that has nothing to do with me. This, however, does not mean he runs an illegitimate business.

Robert King
An interesting line of discussion, I hope you don't mind if I continue it.

If you define legitimacy in terms of being able to deliver a product as represented, then would that translate to your support of street vendors selling products "off the back of the truck?" Do you feel that the vendors who make money selling bootlegged movies and records are legitimate businesses?

So does the legitimacy of a business in terms of ethics and legalities determine if you would do business with them? You have clearly indicated that this would not effect your decision.

I am saddened by this, but not surprised given the trends in society that support a similar mindset.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #15
RKing611
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
You are barking up the wrong tree by addressing me.

Dennis was just thanking me for enlarging an area so that it was there for the visually challenged, which seems to be catching as of late.
Sorry DAND, you're right. I was reading it as if he was signing it DAND. That statement is then directed to Dennis, not you.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #16
RKing611
I don't mind the continuation there at all. You make a good point and I would have to say that I agree that the legitimacy of a business in terms of ethics and legalities DOES determine if i would do business with them, despite you assuming otherwise of me based on my previous statement. However, the example you present of whether or not i feel that the vendors who make money selling bootlegged movies and records are legitimate businesses has no application to the current situation. These people are doing something ILLEGAL. In terms of my business with Alan, the products he provides for me are his own that he makes and he advertises in a legal fashion. I don't know too much about the situation that went down that led to your quarrell with Alex, but i ask: did he do anything illegal? You may find fault with his PERSONAL ethics and thus not be willing to do business with him, but in this case his ethics are rather unrelated to the legitimacy of his business.
Robert King

Old 02-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #17
E2MacPets
If you read the thread about Alan Hall, you will discover that what he did which was, in my opinion, purely motivated by his business ambitions.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #18
E2MacPets
In addition, even if what Alan did was personal, and not business related, would you continue to do business with a neo-nazi if he sold a really good product? Sorry for the harsh comparison, but that example actually happened within the last month.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #19
RKing611
No, although a very extreme example, I must be honest and say I would be more than reluctant to do business with a neo-nazi...

Old 02-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #20
reptilebreeder
I've got nothing to say that hasn't already been said in my sig.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!