Karma? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #31
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB View Post
I understand where your coming from, but seeing that red mark under your name just irks you a little bit. It did me anyway.
Oh, believe me, I've been there. I once negged this site's owner, which didn't end well for my own rating. Given my personality type, I'm no stranger to those little red blocks. Ultimately, if the worse thing that happens to you in a given day is that some random person intensely disliked a post you made, how bad can your day possibly be going?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #32
MCMB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I'm guessing it was this one

posted in response to the guy requesting information about how to get his snake(s) to Germany.

Obviously a joke, albeit in poor taste....and I'll agree that the post was of absolutely no value in the thread. Not what I would give you a negative for, at least not most days - but if I was having an intolerant moment, I could see it.
I'm not disputing that it had no value...I just couldn't believe people would give negative karma for something like that. Like I said, it was a moment of frustration knowing that it put my account in a negative light. I'm moving on from it, and I guess I'll just have to watch I say from now on.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #33
MCMB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Oh, believe me, I've been there. I once negged this site's owner, which didn't end well for my own rating. Given my personality type, I'm no stranger to those little red blocks. Ultimately, if the worse thing that happens to you in a given day is that some random person intensely disliked a post you made, how bad can your day possibly be going?
Lol....very good point. As my old boss used to say, 'first world problems'.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:50 PM   #34
hhmoore
And Dan is correct - going around making posts solely for the purpose of boosting your karma ends up being obvious to a large number of people.
When that happens, some people will respond, others will dig their heels in and refuse. Often it backfires, and some people will look for reasons to give you negative just because you've become annoying in your efforts.
Dan was also correct in saying it's best to just forget about karma, and post what you post. People will appreciate it, or not...if you find that your karma score is dropping, re-evaluating your approach is generally all it takes to correct the problem.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #35
MCMB
For sure. Thank you both for the reasonable responses to my original rampage :P

Old 07-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #36
hhmoore
BTW - here is the post to which I referred.
I believe some adjustments have been made in how karma is accrued; but the basic explanation is sound.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...93&postcount=6

Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #37
MCMB
So to make sure I'm understanding correctly, I CAN currently give someone positive karma if I feel it is warranted, but until I have made 100 posts they won't actually gain any karma? Am I reading that right?

Old 07-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #38
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB View Post
I CAN currently give someone positive karma if I feel it is warranted, but until I have made 100 posts they won't actually gain any karma?
Correct. At this point, it'd a purely symbolic gesture. Instead of a green block, they'll receive a gray one.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:14 PM   #39
MCMB
Gotcha. Thank you both for the help, I actually do appreciate it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!