<<BAD GUY>> Jim Harper and Jim Dean From Fort Wayne, IN - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
Brett Bender
Thumbs down <<BAD GUY>> Jim Harper and Jim Dean From Fort Wayne, IN

I just wanted to give a heads up about two bad guys that I've recently done business with. I'm embarrased to say that I got ripped-off and it was my fault. I have been doing this for about 15 years and I shipped without getting paid or doing a major background check. Please learn from my mistake and be careful out there!

Details.....

I posted an Ad on kingsnake for 1.0 Granite Burmese for $350 shipped. A few days later I recieved a call from a guy that called himself Jim Harper on Monday 8-21. He was interested in the burm so I called him back. He said that he would like to buy the burmese and asked when I can ship. I told him I would ship on Tuesday 8-22 and I did. He told me that he would run to the bank and drop the check in the mail for thursday arrival 8-24. He received the burm on 8-23 am and said that he was dropping the check off at post office and I should have it by Friday 8-25. I did not receive the check on Friday but I did receive a call from him saying that the check went out and it will be here on Wednesday 8-30 or so. The check once again never showed up and now he will not answer his cell phone. After tracking down the address to where I shipped it to I found out that it was an UPS store. He told me to put his name (Jim Harper) or Jim Dean's name on the box. Basically all that I have for contact information is his cell phone which is carried through Centennial Wireless. I had no email contact at anytime since he was moving.

I should have caught on this to this scam but we had a lot of conversations regarding breeders. The kicker was that the only reason that I was selling this burm and some of my carpets is because both of my rotties have cancer and the vet bills are coming in. He said that he has Giant Schnaucher(sp?) and he complete understands and feels for me. What a heartless prick!

Anyways- Keep your eyes open and be smart. Keep your eyes open for a guy that calls himself Jim Harper has a partner named Jim Dean. I'm guessing that these are fake names. He also mentioned that wants to open a store in the Fort Wayne area called J & J Reptiles. He also said that he is trying to sell a 10ft amel retic that he bought from Al Baldogo so be careful if you come across one.

Thanks and have fun Herping!

Brett Bender

Old 09-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Brett Bender
Well somebody just answered the phone.....

I tried calling again and some woman just answered the phone. I had been calling every day since last Wednesday 8-30 and all that I would get is his Centennial Mobile message saying that the customer was unavailable or out of range. Some times it would go straight to that message and other times it would ring for awhile. She told me that his aunt just died and to call back. I told her that I need to talk to him since I shipped him a snake and the money hasn't arrived.

We'll see where this goes.

Brett Bender

Old 12-07-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
Mike's Monitors
Hey Brother!

Brett
Sorry to hear about your dogs.
I purchased an English bulldog 8 months ago and could only imagin!
Merry Christmas Brother
Mike
Mike's Monitors!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #4
afflicted
This sounds really familiar. I got involved with a deadbeat in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I am not done with him yet. There are major similarities like Centennial Wireless, Jim with a variation of those last names and an amel tiger retic that I now own and have in my possession. Email me if you would please, perhaps we can help each other out. I have an email address, mailing address, phone number and an associate or two in his area. I employed a collection agency since he did not pay for his order.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!