!! BE CAREFUL !! Wild caught ball pythons sold as captive breds! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:42 PM   #21
Philly
"Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in."
-Michael Corleone, Godfather 3

Mike actually paypal'd me back $201.00 WHILE WE WERE ON THE PHONE TOGETHER and I IMMEDIATELY refunded him the $201 as he overpaid me (Please take note that we were on the phone together during this time).

I explained to him that he overpaid by $5.00 and that he could easily click into the transaction and select the 'refund' link at the bottom of the page. There's no reason for him to overpay and waste $5.00 of his money. My wife said I was FOOLISH for doing that but like I said, I'm an honest businessman and would expect the same gesture if I overpaid someone when I could have simply clicked a 'refund' link in paypal.

He used his debit card to fund the transaction so he couldn't refund my original transaction as my refund would take upwards of 3 days to clear back to his account. I tried to contact him each day during this time and I could not contact him. He utimately told me that I kept the snakes for more than 24hrs and he would not refund my money!!!

I guess I am truly the dumb-ass in this whole transaction and for a lousy $5.00 that I tried to save him as he overpaid me. Like I said, I'm a legitimate businessman with old world values and I ass-u-me(d) he was a upstanding businessman as well. I didn't expect him to evade me and ultimately tell me to "screw off" because I had the snakes for more than 24 hours.

Perhaps this whole situation is my fault and although many people would call me an idiot for refunding his refund for the sake of saving him $5.00, my character would not allow me to have a man overpay me when there was no reason to.

I created this thread because what I "think" happened is that Mike had time to contact Strictly Reptiles to return the snakes and they told him that he couldn't. I "think" I gave him an "out" by refunding his refund as he had the money BACK on his account. Although I was under the understanding that he would refund using the correct 'refund' link through paypal once the money cleared back to his account, he took this as an opportunity to keep the money and evade me totally.

Once again, my kindness in order to save a man $5.00 cost me $195.00.

Regardless of what happened, I paid for cb and received wc snakes from him. I'm at the mercy of paypal now and I did not expect such a lenghtly dialogue at the onset of my posting. Take this for what it's worth.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #22
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by Philly
"Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in."
-Michael Corleone, Godfather 3

Mike actually paypal'd me back $201.00 WHILE WE WERE ON THE PHONE TOGETHER and I IMMEDIATELY refunded him the $201 as he overpaid me (Please take note that we were on the phone together during this time).

I explained to him that he overpaid by $5.00 and that he could easily click into the transaction and select the 'refund' link at the bottom of the page. There's no reason for him to overpay and waste $5.00 of his money. My wife said I was FOOLISH for doing that but like I said, I'm an honest businessman and would expect the same gesture if I overpaid someone when I could have simply clicked a 'refund' link in paypal.

He used his debit card to fund the transaction so he couldn't refund my original transaction as my refund would take upwards of 3 days to clear back to his account. I tried to contact him each day during this time and I could not contact him. He utimately told me that I kept the snakes for more than 24hrs and he would not refund my money!!!

I guess I am truly the dumb-ass in this whole transaction and for a lousy $5.00 that I tried to save him as he overpaid me. Like I said, I'm a legitimate businessman with old world values and I ass-u-me(d) he was a upstanding businessman as well. I didn't expect him to evade me and ultimately tell me to "screw off" because I had the snakes for more than 24 hours.

Perhaps this whole situation is my fault and although many people would call me an idiot for refunding his refund for the sake of saving him $5.00, my character would not allow me to have a man overpay me when there was no reason to.

I created this thread because what I "think" happened is that Mike had time to contact Strictly Reptiles to return the snakes and they told him that he couldn't. I "think" I gave him an "out" by refunding his refund as he had the money BACK on his account. Although I was under the understanding that he would refund using the correct 'refund' link through paypal once the money cleared back to his account, he took this as an opportunity to keep the money and evade me totally.

Once again, my kindness in order to save a man $5.00 cost me $195.00.

Regardless of what happened, I paid for cb and received wc snakes from him. I'm at the mercy of paypal now and I did not expect such a lenghtly dialogue at the onset of my posting. Take this for what it's worth.
The transaction I spoke about above occured on Wednesday 3, 2004.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #23
NEWReptiles
Could you copy and paste the paypal transaction where you refunded the $201?

Old 03-08-2004, 11:52 PM   #24
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by realvenum
Could you copy and paste the paypal transaction where you refunded the $201?
Original payment:
=====================================

Name:
tenille shirlee (The recipient of this payment is Unverified)
Email:
tdsmpj2002@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
-$195.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
Feb. 28, 2004
Time:
14:11:07 PST
Completed

Subject:
3 Female Ball Pythons
Note:
Hi,

Payment for 3 female ball @ $65.00 pythons weighing between 4lbs7oz and 5lbs2ozs. Thank you for the free shipping, I appreciate it greatly.

Shipping Address:

<deleted>
<deleted>
<deleted>
United States
Confirmed

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds and Instant Transfer
Funding Source:
$126.34 USD - PayPal Account
$68.66 USD - <deleted>
(Confirmed) <deleted>
Back Up Funding Source:
<deleted>

His payment to cover the refund
=====================================
This transaction has been refunded
For further details please see transaction 80H14327UX7785833

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Mar. 3, 2004 Payment From tenille shirlee Refunded ... $201.00 USD -$6.13 USD $194.87 USD
Mar. 3, 2004 Refund To tenille shirlee Completed Details -$201.00 USD $6.13 USD -$194.87 USD

Name:
tenille shirlee (The sender of this payment is Unverified)
Email:
tdsmpj2002@yahoo.com
Email Address That Payment Was Sent to:

services@wackedmedia.com

Total Amount:
$201.00 USD
Fee Amount:
-$6.13 USD
Net Amount:
$194.87 USD

Date:
Mar. 3, 2004
Time:
12:47:06 PST
Refunded

Seller Protection Policy:
Ineligible

Subject:
refund for three ball pythons
Note:
will correct your order and them first next time thanks for your order

Shipping Address:

No Address Provided

Payment Type:
Instant

My refund of his payment (not even 30 seconds later as we were on the phone)
=================================

Refund (ID #80H14327UX7785833)
In reference to: 1CJ472421W466205J

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Mar. 3, 2004 Payment From tenille shirlee Refunded Details $201.00 USD -$6.13 USD $194.87 USD
Mar. 3, 2004 Refund To tenille shirlee Completed ... -$201.00 USD $6.13 USD -$194.87 USD

Name:
tenille shirlee
Email:
tdsmpj2002@yahoo.com

Total Amount:
-$201.00 USD
Fee Amount:
$6.13 USD
Net Amount:
-$194.87 USD

Date:
Mar. 3, 2004
Time:
12:49:26 PST
Completed

Old 03-08-2004, 11:54 PM   #25
HerpVenue
Quote:
I didn't expect him to evade me and ultimately tell me to "screw off" because I had the snakes for more than 24 hours.
This is SO ODD to me.
Maybe because english is my second language.

In the e-mail he basically said he is gonna work with you.
Now you are saying he actually tried to refund you.

And yet you tell us he basically told you to 'screw off"?
Someone with better reading skills please splain this to me.

LUUUUCY YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ TO DO.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:58 PM   #26
NEWReptiles
It makes your entire case look alot better, from what I read on the other posts is that you purchased these animals not knowing if they were CB or not.

EVERY time I use paypal for animals over the net, I put ""payment for CB blah blah gauranteed live, healthy and parasite free on arrival. ""

Old 03-09-2004, 12:10 AM   #27
Philly
I'll have to revisit my post on KS to see what I actually said. What I tried to convey over there was that I paid for cb but received wc. I knew they were wc because I phoned Strictly Reptiles as the invoice was in the box with the snakes. They told me the snakes were wc and unsexed. This is when the RED LIGHTS went off and this whole fiasco started.

I will use your method of documenting the paypal purchase for future transactions.

I gave Mike the benefit of the doubt about this transaction because errors do happen and since he tried to refund me by paying $201.00, I had zero reason to distrust him. Like I mentioned before, if you pay me too much when you don't have to, I'll send you your money back and show you how to refund correctly so you won't have to put more money out of your pocket than necessary. The reason he sent $201 was to cover the paypal charges so I'd have $195 after paypal took out their fees. I showed him the proper way to eliminate those fees while saving his $5.00.

He did a complete 180 degree afterwards and could not be reached for the next few days by cell phone or email. I became upset and published my complaint on the Internet and notified him that I was going to press charges against him. He "then" crawled from out under his rock and told me that he wasn't going to pay me as I had the snakes for more than 24hours.

That "deception" is what triggered my post to BOI along with the fact that I now feel that he deliberately sent wc's to me when wc's were NOT what we agreed upon during our multiple phone conversations.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:32 AM   #28
HouseOfSerpents
Totally off the subject but doesn't it bother you that these importers are still shipping snakes around with mites and ticks all over them? I know they deal in volumes but for crying out loud....

Old 03-09-2004, 02:22 PM   #29
thomas davis
well

quote,,Subject:
3 Female Ball Pythons
Note:
Hi,

Payment for 3 female ball @ $65.00 pythons weighing between 4lbs7oz and 5lbs2ozs. Thank you for the free shipping, I appreciate it greatly. ,,end quote

it seems that it was not stated "cb" ball pythons? ?why?
sorry about your deal but really it all looks like mis-communication to me that could have been avoided with better communication on both parts ,but from my point of view i dont see no "bad guy" just a serious lack of comunication,,,,,thomas

Old 03-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #30
Philly
Re: well

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas davis
quote,,Subject:
3 Female Ball Pythons
Note:
Hi,

Payment for 3 female ball @ $65.00 pythons weighing between 4lbs7oz and 5lbs2ozs. Thank you for the free shipping, I appreciate it greatly. ,,end quote

it seems that it was not stated "cb" ball pythons? ?why?
sorry about your deal but really it all looks like mis-communication to me that could have been avoided with better communication on both parts ,but from my point of view i dont see no "bad guy" just a serious lack of comunication,,,,,thomas
There was no miscommunication as we spoke on the phone a few times before I sent him payment. I'm trying to step back and see what's so difficult to understand about what I've presented here. There wasn't any need to enter "captive bred" or "mite/tick/parasite free" or "living animals expected" or anything else you can think of as we spoke about these issues as businessmen on the phone already. The description that you pasted above was for MY records actually just in case I needed to look at the transaction in the future to see what the scenario was. I leave out captive bred by default as that's what I currently deal in but if I were to purchase wild caught, I would most certainly have noted that in the description area.

This issue is dragging itself on and I'd much prefer to end this thread. thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!