Chat room access? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:03 AM   #11
WebSlave
Yeah, these guys seem pretty quick so far at handling support tickets. So the port has been reopened.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:07 AM   #12
Fangthane
Gotta love timely service. Thanks again.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #13
brd7666
I just got in with Internet Explorer, but Firefox would not let me in.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #14
Fangthane
Firefox is my primary browser, and it's been working perfectly fine for me since Rich fixed it last night.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #15
Exoticdreams
I've never been able to use it, I get an error message every time.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoticdreams View Post
You might want to try a different browser if you are using a PC. Honestly I have no idea whether the chat system works on mobile devices or not.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #17
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoticdreams View Post
Can you post a screenshot of your error message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Honestly I have no idea whether the chat system works on mobile devices or not.
Mobile Windows devices should be able to deal with Java well enough to run the chat applet. At least, my Windows tablet had no problems with it. So far, I've yet to find an Android device that will run it.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #18
brd7666
After reading this, I tried to get in Chat with my Motorola Droid Razr, running an Android operating system. When I tried to get in, it said I needed a new browser.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #19
Fangthane
Yeah, Android just doesn't handle Java well enough to run something that's so heavily dependent on it. I've tried on some fairly high-end phones, running the latest Android version, and it's never worked for me. Java scripts are about as much as Android can do, to my knowledge.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #20
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I have asked them to reopen the port, but quite honestly when I have to do an upgrade of the vBulletin software, I will quite likely just drop the chat system completely since no one seems interested in using it any longer. Heck, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone using it. Heck, if the server management guys give me a good reason why I should dump the chat system right now, it will be gone. I won't be able to give even a feeble argument about why it needs to stay.
Almost always shows zero people in chat when I look. I'm sure some still use it and like having it here.

I think I have only been in there twice in the last ten years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!