Make a separate "TRADE" sub forum - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:14 AM   #11
Big Borg Reptiles
I appreciate the advice and am aware that I often become overzealous. Like I said, I am obviously not here to cause problems and am not planning to go spamming forums to make a point. I was simply using it as the basis of an argument for what I considered a potential problem. Again, I thought maybe I wasn't the only one who saw an issue with posting random objects for trade in the specific classifieds, but since you haven't heard anything obviously it has not become a big deal and does not warrant investigation.

You're correct that I'm new, but I'm on this site constantly. I also watch the ball python classifieds constantly, and it was not until recently that I started seeing these sorts of ads going up. Again, it was something that I saw as divergent from what the classifieds are meant to be for (people selling snakes), and thought maybe others had noticed the same trend. If not, obviously I will keep my mouth shut and go about ignoring them :P.

I completely agree that I do not want to create issues with future plans I have for business. It was simply something I saw that to me looked like it belonged on craigslist, and not on a site where professionals come to sell morphs they have potentially worked for years to create. Again, I definitely appreciate your response and advice...and I may be new, but trust me, I've seen what happens to people who 'rock the boat' around here :P

Old 07-08-2014, 01:40 AM   #12
WebSlave
I guess I've learned from hard experience that sometimes the best manner to deal with something I don't like is to just ignore it. Unless it is actively and persistently chewing on my butt, life will still go on without me jumping into the middle of it.

This has probably saved me from many, MANY arguments lately.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:04 AM   #13
hhmoore
I'm not thrilled about the way some people handle their trade ads...but, as long as they make the ad relevant to the category in which it is placed; I don't make that big a deal of it. Realistically, it will likely get more exposure in an animal specific category than in Trading & Bartering, and it could stimulate responses from people that hadn't been thinking about trades; so I understand why people want to cross post.
If I view a person's activity as a problem, I'll contact them or mention it in the thread...some people take it well, and some don't. Tossing back a flip response is a sure way to make sure I start watching more closely; but some people apparently don't consider possible consequences before spouting off.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #14
EmeraldBoid
I like seeing those adds as I browse, funny stuff.

I am considering buying a huge amount of animal crackers and offering it for trade. After that maybe offer my Web design skills...or jolly ranchers.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #15
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
I am considering buying a huge amount of animal crackers and offering it for trade. After that maybe offer my Web design skills...or jolly ranchers.
OK, but you need to understand that that is completely different...

People might actually want jolly ranchers :P

Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #16
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
OK, but you need to understand that that is completely different...

People might actually want jolly ranchers :P
Well I will admit the animal crackers are imperfect...I tried to return them because the camel had no toe, but the manager was all like "rhino you talking about" because another customer was running around the store screaming "cow-a-bunga" carrying a surfboard and distracting everyone. And finally I just left shaking my hand...OH the HUMANA-TEE.

People will totally want websites though...just for the lols if anything.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #17
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
People will totally want websites though...just for the lols if anything.
Yep. You should try running this one. Yeppers, a laugh a minute here....

Old 07-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
Reagan122
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I appreciate the advice and am aware that I often become overzealous. Like I said, I am obviously not here to cause problems and am not planning to go spamming forums to make a point. I was simply using it as the basis of an argument for what I considered a potential problem. Again, I thought maybe I wasn't the only one who saw an issue with posting random objects for trade in the specific classifieds, but since you haven't heard anything obviously it has not become a big deal and does not warrant investigation.

You're correct that I'm new, but I'm on this site constantly. I also watch the ball python classifieds constantly, and it was not until recently that I started seeing these sorts of ads going up. Again, it was something that I saw as divergent from what the classifieds are meant to be for (people selling snakes), and thought maybe others had noticed the same trend. If not, obviously I will keep my mouth shut and go about ignoring them :P.

I completely agree that I do not want to create issues with future plans I have for business. It was simply something I saw that to me looked like it belonged on craigslist, and not on a site where professionals come to sell morphs they have potentially worked for years to create. Again, I definitely appreciate your response and advice...and I may be new, but trust me, I've seen what happens to people who 'rock the boat' around here :P
One of those professionals actually traded me a morph I wanted for a project for my laptop. He got the laptop for his daughter, and both of us are happy with the trade. So raspberries to you.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #19
Shadera
I traded a car for snakes once. Who cares what people are putting up for trade, as long as they're legit and what they're offering is legal?

Seriously, learn to overlook what you don't like. Less waves in the pond when you just float quietly along.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #20
AbsoluteApril
I traded some baby corns for books through fauna, it may sound kind of odd but it was a win-win for both parties. I've also traded caging for video games, one hobby for another.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!