"BEARDED PETS" ... *Inquiry/BUYER BEWARE!!* - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:34 AM   #21
jmartin104
Lucille,

I'm curious then, how does Pay Pal close or suspend accounts at as little as a single complaint? Surely, Pay Pal is just a tad bit larger than KS and their exposure would be considerably more.

I still don't buy it. They could act more positively than they do.

I was a pre-law major in college - eventually changed majors. I don't know everything about the law or even much at all for that matter. Today, law is not black and white, rather gray.

In the end, KS CAN DO MORE. If they choose to do so.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:42 AM   #22
BigTattoo
Pay Pal has to do with monetary transactions and most suspensions/terminations have to do with provable fraud and illegal activity.

This is much more serious than suspected copyright infringement. To accuse someone of that without out proof can be libelous/slanderous.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:04 AM   #23
jmartin104
We can debate this on end. Instead of debating about what's legal, why don't we come up with suggestions for what CAN be done. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

For one, why not let people (in forums) post the link to this site.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:11 AM   #24
BABY GIANTS
Proof...

"Big Tattoo" ... please scroll back up to my earlier post which highlights (in color) the incredible similarities to my very own text. "Bearded Pets" unwittingly changed only a word here or there in each sentence. The lay-put is exactly as I did mine off the side margins etc.
You will ALSO find the URL to the offending ad, including TWO websites which are a DIRECT 100% copy of portions of their text!

Pray tell me this is not enough proof of copyright infringement!

Furthermore, I have received a personal email (as opposed to posts) from someone who does not wish to let "Bearded Pets" know that they have reported them to the FBI.
They wrote to the IFCC, AND sent the complaint to KINGSNAKE.COM two months ago. They heard NOTHING back from either. From the emailed information I received, I understand that both KS & IFCC claim that once a complaint is filed, the person filing the complaint has no right to know what is happening to the complaint file. IFCC will contact the person if further information is required only.

So guess what ....NOTHING was done about it!

This is evident seeing that these idiots are still allowed to sell on KS today!!!

Allison Mason

Old 09-04-2004, 08:45 PM   #25
Ken Harbart
As an aside, Paypal hasn't quite gotten away with the way they handled closing and suspendng accounts. Their exuberance in closing and suspending accounts is now costing them 9.25 million dollars.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:03 PM   #26
BigTattoo
Allison I read your posts and saw the similarities. You now have more evidence and seem unwilling to contribute to the investigation by the IFCC. Perhaps, I don't know, they need more evidence that what has been provided. So because nothing has been done so far, that's excuse enough for you to not report your own evidence?

Please explain how your own lack of action to report this is any different than the lack of action of those you're complaining about.

Instead of replying to me spend the time to compose a report to the IFCC and get this matter into the hands of those that are capable of doing somehting.

As Jay said if you're not part of the solution......

Old 09-05-2004, 04:51 AM   #27
BABY GIANTS
Big Tattoo...

I realise you you do not know me personally. And for that I shall forgive you for insinuating that I am a hypocrite!!

Of course I have already filed my complaint!

When I feel someone has done me an injustice, I stand up for myself. Even it means standing alone.

And when I feel others have a chance to make a difference in what has previously seemed like a 'hopeless' situation, I ask them to join me in filing their claims also.

But you can only ask, and you just have to wait for others to step forward...

Again, this is the place to go to file your complaint: http://www.ifccfbi.gov

I urge anyone to please email me if you don't feel comfortable posting on the BOI.
I have a file # on record with the FBI which allows me to go back and add any further comments, witnesses etc...

I read a number of threads on "Bearded Pets" after doing a search on the BOI. Sounds like a variety of things can be reported to make a real difference to their future existence.
CONTACT ME IF YOU EXPERIENCED ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

~ If any photos used by "Bearded Pets" to sell their animals were actually YOURS, or you were sent images that you know belonged to someone else, either a website or individual.

~ If you have been ripped off by "Bearded Pets" or have proof of an attempted rip-off.

~ If you have proof that "Bearded Pets" have tried to trade under a different name, false location etc...

~ If you have previously filed a complaint to either IFCC or KS about being scammed by "Bearded Pets", and received no answer or follow-up, despite having proof of the scam.

~ If your KS account has ever been suspended or closed as a direct result of complaints you made to them about a shady KS customer/seller.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #28
BigTattoo
Allison my humblest apologies

It was not clear from your posts that you had reported to the IFCC. I hope you get some results.

Sadly sometimes the wheels of justice turn slowly.

BigT

Old 11-15-2004, 08:35 PM   #29
screamdreams
Sorry to bring one of the MANY threads regarding Bearded Pets back to the top - but they are still selling over at KS Now I did a search and AT LEAST SIX (count 'em six) people have said they've been burned and filed complaints through the appropriate channels, so why the hell are they still out there??? I would love to see EVERYONE who has done so to simply reply to this thread.

Old 11-16-2004, 12:37 AM   #30
Chris@TSE
contact these six people, have then send copies of thier complaints to me (they need the # of the report thats sent back to them after filing a claim) and I will GLADLY jointly file them to kingsnake to see them removed. They have told me once this information is compiled, they will be removed. Lets get this information together and get it done..

ANYONE WHO HAS FILED A LEGITIAMTE CLAIM COPY ALL NEEDED DOCUMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE CONFIRMING YOUR CLAIMS AND SEND THEM TO CJOHNSON@TOPSHELFEXOTIC.COM

I will take every single one of these claims and send them to kingsnake in one "package"..... there will be NO excuses then. If they continue to allow them to sell after that we will know where thier priorities lay. Simple enough. Lets get cracking people.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!