!!!BAD GUY!!!! Tampa Bay Exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
bigdogg
!!!BAD GUY!!!! Tampa Bay Exotics

Tampa Bay Exotics or aka RICK LEVEROCK Bad Guy. I made an order threw TBE(Rick) and got a couple Brazilian Rainbow Boa Babies and Green Tree Python Babies. The Green Tree's were guaranteed to eat live unscented Pinks. Well they don't eat. The brazilians did eat but not the GTP. Well I went back and talked to him and he said he would only replace half of the cost of one GTP when I ordered 3. I just want to warn people from buying from him cause he will send you snakes that are suppose to be guaranteed and he will not replace them. SO PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM RICK.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
NathanLedet
I'm assuming he shipped these to you? How long have you had them? could there be a chance that the reason they're not eating is stress related due to shipping?

Old 01-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
bigdogg
Yes sry must of forgot. I got them shipped to Ohio over 3 weeks ago. From Florida. Now He shipped them in some type of deli cup withOUT a perch. I have tried ever kind of feeding. I am not saying all his animals are bad but the GTP were. One out of the 3 has ate. But the other 2 have not. I have tried live, f/t, scented live, scented f/t. Nothing seems to work. His Brazilian Rainbow Boas came in great. All eating f/t no problem. Just the Green Tree Pythons were bad. I don't know if it is how they were shipped or not. It has been a while since they were shipped as GTP can get very stressed so I tried to feed them a week after they were shipped and then the next week. I have been discussing with him if we could get eating GTP but he said the only thing he could do is give me a Free Brazilian Rainbow Boa which is half the cost of a GTP from him. I don't want to have my post meaning he is a totally bad guy but might not know his stuff as to shipping and having some animals.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
NathanLedet
Well you have to realize that you're dealing with animals. Not a non working product. All of the other animals seem to be eating fine for you, he did not send you what you did not ask you for, he did not scam, he did not steal your money. So to deem him a !!!bad guy!!! because a snake is not eating seems a little harsh in my opinion. and it's only been 3 weeks. Patience.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
liquidleaf
I'm not sure about that. He guaranteed them to be "eating". And after 3 weeks of allowing them to calm down, they're still not eating, and he doesn't seem to be willing to honor the guarantee sufficiently.

A guarantee is a guarantee, and if 2 of the 3 are not eating as they were *guaranteed* to be, the seller should do something to remedy the situation, because the buyer doesn't have what was paid for.

Was that guarantee in writing or on the guy's website, or in an email? Hopefully it wasn't verbal, since that counts for pretty much nothing.

If the guarantee was in writing somewhere (do you have your communications? please post them), the seller should offer a refund to the buyer, or two FEEDING gtps. That's how it looks to me, anyway.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
liquidleaf
PS - Nate, to post on the BOI, you need to include your full name (last name included) in your profile, or in each post. Otherwise your posts will get deleted.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
NathanLedet
that's a good and valid point Lauren.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #8
NathanLedet
My username is my first and last name...Nathan Ledet = Nate L if that isn't good enough well then that just bites

Old 01-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #9
liquidleaf
(So.. if Ledet is your last name... it still has to be in your profile or signature.... sorry if that seems redundant but I don't think having it in your username is good enough, though I could be wrong... )

Old 01-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #10
NathanLedet
I want to be certain Lauren, so I PM'ed Rich and asked if it was a violation of the TOS.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

back to what matters.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!