!!!BAD GUY!!!! Tampa Bay Exotics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:00 PM   #21
bigdogg
See me and my brother are the owners of Pro Herps. We are from Maumee, Ohio and we bought these from Rick to resell kinda he is almost a wholesaler but not a big time. These are C.B. Babies from down in Tampa somewhere. I thank everyone for all the help they have gave me though. I just hope I can get them eating or something. So I don't lose out on my money. The whole reason I started this thread is the fact he wouldn't replace them. He expected me to tell him within a week which he just let me know a few days ago. So thanks you all for helping me out

Old 01-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #22
kmurphy
Quote:
!!!BAD GUY!!!! Tampa Bay Exotics
Quote:
Now I also didn't mean to say he is a bad guy. Just couldn't edit it all after it was done. I am just warning people about the GTP from him.
Well, this points out why people should put a little more thought into how they head a BOI thread. Now the originator isn't sure if Tampa Bay Exotics are bad guys but the heading is there to stay.
In less than a month bigdogg has decided these snakes don't eat. Inexperience in my opinion. Do you think the snakes are going to starve in 3 weeks? I have had snakes that didn't eat for several months after I received them. I am going to blame the guy I bought them from? Unless they were sick, if the snake doesn't eat it is my fault - period.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:13 PM   #23
kmurphy
I am (above) should be Am I.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #24
Ed Clark
Very good point Dan, Shipping can shut down a strong feeder. and there is really nothing you can do about it other than wait it out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
It is very difficult to guarantee that an animal will eat once under the care of a different person. We’ve had healthy animals that will stop eating for not apparent reason only to resume several weeks later (although nothing had “apparently” changed in their environment). Subtle environmental changes may trigger a non-feeding mode. More drastic changes such of changing animals to a new environment or house can certainly result in a reptile going off-feed. All a seller can do is guarantee that the animal was feeding for him. This is fairly easy to verify by the buyer as depending on how long ago they were fed they will pass feces in their new location. Once the husbandry practices to which the animal will be subjected are out of his control IMO there’s no way he can guarantee a feeding response.

Regards

Old 01-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #25
bigdogg
Well Like i said maybe I shouldn't have put Bad guy. But I have tried to feed them a week after I received them then said well let them sit in another week and tried again. But nothing. I am not inexpierence all that much. Yes these are some of the first GTP I ever got. They are also 8 weeks old and can't go too long with out food. They will die if they don't eat. Ask anyone. I am not trying to be mean but I guess it jsut all got out of proportion. I am sorry for the inconvience.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #26
Jim O
So these were 5 week old GTP's when he shipped them?

Old 01-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #27
bigdogg
not sure of exact age but i am guessing yes 5-7 week olds. This is what he told me when he shipped.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #28
Jim O
That's kinda young for a chondro to be considered an established feeder even under the best of circumstances.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #29
bigdogg
yeah well they said they had 3-4 meals in them. I said well it is not much but he guaranteed them eating.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #30
Jim O
Reputable breeders will see to it that a chondro hatchling has more than that. Again, JMHO.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!