Bad Guy westernc98@gmail.com - SCAMMER on KS - WESTERN CLAIMS - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #11
ljsreptiles
I received an email from them as well....please also be aware of...

ericajames080@yahoo.com. its the same scam! here is the email I got from this one...

"I will like to buy your reptile and let me know if its availiable for sale,i
will like to let you know that i making payment with money order get back at me
if its ok by you
erica"

It was in regards to my black bloods up for sale on KS. Then comes the email about a $2,000 money from a shipping agent...well, you guys know the rest.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
jayfischerherps
LMAO I don't think hooked on Phonic's even can help this one.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
Big Red
I got the same scam spam from ericajames080@yahoo.com on a group of BP's I had listed on kingsnake. I have heard of these money order scams before... but dose anyone know how they work?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #14
mvite
Yep--

They "accidentally" send you a really good looking fake check for extra. One of them tried to buy a $100 corn snake from me by sending a check from The Trustees of Trinity College in the amount of $1500, asking me to "please kindly refund the overpayment to my shipping agent"--a name they provide later.

Then--someone could send the douche $1400-----and the check bounces later. They are all about pushing really hard and fast once the check is in your possession.

They make the money that would be refunded to their shipper. And you would get stuck with a returned check for $1500.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #15
Big Red
Wow I'm glad I didn't act on it. When I was told I would be sent a check for 2 grand for $900 worth of snakes I knew it was too good to be true and told them I was no longer interested. Man that is such a dick move!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
jayfischerherps
Whom ever this person is we must have ticked them off something fierce!
They are now emailing as james_becky2003@yahoo.com and they sent the exact same message to every one of my ads on K.S.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #17
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfischerherps View Post
Whom ever this person is we must have ticked them off something fierce!
They are now emailing as james_becky2003@yahoo.com and they sent the exact same message to every one of my ads on K.S.
I might have accidentally signed that other email address up for a million newsletters.....

However they are still using the old email address--I just emailed them to see where my money is!

fromMark <mav@gmail.com>
towestern claims <westernc98@gmail.com>

dateWed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:33 AM
subjectRe: Message about: Adult Jungle Carpet Pair - breed this upcoming
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 9:33 AM (3 hours ago) Reply

Hello Fondler-
I have yet to receive your payment. I can't hold the snake much longer without being paid for it.

Thanks

western claims <westernc98@gmail.com>
toMark <mav@gmail.com>

dateWed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 11:57 AM (1 hour ago) Reply

Thanks for the reply i will like you to please forward ASAP your
details,Full name and Address and telephone number for the payment to
be issue to you ,I am counting on your support in concluding this
transaction.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #18
mvite
omwestern claims <westernc98@gmail.com>
toMark <mav@gmail.com>

dateWed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:42 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 12:42 PM (33 minutes ago) Reply

You will receive the payment on friday.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #19
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite View Post
Yep--

They "accidentally" send you a really good looking fake check for extra. One of them tried to buy a $100 corn snake from me by sending a check from The Trustees of Trinity College in the amount of $1500, asking me to "please kindly refund the overpayment to my shipping agent"--a name they provide later.

Then--someone could send the douche $1400-----and the check bounces later. They are all about pushing really hard and fast once the check is in your possession.

They make the money that would be refunded to their shipper. And you would get stuck with a returned check for $1500.
They also use fake money orders. They look so real the bank will initially cash them for you, then by the time it's found to be fake and you get the bill the scammer is long gone with your money.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #20
charleshanklin
I played along with one and got a check made out to George Jefferson. It was a bank of america check and I told the guy I am sorry because I went out and spent all of your money. I'm not even going to say how I spent his money because I will be in big trouble here! LOL This guy actually threatened me with God and tried to put me on a guilt trip. If i remember correctly his email addy was sukkymanman@yahoo.com. I did speak woth him on the phone as well shortly after the money arrived.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
westernc98@gmail.com