Fraudulent emails!!! Please read! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
tundrageckos
Stop! Fraudulent emails!!! Please read!

Hello guys...I know this is supposed to go in to the General Board...but since it is Leopard Gecko related...I wanted to post it here, so everyone is aware of what is happening.

Some people have emailed me to my business email address (sales@tundrageckos.com) showing interest for several females. The way the wanted to pay for the transaction was through a cashiers check that was going to be made for a lot more money than the actual gecko cost (say $3500). They wanted me to receive this check...get the remaining money, and send it back to them.

The way to do that is to "deposit" that check in my account, and send the remaining money in a check...that i would have to make myself with my account $ since the check they send will take a little while to clear...in conclusion, they not only get the geckos, which i dont even want to image what would happen to them, and then...a lot of money. Of course, the check they sent me would be with no funds...and already too late to do anything.

Me and my partner were able to spot several emails, from the same person that was using different email address, but was connecting to the internet with the same unique IP Address.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE OF US.

If you want the IP address of this person to be able to recognize potential fraudulent transactions...or you want the email addresses let me know.

Thank you all.

Old 06-01-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
Snakebyt
this has been going around for quite a while, i remember them trying to get Bob Applegate with that scam about 2 years ago. And they are not only doing it to reptile people, i know several people on a computer related board post about this as well

Old 06-01-2004, 06:23 PM   #3
odatria
Thankfully you got them figured out!

Imagine how many people fall for this scam because they do not have the information they need! Which brings me to the point of my reply. This post needs to be posted on the B.O.I with the name of the scammers in the subject line. Also, you should post every email address they used and the I.P. address so no one else falls victim to these crooks. Im sure you meant well when offering to provide the information via email. However, posting the info in the thread would be practical and time saving for everyone involved.

Old 06-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
Xavier
PEOPLE ARE AMAZING, have they no heart!

Old 06-01-2004, 06:48 PM   #5
Bryan Self
This does not need to go on the BOI. There is a post on page 2 talking about the scam. This is one of the oldest internet scams around. If it gets going at a hard pace again I am sure webslave will sticky it on the BOI. Just remember anything that sound to good to be true is.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
I wonder...

... what would happen if you said, "OK" and had them send the money to you and turned it over to the FBI along with copies of all your email correspondence? You could always ship them a rubber lizard! LOL!!!

Old 06-01-2004, 10:53 PM   #7
riverjop
Yes Marcia! he could send a rubber lizard!.................But wouldn't that be cruel?......come on use your head!

I always have lived by; (like bryan said)
If its to good to be true, it usually isn't!

Old 06-02-2004, 01:06 PM   #8
geckossupreme
Thumbs up Be careful everyone!

David, I'm glad that you are reporting this!! I was checking with you every email that this delinquent send to you. Is incredible how these people lies and trick you to until they still your money.

Be careful everyone! When I read the first email that this guy sends to David, I believe that every trick and every word that was written on that email was an excellent opportunity to sell his best availability. After the 3rd E-mail we figured out how he was trying to fool Tundra Geckos.

David, I’m glad that you are reporting this case.

Your good friend, Christian.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!