corns snakes wanted for sale or trade - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 04:32 AM   #11
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by theReptileBreeder
The guy kept PMing me, my name is mandie but I don't put it online everywhere because not as many people respect girls in the herp business through my experience.
Does not sound that you are very experienced then. Ever heard of Kathy Love, Susan Willis, Connie Hurley, Carol Huddleson or Michelle Heart? It's not what your gender is it's who you are.

Quote:
I've had a business going and I've just started bring it online, still trying to work up a good name for myself (even though it's under the name TheReptileBreeder and not Mandie).
Again it's who you are. You can call your business anything you want, but why you would hide the fact that you are female is deceptive and someone who is deceptive is not someone I would want to deal with.

Quote:
No one has ever had a problem with me, and everyone has been satisfied with their order...It's just annoying someone getting me mixed up with some flaky kid, when I've done nothing to bring that on..
I would hardly say you acted like a reasonable adult when you responded. Your reaction was that more resembling a kid. I would be surprised if you were over 20 years of age. I would be even more surprised if you have bred anything. You original post is more or less requesting a trade for corns for (except the ball python) snakes that sound as if they could be wild caught/collected, or do you breed ball pythons, yellow rat snakes, banded or brown water snakes, black racers, Florida red belly swamp snakes, ribbon snakes and ring neck snakes and are now wanting to expand your "business" into breeding corns as well?

Old 05-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #12
theReptileBreeder
Quote:
Does not sound that you are very experienced then. Ever heard of Kathy Love, Susan Willis, Connie Hurley, Carol Huddleson or Michelle Heart? It's not what your gender is it's who you are.

Again it's who you are. You can call your business anything you want, but why you would hide the fact that you are female is deceptive and someone who is deceptive is not someone I would want to deal with.

I would hardly say you acted like a reasonable adult when you responded. Your reaction was that more resembling a kid. I would be surprised if you were over 20 years of age. I would be even more surprised if you have bred anything. You original post is more or less requesting a trade for corns for (except the ball python) snakes that sound as if they could be wild caught/collected, or do you breed ball pythons, yellow rat snakes, banded or brown water snakes, black racers, Florida red belly swamp snakes, ribbon snakes and ring neck snakes and are now wanting to expand your "business" into breeding corns as well?

Your right it is who I am, you are questioning my age and experience, just as people have questioned my gender in this business. I never denied my gender, all I did is put down the name reptile breeder for mainly myself plus the group of my co-workers. It shouldn't be my age that counts either. Thats a little hypocritical wouldn't you say? As for age goes I have a daughter who is 22. I've bred reptiles since I was a kid, but I did not go onto this site to prove my maturity which is a contradiction in itself. The ball pythons and rats are mine, the other ones are wild caught tame ones that is one of my co-workers, they have been wormed twice. You shouldn't jump to conclusions, I am not trying to breed corns. It's amazing how you can be so quick to judge from just a few words, you don't even know me.

Shipping DHL 2nd day air from FL to MA for a corn snake is 20.25 more or less. People have sold me corn snakes (captive bred) for $15-40. Online it's harder to find ones for $15 because their is a high demand for them.

If it wasn't for the human need to defend ourselves I wouldn't even be posting this, but I'll be the bigger person and not respond to anymore of these posts. I don't want any part of your so called maturity/experience meter.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #13
DAND
Thumbs down

Quote:
Shipping DHL 2nd day air from FL to MA for a corn snake is 20.25 more or less. People have sold me corn snakes (captive bred) for $15-40. Online it's harder to find ones for $15 because their is a high demand for them.
Condoning shipping second day

Your claim that persons have problems with your age or gender will not be your downfall but the above will surly bring you down.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:20 AM   #14
norsmis
COndoning shipping through a carrier that does not allow snakes is even worse...its illegal!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #15
DAND
True!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsmis
COndoning shipping through a carrier that does not allow snakes is even worse...its illegal!!!!!!
I was going to wait for her resonse to enlighten her of that but she did say:

Quote:
I don't want any part of your so called maturity/experience meter.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #16
Cat_72
Quote:
Shipping DHL 2nd day air from FL to MA for a corn snake is 20.25 more or less. People have sold me corn snakes (captive bred) for $15-40.
Wow......shipping 2nd day??? I thought maybe these guys were being a little tough on you until I read that. There isn't a reputable breeder that will ship a snake by second day.

Maybe before you begin calling yourself a "reptile breeder", you should take some time to stop and learn the proper way of taking care of the animals and the business. People not taking you seriously has NOTHING to do with you being female....I am reasonably new to this business, but I have gotten nothing but respect from the good guys and gals here, because I've done my best to learn the RIGHT way to do things, and admit it when I just don't know.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:43 AM   #17
homegrownherps
I count 6 posts by "thereptilebreeder" and not a single post with her? full name. Isn't there something in the TOS that a person is supposed to post their FULL NAME ?

On the warning list is says Failure to post FULL NAME in BOI - Warning Level 1 / Earns 1 warning point.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:49 AM   #18
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
I count 6 posts by "thereptilebreeder" and not a single post with her? full name. Isn't there something in the TOS that a person is supposed to post their FULL NAME ?

On the warning list is says Failure to post FULL NAME in BOI - Warning Level 1 / Earns 1 warning point.
Eh, the key part of that warning is "in BOI", lol. I believe that's the ony place where you must have your full name listed.

Just remembered where I saw this name before.....she was the one wanting people to ship her dead snakes via USPS.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #19
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps

This is not the BOI. This is the Cornsnakes Classifieds.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #20
homegrownherps
sorry ...missed that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread