corns snakes wanted for sale or trade - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #31
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theReptileBreeder
I found out shipping wasn't illegal for lizards but it is for snakes through DHL. I've seen Vinny ship our lizards that way so I though it was alright for snakes, but that is a really good reason not why I am in charge of shipping, thank goodness... Every single person that specifically asks for 2nd day had all their animals arrive to them healthy. If the weather condition was too extreme for the animal or if the animal was too delicate I deny the person 2nd day. Most of my herps are really hardy and it's not too stressful on them. Herps that are imports have to travel more than a day through international to just get here in the first place.
You are right but that is the reason many imports don't make it and arrive here sick and in ill health. I am by no means chastising you for how you conduct your business, but IMHO I would never send animals 2nd day air if it could be avoided. It does cause undo stress for an animal to be closed up in a box for 2 days plus being bounced around and shaken up on a truck or plane, even if the weather is perfect. I am glad to see you researched DHL and found out they don't accept snakes. One of the big breeders, Kathy Love, used DHL for years as she had a contract or agreement with them until recently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread