Bad Guy Kalico Gecko / Jeremy Heikel - Bad Business ; Leopard Geckos - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #11
Shyraii
All images are provided in chronological order

24/25
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #12
Shyraii
All images are provided in chronological order

25/25

-----

At this point, a facebook alert had been posted on a prominent leopard gecko group, which the breeder began commenting on and harassing/cursing at others. He then severed all business with me, blocked me, and left me with no way to contact him. At this point I filed a dispute with paypal.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #13
Shyraii
The following image is taken from the facebook post. As the breeder has blocked me, I am unable to provide screenshots of his replies or his attacks on other breeders, but will work out a way of obtaining screenshots from other users who are not blocked if requested.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #14
Liveforthis
They messed up but mistakes happen and they were willing to pay the shipping back. If it shipped there ok then it can ship back ok. You got the wrong gecko but it still has value, your not out 400$. I don't think you should demand a full refund and get to keep the gecko too. Just send back that gecko just how they sent it to you, get a refund and find a new breeder.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #15
Milesd_87
Ashleigh,
Did you check him on the BOI before purchasing? There's a good guy post in 2015 from a new user. However, the bad guy posts in 2005 are not so flattering.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:06 PM   #16
tlmoon
Seller made the mistake and sent the wrong (much smaller) gecko. He did seem willing to fix the mistake, although it seems like the OP had to point out several times how small the gecko was. It sounds like he tried to put the OP off by saying the gecko was just a slow eater.

OP, you have every right to be frustrated and annoyed. However, the seller did offer some options, and I think he got annoyed when you didn't choose one of them. Mistakes do happen, it's not great but it does happen. It wouldn't be right to keep the gecko AND get a refund. It's also not right for the seller to block you and refuse to work toward a solution.

I don't see where the seller was cursing, is that in one of the screen shots?

Old 08-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #17
Andy_G
From what I have read, in a nutshell, you didn't get what you had agreed upon and he offered a full refund and also offered to pay shipping if the gecko was sent back, and that no refund would be given until the gecko was shipped back? That's not unreasonable. A mistake was made, which responsibility was accepted for and and options were offered...but he shouldn't have shipped that gecko in the first place as it doesn't even meet his own weight minimum. His brother shipping it still falls on him. Bad deal? Yes, definitely. Bad guy? I am not sure about at this point.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #18
elena
The seller has made several mistakes and I suspect he is lying about a few things, but I think it is unreasonable to expect a refund without returning the animal.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #19
Fireballs007
Good evening all. Thank you all for responding. Admittedly this has bot been our greatest hour. We are going through a period of expansion and ultimatly I dropped the ball on this one. Per our policies we offered Ashleigh a full refund and because it was our mistake a free shipping label back to us. At Kalico Gecko we focus on our Customer Service and would like to make her happy but the temper tantrums and name smearing has sort of tied our hands in this situation. The “Cursing” she is referring to is towards a group of individuals that constantly barrate and harrass me. The got words that were fitting of the treatment I received. There has never been anything but compassion in this situation towards Ashleigh but the demands are unreasonable. Its posted on my page that refunds are only given when an animal is returned. Again I appologize that you are upset. Frankly I would be 2. We messed up. But you have been offered what you are going to be offered.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #20
elena
Can one of fauna's more experienced leopard gecko breeders please weigh in as to whether it is safe to ship a 5g animal? It makes a really big difference in this case. I'd say that if it is generally considered unsafe, that the OP deserves a partial refund without returning the animal. However, if 5g hatchlings can be safely shipped, the OP should have to return the animal to receive a refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
leopard geckos