Community Tank - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #1
red.dragon.frog
Red face Community Tank

I have a extra tall exo-terra tank 36” x 18” x 36” -100.98 gallons- that is partially planted and contains earthworms, rolly-pollies -pill bugs-, and springtails. It is a high humidity tank and is always between 70-100% with a temp of around 80*F at the top and 70*F at the bottom -has top heat and uvb/uva-. Misting system is set-up and I occasionally add leaf litter. It has cork board, driftwood, and pecan wood vertical and horizontal. It has been thriving for the past year -plants have grown and bugs/worms have been reproducing well- and I am wanting to add a few amphibians to it.

Ideally I would like to move my adult Red Eye Tree Frogs into it -a group of 4.2- but I'd also like to add something that stays more on the ground area. The soil is nice and moist, but not over saturated. I had thought of a smaller species of salamander -such as a marbled-. I am aware that a salamander would possibly feed on tadpoles, but that is not a big deal to me since I often use some of them as feeders anyway.

My main concern is the two species having enough space and not eating or harming the other. In general I know community tanks are frowned upon and are often unsuccessful. However I would like to attempt it if I can find a somewhat safe species to coexist.

Thank you for any informative input.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!