Off The Ark Exotic Pets INQUIRY - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #51
vferra7777
My fault

Should have know better than to respond. Bye everyone. Please do not post here call me!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #52
vferra7777
My Biosphere Project

This is Vinny Ferraiolo, owner of OFF THE ARK.

I read the remainder of the thread again. It really seems that my world along with me sending kids to RARE EARTH 10 years ago is the problem. Sorry about the extra credit to Rare Earth but I was impressed with them and wanted my students inetrested in that sort of thing to see it. The gilas were extremely cool and have stuck with me since, thanx Greg. I said I was sorry to Andy about that. I honestly didn't know it caused that much of a problem.

About my biosphere project, I asked for help and advice. We never actually made the world. We got some good dynamics but stopped. Instead, we developed a wonderful project through a county grant and a collection of live animals (http://www.sciline.net/project/about.html) that may be used by anyone in the county for free. If they do not want to handle them, myself or Chris (works at the shop) will do it for free. It has really been fun doing all the shows for all sorts of kids. We have done dozens of free shows for more than a thousand kids. most of these kids are from the city and have never seen tarantulas/scorpions, large snakes and the like.

Another side project off of the original idea and the advice I got that we did and are doing RIGHT NOW in class is one to help kids understand populations, ecology, THE WATER CYCLE as well as carbon and nitrogen in MY NEW WORLD (http://www.sciline.net/populations/aquarium.html). This is the information that I got from Fauna. This is the Fauna that I as well as others really miss. Why does my original thread irritate so many of you. I never did what I thought, I asked what do you all think. I got some great stuff. isn't that how we problem solve? That's what I teach my students. Brainstorm with those that more than you and see what you get.

Please go to these links and really see what we are doing and do not base judgements on what you think or heard. And again, any of you all can come by and see me and my store anytime but be open minded.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #53
Serafim
Why should we be "open minded" Vin

Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #54
vferra7777
open Minded

Ha, Ha. Nothing insideous.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM   #55
vferra7777
Please calm down, take a deep breath and really look at the links I provided. these are real projects and derivatives of the original Rare Earth tours that irritated one of you so much. Alot of good came from the evil deed. Just check them out, please, and be open minded. These are real programs that are being utilized by many people in Chesterfield County for good. For good for KIDS!!!! Do knot chec speling, synatx etc. (funny...get it).

Old 10-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #56
Serafim
Vinny I am calm. And nothing on those links is worth another read. People can post in this thread despite your objections. If you would have just left it alone it would have vanished and been long forgotten..

Old 10-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #57
viandy
I will not dodge you or your questions.

Alright, I'll ask a question since you've assured us you won't dodge them. Just calm down, take a deep breath and do not base judgements on what you think or heard. You can always brainstorm with those that more than you and see what you get.
You state that:
I have permits from Fish and Game for everything in my store.

So please, tell me what species that you have these permits for. Well, I won't ask you to list all of them. How about three of the species that you have permits for.
Thank you again,
Andy Via

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!