Possible scam! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-09-2003, 03:07 AM   #71
hyperdermic
I just read the first few posts and YES IT IS A SCAM! I know because my company was involved in this. Basically they get a check from company X through a refund etc., make a fake check made payable to you, you cash it for your "fee", & transfer the balance over seas. Your screwed and they have several thousand that nobody can touch....they are untochable themselves. So if anybody gets an email like this dont do it. It is a scam and you will serve the time will they just do it again.

Kenneth Banks

Old 10-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #72
ms_terese
Stop! New Twist on an Old Scam

Please extend me your sympathy. Apparently, I've recently lost a relative.....

Quote:
Peter Ibru & Co. CHAMBERS
(Solicitors & Advocate)
118c Adeola Adeku Street,
Victoria Island-LAGOS,
NIGERIA.

Hello,

TREAT EXTREMELY URGENT

I am Barrister Peter Ibru, a Solicitor and Personal Attorney to Engr.Carl a national of your country who used to work with Shell Development Company in Nigeria. On the 1st April 2001, my client, his wife and their three children were involved in a ghastly motor accident along Oshodi Apapa Express way Lagos. Unfortunately all the occupants in the vehicle lost their lives. my client was a successful and an accomplished family man, who made enough fortune before his untimely death. Since then I had made several inquiries through your Embassy to locate any of my clients extended relative but this exercise has proved unsuccessful. Although I did not disclose my reasons of enquiry. After several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his relatives through the Internet, to locate any member of his family not much progress was recorded. Coincidentally, I came across your name and to my amazement, you bear a similar surname with my client. By virtue of my closeness to the deceased and his immediate family, I am very much aware of my client financial standing and the bank account he operates. I have reasoned very professionally and I feel it will be legally proper to present you as the next of kin of my deceased client, so that you can be paid the funds left in his bank account, hence I contacted you. I am offering you this opportunity by contacting you to assist in repatriating the money and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Bank where this huge deposits were lodged. The commercial Bank where the Deceased had an Account is valued at about USD$11.5 Million United States Dollars as at last month assessment. The Bank has issued me a notice as the Attorney to the Deceased to provide the Next of Kin or have the Account confiscated within the Next fourteen official working days since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 2 years that I have been searching, I seek your consent to present you as the Next of Kin to the Deceased since you are at an advantage, bearing the same surname and equally from the same country, so that the proceeds of this Bank Account valued at USD$11.5 Million Dollars can be paid to you. We shall both share the funds. 50% to me and 50% to you, I have all the necessary Legal Documents that will be used to back up any claim we may make. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.
Please get in touch with me by email or phone for further details.

Sincerely,
Barrister Peter Ibru.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!