100% Het pied Females for $2k??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-04-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
gmherps
Question 100% Het pied Females for $2k???

Why is nobody jumping on these? If I had the $$ I'd buy'em.

[/quote]
Sorry - I am no longer allowing advertising of ads on someone else's site to be posted here. WebSlave
[/quote]

Greg Holland

Old 10-05-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
Adam Block
Um, because the price is far to high!

This is the first year smaller breeders have really bred pieds in numbers. Many of those are trying to keep the price up much the way DeBeers keeps the price of diamonds up. Examples would be people saying I'll take $18,000 or I'll just keep it.

Because of this the going (selling not asking) price of a female pied is more in the range of $1,500 and they can be had for that price all day long.

Given that number you can buy 0.4 hets for the same price as one pied female. Of course the 0.4 would produce double the number of pieds so it would be a much better money maker. So pied females should either go down to $4,000 or hets up to $3,000 but for now neither will happen so wait another year as the pieds will take their biggest hit price wise in 2004.

BTW male pieds are selling for $6,500-$7,500 despite the asking price of many. Nobody wants to be the first to advertise a price drop.

Old 10-05-2003, 11:00 AM   #3
gmherps
Adam,
This auction is for (2) 100% Het Pied females, not just 1. I didn't realize webslave toof the link off. This guy has had them on there now for over a month. At first he was pre-selling, now he wants to sell his from the personal collection. I just checked and the ad is gone from K***S****.com

Greg Holland

Old 10-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
SPJ
I think that is a great price.
I paid $800 for my 66% female last year.

Old 10-05-2003, 04:04 PM   #5
Adam Block
Yeah you're correct Greg $2,000 would be a great price for two females. I was offered a 1.3 group for $3,000 and turned them down because I didn't feel I could trust the breeder. I had no reason not to but gut feelings told to walk away from the deal so I did. Maybe that's what is happening with that deal?

As you all know, talking about last years prices on morphes is worthless. In some cases like the albino radiata those guys went from $800 to $150 in six months.

Old 10-05-2003, 04:28 PM   #6
gmherps
I know

sometimes that deal is just itching in your pants, and the big BUT hits you like a freighttrain. You always go with your gut is what I say. I've had to pass on A LOT of deals lately, but ya know, I then see another deal that is even better than the 1st. Sometimes it's just better to go to the main breeder(s) and get your herps. It'll cost more $$, but really you have not lost anything.

Greg Holland

Old 10-05-2003, 05:31 PM   #7
Adam Block
Snake deals don't give me an itch in my pants anymore However, I will say when I watch 60 minutes or 20/20 on how these old fools got scammed out of their savings I never really feel bad for em. Greed il' get ya every time and if you let greed make your choices don't come crying to me. If it sounds too good to be true........ you know the story.

The big breeders haven't really been the answer for me. It's the small time personal next door neighbor you can trust kinda guys I like to deal with. Big breeders need the money from snake sales to live. People like John Manser who already have a great business and the income that goes with that and people like John Romeo who is a retired cop that don't do snakes for the money are your best bet as they have little to gain, everything to loose and just enjoy the snakes and the hobby.

That's my two cents, there are honest people out there willing to sell at fair prices. For the most part, I've found better deals from the person breeding a pied male to things then the person with a 100% het male and 2,000 poss. het females.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!