REPTILES PLUS IN FLA THEIVES!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #61
KathyLove
As a long time viewer (but seldom poster) on the BOI, I always laugh when I hear the "I will sue you" line. If I had any doubt about the integrity of the seller, that line always clinches it. It is so amazing that they all use the same line when all else fails! There must be some kind of "bad seller manual" that details the steps, and which order to take them, judging by how we see the same progression, over and over.

Considering how the seller kept emphasizing that the chameleon had to be alive, and the same one, I would be extremely nervous sending it back and relying on his integrity to truthfully report the condition of the lizard upon arrival, as other posters noted as well.

I am always happy to hear of good and bad sellers, especially in Florida, where I am based. I don't keep chameleons, but am always getting asked about reputable places for customers to buy animals I do not sell, or asking about a particular dealer. If I don't have any direct experience, but remember a "good guy" or "bad guy" thread about the person, I like to direct them here to read and judge for themselves. I don't know if you will ever get satisfaction, but at least you will be pretty much guaranteed that the seller will lose far more business from this thread than he made from you. Not a great consolation prize, but better than nothing. 10 years from now, this thread will still be here if anyone wants to search for this seller's name and reputation.

I hope you eventually are able to get it resolved, however unlikely.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #62
hhmoore
Interesting....
Reptiles Plus is now registered and advertising the heck out of this site, but can't be bothered to comment on this thread.
Yo, Vic - cat got your tongue?

Old 08-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #63
hhmoore
Bah - how could I have forgotten those two posts. Forget I mentioned it.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 AM   #64
dondeb562
address and phone number has changed in the past month.......

Old 01-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #65
kat77
Just lost whatever business I may have given him.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #66
Get Sum
Reptiles Plus- New Business

I think you guys (gals) are getting the new Reptiles Plus confused with an old company that may have went by the name Reptiles Plus. The new Reptiles Plus is located in Lake Worth, FL. They are brand new to the reptile community. The store has only been open for a few months. The owners name is Mark. They are good people, and yes they have been advertising alot recently on fauna. It is not fair to them to get them confused with someone completely different. You should do a little more research prior to labeling them as bad people. Look at their adds, there names are listed. They do not match the name of the other so called Reptiles Plus, They even sponsor a local public school reptile club and give great discounts and free feeders to all the kids that are part of the group.

-Jay

Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #67
dondeb562
This boi thread is not for "reptiles plus INC" It is for the other reptiles plus.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #68
kat77
Yes! To clarify, my post was directed toward the Reptiles Plus who screwed Debbie, not Reptiles Plus, Inc. They are totally different companies. Reptiles Plus, Inc. is NOT the company to be avoided.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #69
Reptiles Plus
Just to be clear, so we are not mixed up. I am a completely different company from the guy everyone is talking about. Just wanted to clear that up. I have a retail store that cares only about customer satisfaction! You are more than welcome to come in or give us a call! 561-969-1205.

Thanks!

Matt Bavosa
Reptiles Plus
3091 Lake Worth Rd, Lake Worth FL.

Hope to hear from everyone soon enough!!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #70
hhmoore
How does it happen that there are two businesses with the same name in the same state? When I set up, the name had to be searched to ensure it wasn't already being used. I would think, based upon what I have seen/read, that the rightful "owner" of the name could force the other person to stop using it...and would probably want to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!