Info DEWEY and DEWEY Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
vferra7777
DEWEY and DEWEY Reptiles

I hate coming here but I think everyone should know my experiences. I have ordered from Dewey and Dewey a few btimes before. They have good prices. The first time I ordered, I received my box but was missing a few items that I was charged for. I called them and they resent what I was missing. The next time, the same thing. Each time they were nice and apolagetic and paid the shipping. I held off ordering from them for a while until mid November. I ordered a baby gtp, sand fish, ornate niles, tarantulas, scorpions, cave scorps, chameleons. A typical pet store order.

When I opened the box, there was a dead nile, sand fish, and cave scorp. Two days later we lost the other two niles and two more sand fish. I called and e-mailed and have heard nothing from either of them. I did like talking with them on the phone and I did like the animals that did not die, but I have a feeling I am being blown off. I hope this is not so. I called twice more yesterday and sent two e-mails. I have heard nothing. I wish I could say buy from them or do not buy from them. I am torn as of now. It was about $70 worth of dead animals that I would like refunded. If I hear from them I will post with the outcome. Just my opinion as of now.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
hhmoore
Have you notified them of this thread, so they can respond to it?

Old 11-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
bodaciousboas
Dont worry I know that they are out of town and wont be back until after thanksgiving. They are good people and take care of customers. I have been dealing with andy for a while and every issue that may arise he will take care of. I am sure you will here from them soon enough.
Matt Thomas

Old 11-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
rjarosek
I have had dealings with D&D , one resulting in the wrong animal being represented on an ad. Once they arrived It was obvious. It was an honest mistake and was handled very professionally and to my satisfaction.

I hope your situation is resolved soon I am interested in the outcome. So far I have had only good experiences with D&D.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
fearaffect
I use to like them, but they have done nothing but blow me off lately.....I wont be goin back to them needless to say......

Old 11-26-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
vferra7777
D&D

I have not alerted them. They will not be back until Friday and I hate doing this but I am concerned and sometimes this expidites problem solving. I did state that the animals that arrived and were not sickly were very nice. The gtp was awesome as were the chameleons and others.

I left a message and was informed the scond time they will not be back until Friday (tomorrow). I will talk with them then.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
Auburnreptileco
I have been ordering from D&D for awhile now. They have always taking care of me on any issue I had. The key is communication. They are busy just like all of us. Call them and/or email them again I'm sure they would be willing to help.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
KNOBTAIL
I have had my experience with them as well,

and if anyone is interested, I would prefer to take it privately through my email: fruitflies1@bellsouth.net Let me just say this much, Its rather amazing that everytime there is a problem he is either on vacation, or taking a stroll down 5th ave, etc.... to many problems for a small company... JERRY

Old 11-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
KNOBTAIL
Forgot to mention

" I will make it up on the next order !!!!!! "

Old 11-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
KCRD.com
We use them occasionally for orders in the store. I have had a few problems with animals but nothing more than what I would say the norm is for dealing with a broker/importer. They have always made right on their orders and have never not made things fair. The main reason I don't do a lot of business with them is they for what ever reason have some of the highest shipping rates in the business. I don't know if their account rep with FedEx sucks or what but an average order for me which normally consists of one or two long insulated boxes runs around $125-150 for shipping.

Their animals that do fair well are normally really good animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!