Info Ohiorats.com Rod Surber RatmanRod - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:30 AM   #11
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanrod View Post
Loran i have sold to reputable stores and others for many years with no problems.The last time you called you lied and said you were coming out and never even called to say you weren't.I should sue you for slander.I don't raise much here at all but just store for a couple days tops. i have two other farms you never been to.My guys feed Kent rodent food and organic corn .I have bread here at the house for my chickens and pigs .Don't worry about buying from me fruit cake cause you're never welcome at my farm ever again. Furthermore if you froze the rats that i gassed special for you then that would have killed everything.Thanks for being a backstabber and casting doubt on me.If any of you want references from any of the top breeders i sell to in Ohio ill pass their number to you . Ratmanrod@hotmail.com
Sounds like you are admitting that there were mites.

As for those "top breeders" you sell to, you may want to have them come here and verify your story versus you passing anyone's number to anyone.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:30 AM   #12
ratmanrod
rats

I'm just not going to sell to the public .Cant put a price on aggravation .Im good .

Old 02-10-2010, 04:32 AM   #13
ratmanrod
rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowboaman View Post
Luanne,
You make this statement yet say you have purchased from him at least twice? Even after knowing what he feds them, you still felt ok to feed them to your snakes? The way this thread sounds, it seems like you have either had a falling out with him or he upset you in some way.
you are very smart to see threw her bull crap.I think she must be board.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #14
ratmanrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Sounds like you are admitting that there were mites.

As for those "top breeders" you sell to, you may want to have them come here and verify your story versus you passing anyone's number to anyone.
your just a stick string a bucket of turds sounds like to me.lol

Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanrod View Post
your just a stick string a bucket of turds sounds like to me.lol
They are all words in English but ....

Old 02-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #16
jsmi983
Since you posted Rod and opened the door, then I feel the need to respond. Number one, I offered a heads up to information that I had from my own experience and from what you had told my husband and me while we were at your place. It doesn't matter if mites get killed being frozen because the rats are exposed to disease and anemia brought on by mites which I would NOT consider to be healthy rats. Not to mention the live gerbils we bought that also had mites. Number 2...We SAW your supposed area where these rats are there for the so called few days tops, you say they were, and they were in dirty bedding, bread and crap over 3 inches deep etc. Oh and Mr. Bilby, yes I have been to other rat breeders but they had clean bedding and the smell was minimal. There were also mommas feeding babies, pinkies etc... If you have another place you keep them, could you not provide a cleaner more sanitary area at your place in which these mommas and babies could live? Also, you had told my husband and me that you struck a deal with the bread dealer and I asked what you fed your rats and that's when you told me about her,the bread you feed and the occasional eggs from your chickens. My husband was there. Number 3...I never called you any names since this is an ADULT board where people can speak freely about their experiences. Those experiences were by my husband and me. It was offered only as a heads up to our own dealings and the quality of your product. People are always free to make their own decisions and rate the quality according to their standards.

So, I made my statements based on my experience, what I saw, what I received, what I ended up having to throw away and it was also observed by my husband who is NOT a snake person, but understands animals in many ways. This was not accusatory, nor was there any name calling such as fruit cake, on the contrary, I actually said you were a nice fellow but your rats were not up to a high quality. Either way, I stated what needed to be stated and am not going to get into a pissing contest like on a child's playground. It's a heads up... Thanks!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:19 AM   #17
ratmanrod
I got nothing to hide .MY ADDRESS IS ON MY WEB SITE.I know those girbls sucked i got those from a store that was closing after there roof caved in.They gave me all those with tanks you came out a few days after i got them.I had know idea they had mites.Barn all cleaned problems solved .Girbls gone. .I wish you just told me not broadcast it all over the internet.Look up www.ohiorats.com AND THIS this stupid THREAD COMES UP.Or Rod Surber It is what it is . I am not raising rats any more and just pull out of a very nice clean barn that raise for me as i dont have the time to do it all.You did lie to me and said you was coming out and never called other wise.. So toot your horn bla bla bla

Old 07-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #18
Ratman40
Rod Surber Ohio Rats!
Just wanted to change a bad guy thread to a good guy thread. Just went back to Rod's and got about 80-100+ live rats and mice. All of the rats/mice were very clean, no mites at all and very healthy! My snakes just adored them! LOL He's a very outgoing friendly guy and extremely reasonable even after the disagreement over past purchases and a bad guy BOI thread. I will continue to purchase my rats and mice from him and any other reptile food from him. (He now has mealworms, waxworms, superworms!) If anyone in the southwestern Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky needs prey, Rod's your guy!

Serpent Ridge Exotics and Rescue
"Where reptiles are family, not possessions!"

Old 07-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
Dbz4246
Aren't these last two posts from the same guy this thread is about, or am I missing something?

Please, correct me if I am wrong...

Old 07-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
April Homich
The second is a quote from the OP, though with no info about where that was posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!