Bad Guy Off The Ark Exotics - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #71
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferra7777 View Post
I talked with Jessica when the problems first arose. I apologised and I tried to explain to her that mites sometimes happen especially when dealing with many animals and people who come in and want to hold everything. It happens that is why we quarantine. I asked her to let the boa shed out before worrying too much about the scale rot and to stop using the white light. When you called claiming that 5 scales is a male, that's when I lost patience myself and blew up.

You guys are crucifying me because I asked her to have patience, then I really got fed up a few weeks ago and blew up online, sorry. It gets frustrating when everyone is beating you down. Sorry Jessica. How is the boa doing? Still neating? Has she shed?

Pleas call the shop and we will work this out. I have been on this side of the fence too. School starts today so I will not be there until 3 pm.
Well.....Maybe you could have avoided this had you been upfront about the snake..It sounds like from other reports you are kinda shady,so we wont beat that horse..Maybe you should just take the time to think about you should let the customer know before hand what they are really purchasing...I would have been upset as well..There is no reason to not be upfront and honest...

Old 08-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #72
vferra7777
Boa

I would have but I didn't notice any problems when I shipped. She was a female, eating and behaving fine. I knew she was moist from her location but it is not a big deal. It would have shed out right away. i spray all the bags etc with anti mite spray and send them on their way. Some still sneak through. Otherwise she sounds like she is doing pretty well.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #73
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferra7777 View Post
I would have but I didn't notice any problems when I shipped. She was a female, eating and behaving fine. I knew she was moist from her location but it is not a big deal. It would have shed out right away. i spray all the bags etc with anti mite spray and send them on their way. Some still sneak through. Otherwise she sounds like she is doing pretty well.
Not sure how you didnt notice it...Even if its not a major problem, the customer still should have been told about it...If your spraying the bags with a mite spray then it sounds like you have a problem..Is that even ok to do??..

Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #74
ShadowAceD
Vinnie,

No one is crucifying (poor word choice) you for asking her to have patience. People are upset with you for sending someone a snake that has problems you think are a minor inconvenience and nothing more. Perhaps if she had paid a low price for a crap animal it would not be an issue, but that is not what happened, is it?

You knowingly sent the animal out with scale rot because you figure it is not a big deal. Then, when the customer informed you the animal had mites (which you sprayed the bag for ... which is an odd practice if you do not have a mite problem), you told her to go spend her own money and get it fixed because, again, it was not a big deal. I am not going to bother with going back through this thread to put up all the things you did wrong, again.

You still need to fix this situation. But it won't fix your reputation. That is something you will have to work for. You should start by sterilizing your facility of an apparent mite issue and by making sure animals do not leave your facility sick.

She still deserves a refund. So, if you are wanting her to call you to work things out, you better think long and hard on what it is exactly you are going to do for her.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #75
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Vinnie,

No one is crucifying (poor word choice) you for asking her to have patience. People are upset with you for sending someone a snake that has problems you think are a minor inconvenience and nothing more. Perhaps if she had paid a low price for a crap animal it would not be an issue, but that is not what happened, is it?

You knowingly sent the animal out with scale rot because you figure it is not a big deal. Then, when the customer informed you the animal had mites (which you sprayed the bag for ... which is an odd practice if you do not have a mite problem), you told her to go spend her own money and get it fixed because, again, it was not a big deal. I am not going to bother with going back through this thread to put up all the things you did wrong, again.

You still need to fix this situation. But it won't fix your reputation. That is something you will have to work for. You should start by sterilizing your facility of an apparent mite issue and by making sure animals do not leave your facility sick.

She still deserves a refund. So, if you are wanting her to call you to work things out, you better think long and hard on what it is exactly you are going to do for her.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #76
Steveboos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Vinnie,

Yes, this exactly!!! Great post!

Old 09-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #77
shedyourfears
Vinny refunded $150 out of the $400 I paid for the snake.

I emailed him after I saw his post about working things out.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #78
Utta
Glad he did something.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #79
Steveboos
Thats what i like to hear, unfortunate it came to such extremes, hopefully he can improve his business ethics and get back to doing the right thing! Glad to hear you got some partial refund, hows the snake doing?

Old 09-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #80
rcpreis3
either way it sounds like not only do i want to avoid purdue for a biology degree, i also want to avoid hiring kids who were taught by him if i ever get my own shop running. plus i dont accept sub par animals. absolutely period. had i purchased a snake in this condition, it woulda been sent back for a full refund the day after i got it. im glad there has been so many links about him and all the information. i was pondering ordering some supplies from off the ark, but i dont want to support a person who treats his cutomers/animals as such

vinnie, please learn how to treat a customer, i mean im a manager at a pizza place, and even I kno if a customer is unhappy with there pie they get a new one, a discount for future orders, or their money back. with out having to go through all this shenanighans.

I LOVE BOI!

Jessica im glad he finally did sumthin but sorry to hear u had to deal with this just to get justified. plz raise that boa up so at least I can hear of ONE survival story from this shop/flipper

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!