Chuck Tornetta - Big trade deal gone south - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:27 AM   #11
kim felts
i hate to add fuel to the fire but this thread cracks me up.

Old 09-16-2003, 10:07 AM   #12
Rob @ RK Reptiles
You know I could see you getting upset if you had made an even trade deal on the amount he said the animals were worth(which you did not), if you knew what you were talking about on the animals and just not pulling at straws, 3 if he really did mis-represent the animals (which it does not seem to me). In fact you received a pretty darn good deal for your trade. You had an animal that was being sold for $7500. Well he gave you $9,000-$12,000 in animals for that animal. Whether or not you sold the animals for $12,000 you still are making out very well. If you had held onto the female boa, and done a little more research you very well could have sold her for $2500 like he said she was worth. hmmmm that would put you pretty darn close to the price he said the animals were worth. In my opinion you should never have posted on here as he has not been shown a bad buy in any form or fashion. He has been shown that he gave you a awesome trade and your just complaining.

Old 09-16-2003, 10:09 AM   #13
Classic Dum's
Rich thanks for the info on the blizzards. I dont know if Chucks Anery would be considered a type two anery or not, I do know it is a wild caught Anery the snow came from. I have one of his baby anery poss hets snows right here. I have only seen a few pics of type twos and this is very similar from what I can tell. I do know several other breeders in the east looked at that boa and agreed it was a possible snow due to how white it was and the lack of yellow in the animal. Most snows yellow up as adults. You posted this did you even notify Chuck about this?

Old 09-16-2003, 10:45 AM   #14
Darin Chappell
Dallas,

So, you didn't get the response you were looking for, and that makes the BOI bad? It couldn't be that you're just wrong about this, now could it???

You said that the value of the snakes were not what you were expecting. Ok. Two things:

First, the value of the snakes according to Chuck and the value of the snakes according to you are completely different, but those are subjective numbers to begin with, so it doesn't make a bit of difference. All of my cornsnake hatchlings are worth $1,000,000 right up until I sell them for $50! You say that you only got about 9K for your $7,500 snake. Well, ignoring the obvious "what are you complaining about" factor, what proof do you have that YOUR snake was actually worth that much?!? Is it not the case, that Chuck may believe that YOU overestimated the price of your animal too? After all, we all ask for as much as we can for our snakes, don't we?

Second, if you were that upset with the perceived value of the animals you got from Chuck, why didn't you just trade back immediately? After all, you could have then sold your animal for the $7,500 you were asking for it (because we all always get what we're asking, right???), and Chuck would have had his animals still. Why come here and attack someone of a question of perceptions? Why not just trade back and be done with it? Oh yeah, because then you'd be out the $1500+ you MADE off of this deal . . .that's why!

If you were that unsure about the whole thing, you should have met him face to face for the trade; you should have made him ship first, since he initiated the trade; you should have done SOMETHING to protect your interests. If you weren't unsure about the deal, well, I guess you will be next time someone offers you something "unbelievable."

I don't think you got ripped off, but you built this up in your mind so that you really couldn't be satisfied. So, now you're not, but you didn't do anything to protect yourself or to rectify the situation after the transaction took place. Then you attack the BOI when a few try to tell you this? Hard to feel sorry for ya, Man!

Old 09-16-2003, 11:03 AM   #15
herpetological
Anything I would have to say on this has been said. You still got more than what you wanted for the deal in cash. It comes down to supply and demand. Anyone can name their price. Unless the animals were completely misrepresented which it seems they weren't , i'd just take the deal and be happy with it. Also, if it was only 6 hours I would have drove the entire distance for that kind of money. Thanks Ray HBR

Old 09-16-2003, 11:05 AM   #16
Greg Riso
I Told You So

Dallas, You know I was ready and willing to buy that gorgeous pair of yours but you told me the deal was already done only a short while after you posted them. I told you they belonged in Patriot country!
I hear what you're saying about Chuck saying the animals were one thing and you feeling you didn't get what was described but personally I think you did pretty good. Perhaps next time you should have some kind of clause that if both parties aren't satisfied with a trade deal you'd have a certain amount of time to reverse it. IMHO I would have never sold that pair in the first place with breeding season right around the corner. Their offsping would be living gold. It's a shame you didn't keep them but that's not what this thread is about.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:46 AM   #17
chuck tornetta reptiles
Dallas Quarles ACCUSATION TO Chuck Tornetta

First of all , Thank you to everyove who see`s through this guys silly threads , and those who came to my defence.
EVERYTHING dALLAS SAID IS ALMOST TRUE. WE did make that insane deal . i did send him 12,500.00 worth of animals for his 7,500.00 worth of retail trade . A sharp strain female adult and an adult heterozygous male that i sold him previously for 1500.00.
THIS WAS A RETAIL TO RETAIL TRADE ACROSS THE BOARD.
And in his favor might i ad.
BUT the part about me being the scam artist , is as far off the mark as it could be . I have bent over backwards to make this deal go through and i am very ,very fair with any of my customers .
I WASNT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BUT ..............
THIS GUY HAS A LOT OF NERVE, He sent me that albino sharp adult with a mild resporatory infection, that has gotten to the point that i could not even sell her with a clear mind.
and ( IMAGINE THIS DALLAS FORGOT TO TELL ME ABOUT IT ).LOL
YES I DID POST ONE BUT NOT HER . I HAVE A FEW ADULT FEMALE SHARPS.
Besides the small resp she came in with . she has not fed on anything since i had her . even days after a shed . so she is not worth what i paid at all . but was i complaining ( NO )!!!!!!!
I have a vet appointment and thats fine.
the male het came in thin but he has since eaten like a pig. and is bulking up. I Should also ad that i called dallas the same day i recieved them and told him that the female was wheezing when i pulled her out of the bag and he said ( she wasnt doing that here ),lol just as i figured he would. lol. then i noticed her blowing small snot bubbles from her mouth.
HAVING SAID THAT AND GETTING THAT OFF OF MY MIND ID LIKE TO ADDRESS THE VALUE ISSUES DALLAS HAS.
We traded my retail 12,500.00 for his retail of 7,500.00 witch was stupid of me but i had to have these sharps.lol.
he is trying to DUMP my animals wholesale! of course wholesale is lower than retail. if i tried to sell the sharps wholesale it would be 6,000.00 for the pair rite. ITS NOT MY JOB TO SELL THE ANIMALS FOR HIM IS IT. OUR DEAL WAS DONE WHEN WE SHIPPED.
NOW IM NOT BASHING DALLAS AT ALL , I JUST THAUGHT THE FACTS SHOULD BE POSTED. Im not going to keep this going back and forth , everyone can now see this for what it is . its a shame it has come to this
Iwould further like to help dallas , by saying pictures of coral albinos in direct sunlight wash out there coral colors and to take his pics at dusk, to better show the colors . As well if anyone thinking of purchasing my animals from dallas would like to contact me for verification , id be glad to. Good luck in the future Dallas , I WONT BE POSTING ANYMORE ABOUT THIS ISSUE.
Chuck Tornetta Reptiles www.boadome.com

Old 09-16-2003, 01:28 PM   #18
dqreps
Now, i have to post, one last time.

Since you graced us with your presence Chuck, i decided to reply to your jumbled up post. No matter what anyone here says. The animal i got from you IS NOT a coral. How can you all say it is when you have not seen it? How do you guys know what i recieved? Ok then, guessing is what you do and it is not based on fact.

I was not implying i got a bad deal cash wise BUT it was not the deal i was informed of. Like i said, it was a normal and i lost a big chunk on that and that has nothing to do with what i sold it for. A normal albino does not stack up to a coral albino right? This is fact that it is not an albino. Someone says they were not able to tell until the animal was older, well, that is you? Are you an expert? No. But i DO know some experts as far as these corals go because these guys beed them.

Second, how do any of you condone the price on the snow $6500? They go for $5500. Regardless of that, are you guys blind? Charles LIED to me as backed up by Jeremy Stone. Jeremy said Charles was full of it and did not offer him $6500. You notice Chucky did not delve into that issue along with many others. All the sudden i come on hear to warn people when animals were misrepresnted etc and you completely disregard the facts.

One, the accumulated value that i now have 9k, is not what i was promised. Negative 1k on an overcharged snow that jeremy stone priced, NOT. Two, an albino that was supposed to be coral and is not as backed up by a few people that pointed it out to me when i placed the add, people who have a vested interested in these animals and know them better than any of you. So, it still does not total up to over 12k, no matter how you cut it.

Now, Chuck, the 7ft albino female you had up for sale before WAS THE ONE YOU BOUGHT FROM ME! I printed it off so i have proof buddy. I know my animal. I have pics on my site of her and that snake was the exact same one. You can tell by the makings and color, easy. This is the same animal and dont deny it. You had it up for sale a week after you bought it to make a load of cash. That is fine but if it had a resp infection, why did you post it up for sale? I know you guys love to tear me apart on here but please understand that Chuck was trying to sell the same exact animal that i sold him and then says it had a resp infection when he recieved it. Thats bull, if this was the case, he would have informed me right off the bat. Even disgarding that, i have a copy of the animal he posted and can prove it is mine. So that right there proves he is a liar once again.

And Darin, i DID contact Chuck about all this but CHUCK has blocked my email. Once he recieved my email concerning all this stuff, he did not answer and blocked me. I found this out when i emailed him again later and it was sent back to me and i was informed the person blocked my email. SEE? I tried to discuss this with him. Also, Chuck would not have sent my animals back and vise verca just because the albino was not a coral or because he over charged me a grand on the snow etc. Chuck is not like that, only if an animal was sick etc would have done the trade back. He has told me that it is not enough to not like the animals etc, something has to be wrong with them health wise.

Anyway, i was not gonna post the here again in the first place but when Chuck replied, i had to set things straight. Please people, remember one thing. I was not complaining about the value of the animals i got as far as compared to what i wanted for my animals. It is not that, i just feel someone should not lie about what they are sending me. Sending an albino instead of a coral. Then the snow, overcharged 1k for something it is not. Saying a big name like jeremy stone says it is this and that and worth so much, just to find Chuck lied on the value of the snow. Dont any of you guys understand at all why i would be a bit bothered? Well, i cant blame anyone for their ignorrance. It is human nature to want confict and to resist the truth in something when you can argue and insult instead. I will not post again unless Chuck does and if he does i will post all the emails where he continually told me Jeremy Stone wanted the male snwo for $6500, the price chuck said he could sell it to jeremy for to by my sharps if he had to, right. Also, if Chuck decides to contribute some more, i will post his add on kingsnake he had, the pic of the snake that i sold him that he was selling for 10k. I have it saved and i will post it in a heart beat of Chuck would like. Remember, this is the same snake that had a resp infection, the same one Chuck was selling on Kingsnake.com.

Peace,
Dallas Quarles

Old 09-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #19
dqreps
To Darin

Quote:
Originally posted by Darin Chappell
Dallas,
First, the value of the snakes according to Chuck and the value of the snakes according to you are completely different, but those are subjective numbers to begin with, so it doesn't make a bit of difference. All of my cornsnake hatchlings are worth $1,000,000 right up until I sell them for $50! You say that you only got about 9K for your $7,500 snake. Well, ignoring the obvious "what are you complaining about" factor, what proof do you have that YOUR snake was actually worth that much?!? Is it not the case, that Chuck may believe that YOU overestimated the price of your animal too? After all, we all ask for as much as we can for our snakes, don't we?
You words above. Dont really make sense. First, my animals that i sold for $7500 was a fair price. Why? Because females SS albinos go for a cool 6k. That is just fact, and you can ask more if you want to be greedy, and people will pay, i am NOT greedy. I just wanted what i was supposed to get, i believe thats fair. 6ft male hets are $1500, chuck knows this as this animal came for him. So Darin, no one can argue what I sold my animals for because it is a fair market price. You know how i know, i had about 8 or so other people emailing and calling me for them and now i wish i did a cash deal them. I could have avoided being lied to and taken advantage of. For instance, Greg Riso emailed me and wanted to buy them but Chuck beat him to it. Many other people you guys probably know also emailed me about them and wanted them. Point being, it was a fair market price. Is $6500 the going market price for a snow? Nope, $5500. Chuck said it was a poss blizzard as stated by jeremy stone and that was a lie, we all that that straight right? So this means it is a $5500 animal, not a 6k animal. Then we come to the normal albino female. She is NOT a coral as told by a few that deal with these animals and actually know what they are talking about. So, the value of $2500 is slightly high for a normal albino. I just wanted to educate you a little on how this works Darin. I do a lot of biz and try to charge a fair market price. That is what i call honor and NOT being greedy. However, if a person flashes a so called great deal in my face to entise me into a trade, it is not greed that lead me to it but a person making what i thought was a very good offer vs cash. Otherwise the greedy side would have chose cash. Anyway, i wont be posting or reading at all unless i see Chuck is posting. I will then post what i must to disprove his little thereories.

Dallas Quarles

Old 09-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #20
HerpVenue
Quote:
Someone says they were not able to tell until the animal was older, well, that is you? Are you an expert? No. But i DO know some experts as far as these corals go because these guys beed them.
1. A LOT of corrals do not get their collor until they are older. This is FACT. You do not need to be an expert to know this. Can you name these experts?
Can you have these experts e-mail or post that corrals have their colors from birth? can you have these experts say I am wrong? can you have these experts say SOME corrals do not get their color until they are SEVERAL months old?

Quote:
Second, how do any of you condone the price on the snow $6500? They go for $5500.
Okay okay here you go. Chuck.....shame on you. Shame on you for having such high prices. you are a bad bad man because of your high prices. <---sarcasm if you missed it.
by the way...you ask how we can condone the high price?
1. he can price it at whatever he wants
2. YOU were the one who agreed to the trade.....not us

Quote:
Two, an albino that was supposed to be coral and is not as backed up by a few people that pointed it out to me when i placed the add, people who have a vested interested in these animals and know them better than any of you. So, it still does not total up to over 12k, no matter how you cut it.
i would be interested to see these names

Quote:
Now, Chuck, the 7ft albino female you had up for sale before WAS THE ONE YOU BOUGHT FROM ME! I printed it off so i have proof buddy. I know my animal. I have pics on my site of her and that snake was the exact same one. You can tell by the makings and color, easy. This is the same animal and dont deny it. You had it up for sale a week after you bought it to make a load of cash.
I would love to see the pictures and or the ad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!