Chuck Tornetta - Big trade deal gone south - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2003, 12:12 PM   #71
HerpVenue
Quote:
0.2 2003 66% possible DH for snow boas for Sale or TRADE!
MAINE
Posted by Dallas Quarles Reptiles (Contact Me!) on September 17, 2003 at 00:46:06
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2002-09-10

I have these two female 66% possible het for snow boas for sale, born 2003. These animals were produced by Chuck Tornetta from a DH for Snow X DH for Snow breeding. These females look almost anerytheristic and acquiring both, you have a very good shot at producing SNOWS. This is a real inexpensive way of making very much profit. Chuck amd myself will both verify the possible genetics of these animals. I am selling them for $400 shipped to your door OR $500 in trade value. I would be interested in exceptional "Normal" BCI in trade along with cash if needed. I except cashiers checks and paypal only. Please check out my picturetrail site below of pics and call or email me for info.

Thanks,
Dallas Quarles Reptiles

Home - 207-947-9233
Cell - 207-299-5303
here is the new ad for the 66%.
as you can see it has been edited. It no longer says that the going price for these are $500. So it now makes it look like I edited his other ad that he had.

But I also find it interesting. he is selling some of his animals because he is moving to Florida. (at least that is what it says on his snow ad)

If he is moving and needs the cash (in his snow ad)
Why is he trading these out?

nothing much....just little things that does not make sense

Old 09-17-2003, 12:16 PM   #72
Classic Dum's
I have to ask this of Rich(webslave) is there anyway the header of this can be changed? Its doesnt comply with the rules and I think its be proven beyond any doubt whats really going on here that Dallas is one of those people no matter what will never be happy with anything. I dont think chuck deserves the have the "scam artist" label next to his name at all. I know doing that would open up a can of worms but the fact is not everyone is going to open and read 7 pages of this stuff and the header does not comply with rules already set. Just a thought

Old 09-17-2003, 12:19 PM   #73
Darin Chappell
Another thing, Dallas . . .

Why is it that Chuck is a scam artist, who cannot be trusted, here on the BOI, but in your ad, you clearly say:

"Chuck amd myself will both verify the possible genetics of these animals."

So, Chuck is a scamming, lying, misrepresenting breeder of inferior animals right up until you need him to back up your claim of "possible" genetics? Classic.

Old 09-17-2003, 12:31 PM   #74
HerpVenue
Jason

Some answers

1. yeah I agree the header is WAAY misleading considering the guy is happy with his deal until he started trying to make a quick buck

2. The e-mail in the first post is Dated August 30 2003 Saturday.
It was an e-mail to finalize the deal
the earliest ad I could find was dated September 9 2003 Teusday.

he since has sold some animals.

Then poof September 15 he posted this thread.

So 6 days after he puts up his "I need to make a quick buck" ads...He comes here to complain that he did not make enough money.

He is convinced that the coral was not a coral. But he puts in his ad that it could be one.

He is so convinced that the blizzard is not a blizzard. But he puts in his ad that it could be.

Meanwhile he wants us to check the photos of his coral....which is obviously faked. (ORANGE NEWSPAPER)

But he does not realize I have already checked out his photos before he posted....So I saw the pictures of the albino on the normal colored newspaper. Which has since been deleted BY HIM

I find it odd. He sold his sharp strain and is now looking for another one.
makes me think.....maybe it is true what chuck says. That it was sick.
Now Dallas is trying to buy a healthier one

Old 09-17-2003, 12:45 PM   #75
HerpVenue
Quote:
Posted by Dalas on Septemer 16 at 01:48 am
What was Jeremy Stones? He said that Chuck was full of it, NONE of it was true. Jeremy did like the animal because it was very white but was not going to buy the animal from Chuck but trade for it. Not $6500 dollars! So, we all know that this animal goes for $5500. Now, that means that Chuck misrepresented the animal, stating that it was possibly something that it was not.
Posted by Dallas on Kingsnake classified on September 17 2003
at 00:44:46

Anyway, who knows if it will prove to be a Blizzard boa, only time will tell

He is insinuating it could be a poss blizzard.

Quote:
Posted by Dallas on September 17 2003 on fauna at 01:38
And on the snow add, i DID put that it was said to be a possible BLIZZARD. I JUST found out that Chuck lied to me and this is not the case. I THOUGHT i deleted those adds but i guess i did not, i will take care of it right away. I will make the necassary changes so people like you dont have to point it out. Actually, it should not matter, you said it is ok that Chuck lied about the poss blizzard thing, right? SO, Chuck did lie to me about the poss blizzard and i DO have a right to be upset about it ok.

1. he says the Blizzard boa is NOT a blizzard boa. And it was misrepresented by chuck. That was yesterday. And he has jeremy Stone as a witness. He also states he does not know what in the world a blizzard boa is. But he is sure this boa is not a blizzard.

2. first thing this morning he puts an add up saying it was a possible blizzard.

3. Shortly after putting the ad up.....he comes here to say he just found out he was lied to and that it was not a blizzard.

anyone having a hard time with that time line?
let me try again

1. He is convinced it is not a blizzard.
2. he puts an ad up saying it could be a blizzard.
3. Then comes here to say he just found out it was not a blizzard

Old 09-17-2003, 01:43 PM   #76
Classic Dum's
I am just wondering if rich can put something like "not happy with my trade" or something to that effect. I know someimtes I come here and dont have that much time. Ill scroll looking for threads I have posted in. in the mean time till I find those threads if I scroll past "Joe blow scammed me, heres why" and Joe Blow is a familiar name to me. I may not have time to read it and wont even open the thread but Ill just kind of make a mental note. "Joe blow ripped someone off" Maybe its not fair to Joe because I havnt read the entire thread but that mental note will sit in the back of my mind till I see him adveretise something I like. Now if its something I really really want Ill look up the thread and see what is going on. If its something I like but dont really need I may just pass because I dont have the time to look up the thread. However had it not been for that thread I proablly would have bought the animal, so now in this case Joe just lost a sale because of a bogus thread. Now is that fair to Joe NO! But thats just the way it is. Sometimes I just dont have time to dig and find the facts. I just pass on it becase its to much work for me find out what was really going on. Thats not out of laziness its just simply due to time restraints I have. Unless its a thread like this, someone I know I dont post here much anymore nor do I post much in the ksnake boa forum much anymore and I used to spend large amounts of time in both, I just dont have the time. I know I am not the only one who makes mental notes such as that and its just not Fair to Chuck. 1 the header does not comply with the rules of the site 2 proven over and over again this whole thread is bull.

Old 09-17-2003, 01:48 PM   #77
WebSlave
I agree about the edit of the topic line being appropriate. Matter of fact, I have just added this as a rule within the rules page for posting on the BOI.

For the record, I am changing the following:

Chuck Tornetta = SCAM ARTIST!

to:

Chuck Tornetta - trade dispute on Coral Albino Boa.

If someone can think of something more appropriate, then let me know privately rather than kicking off a discussion in this thread about it.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:24 PM   #78
SPJ
I have spoken with Chuck both on the phone and thru emails. He seems like an honest person who cares about his animals. He even invited me to come down and see all his animals first hand. I never got the impression he would not be trustworthy to deal with.

Dallas, you on the other hand are placing decietful adds on KS and complaining about snakes that you have no experience with. You say it is ok to have a header for an ad that is different from what is written in the ad? Your example was 1.1 albinos for sale. Open the add and it's really 1 albino and one het. You think that is ok because other people do it? That is BS and you condoning that type of deception guarentees that I will never do business with you.

You are mad because you sold a snake for less than you later found out you could get for it. Too bad. Get over it. I did the same thing 2 weeks ago. I sold a female BP with a yellow belly for $50. It sold within 45 minutes. Now I see them going for $1000 each. Using your logic, I should post that the buyer screwed me and he owes me money. No! I made the mistake of selling it for next to nothing. I had no idea what I had or the value of the animal. Same with you and the snow boa and the coral albino.

You got more in trade from Chuck than what the animal you gave him was worth.

Forget about badmouthing him and move on.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:34 PM   #79
chuck tornetta reptiles
DALLAS Q = TRUE SCAM ARTIST AND DUMB TOO

I ASK MY PEERS ,FELLOW REPTILE BREEDERS AND HUNERABLE BUSINESS MEN ONE QUESTION,?
How can a person (dallas) keep adding in trade reptiles (from me)
finally get up to my retail list value of 12,500.00 and sighn off on the deal.
to send me 7,500.00 worth of retail value reptiles (sharp adult female and sharp adult hetero male). i was great with that deal.
Then i said i would GUARENTEE my animals for 1 month health.
HE DALLAS Q, Tells me oh no i only give 2 days . SO I asked him why only 2 days this is a big deal.
He goes on to explain how no-body in the business gives more than that and he dont have the money to replace it if it gets killed by accident here at my breeding facility.lol.
but he assured me up and down the animal was in tip top shape . even in his ad i quote him now--- she has good body weight and is eating great on large rats .-----un quote.
I ASK YOU NOW HOW THIS HUNERABLE FACT COLLECTING PERSON COULD ACCEPT MY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY 12,500.00 TRADE IDEMS , AND SEND ME GARBAGE....... A SICK @$$ SNAKE THAT WONT EVEN EAT FOOD PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND HE CALLS ME A SCAM ARTIST, OH NO MY BLACK LISTED FRIEND YOU ARE THE SCAM ARTIST ,
Here is your chance to make good in front of our reptile breeding brothers , MAKE GOOD NOW. I TRIED EMAILING YOU AND CALLING YOU MANNY TIMES WITHIN YOUR SO CALLED 2 DAY GUARENTEE.
LETS TRADE BACK , I know you sold a 750.00 pastel , and i sold the het male . or at least guarentee her to feed , i will get her rite with baytril injectables for the resp , but at least guarentee her infront of our peers to at the very least feed.
before you call me a scam artist ,lol
as for the genetics of the possible blizzard boa,
no breeder so far in the world as i know it has produced one to know for sure , rite...........
Chuck Tornetta Reptiles
www.boadome.com

Old 09-17-2003, 05:00 PM   #80
dqreps
Here we go again, for the LAST time.....

First SPJ - How i advertise my snakes is my biz, not yours. When someone looks at the add and sees that i put what the animal is, that is all i need. The titles are just that, a title. If someone words something that is not to your liking like the example i gave of the het and albino sale, well, that is my biz, not yours. I always am completely honest to the best of my ability in my adds. If Chuck told me this was a possible blizzard boa, i guess i made the mistake of believing him. Then he sent me a normal albino female instead of a coral. So it is MY fault? I put in the add, it may OR may not be one, i informed the buyer, how does this make me wrong, the title has nothing to do with it. ALSO, i am getting exactly what i wanted for the animals i got from Chuck. I am sorry, it just upset me a little bit that i got a normal albino female instead of the coral that i was supposed to get. Yes, this is a loss, call it greed or whatever you want, it was part of the deal, period and it is says so in the contract. And who are you to tell me what my animals are worth? What i got from Chuck in value has NOTHING to do with what my animals are worth. Sharp Strain albinos are like gold, if you know anything about them, you know this. And oh, i tried to come to some resolution with Chuck but instead he would not return my emails, he blocked them, for no reason. Just because i told him i was not happy he sent me a normal albino instead of a female. And it does not matter if you spoke with Chuck. Have you met him in person, known him for years, have you done many biz transactions with him. It seems NOT. Then you have no right to Judge his or my character. It is funny you started talking to him, and then came running here to defend him. I was only gonna reply to Chuck but i could not resist.

Chuck - first, learn how to spell. I mean, a few mistakes is fine, we all do that. But how can you expect anyone to believe that you know what the word Honorable means, if you can't even spell it right? The same goes with your gurantees.

Chuck, look at our gurantee page. If you did not want a two day gurantee, you should not have agreed to it. In general, i give a two day health gurantee. That is what i do. If someone wants to give longer, that is fine. I make the rules wth MY animals so anyone can take it or leave it. I have NEVER had a single complaint about my animals. NEVER once has anyone gotten mites from me, resp problems, any sickness or death at all. If so, you surely would have heard of it on here since like Ritchie says, everyone is on here. So, i just happened to send you a snake with a resp problem? You, out of all the people i have dealt with. All of the sudden this animal has a resp problem when i posted that you scammed me. That seems a little strange to me. Why would you lie about something like that? If the animal truly does have a resp infection, it came by your hands, not mine. It did not have one when it left my facility. In the two weeks time that you have had the animal, it surely could have gotten sick. If you wanted to trade back, you could have done what everyone is saying i should have done, trade back within the 48hr gurantee we agreed on. Please post a copy of the sent email you said you sent me concering this? You are full of it man. Take better care of your animals and dont blame it on me. This is the reason why i dont give a two week gurantee. Someone screws up with the husbandy of their animals so then they want to send it back to the seller. Nope, not this guy. When the female left, she was feeding and in good bodyweight. You yourself told me that she looked great and was in good bodyweight. If dont have the knowedge to acclimate your animals, dont be a herper/seller. It is funny however, that you put the snake your are now saying has a respiratory infection up for sale on kingsnake.com. It was posted for a day or two and then i confronted you about it, in the same email i sent you concerning the animals you sent me, and you did not reply. The only thing you did was immediatly remove that add, why? Curious. Could it maybe be because you did not want everyone to know you were selling a sick animal? I dont know what you did since she was in my possesion, but dont blame it on me. You had the oppurtunity to trade back when i emailed you on all this stuff. Too late now. I dont want an animal that became sick while in your care. Also, i have already sold all except the snow and the two Poss DH for snows. If the female REALLY was sick, i know you well enough to know you would have contacted me asap. You cant tell a resp infection when you see one? Sure you can, but she did not have one when you recieved her huh? You LIED below saying you called and emailed me MANY times within our 48hr guranteee. The only call you made was to let me know you recieved them fine and that the female looked great. You did not email me once in this time however. You told me after the deal that you were not gonna be onlne for a few days since our deal. This seemed a little strange to me. You told me it was because you needed a break from all the trading etc. I will dig up the email and post it. I dont have all of them but i have some, the important ones. I am not gonna post all of them on here, unlike a lot of your guys on here, i have a life so i dont have all the free time in the world. Oh, and Chuck, you denied putting the female you got form me up for sale, Bull, i think i can recognize my own animal. It is easy enough to put my pics next to eachother and yours you posted to see they are one in the same animal.

You are right, no one has produced a blizzard boa yet. So what is one, how can you say this is one? You tacked an extra $1k on to the price because you said it was a possibly blizzard boa, as jeremy stone said it was. Jeremy said this is BS.

Chuck, you know as well as i do that the female albino you sent me is not a coral. THAT is why you would not answer my emails.

Anyway, i REALLY am not posting on here anymore. Several people have emailed me and say it is a waste of time and that you guys have nothing better to do than sit around bashing people all day and that it is pointless for me to argue my point of you, because you will not listen. This is correct. You all missed the main point of the this post. I was not saying i did not get a higher value than what my animals are worth. That is not what my post was about. I was just saying that Chuck gave his snow the label of Blizzard Boa with absolutely no proof at all and also lied about his source that gave snow its new found name "Blizzard Boa". Tacking on a $1000 extra since it is a poss blizzard boa, not. Also, i recieved a normal albino female, not a coral albino female like i was supposed to recieve. That was all. I did not say i got ripped off as far as the animals i recieved, the price they add up to. That was not the point. My point is that if someone promises me a coral albino and i get a normal albinio, this is a lie and severe misrepresentation, no matter how you cut it right? Yes. All you haters could go on about was that i got the deal of the century etc. Yes, i got a good deal but not the deal i was promised. There IS a difference, No matter how you cut it. All the above caused me to be very upset. Chuck refused to return my emails and this just angered me. I guess i can come off the wrong way but at least this time around i learned my lesson and kept my digninty. I did not go around name calling (like Ritchie) and degrading people (like Ritchie, classic dums and their crew). So at least i know my self respect is still in tact. All anyone else does is go on and on and on and on not addressing the facts and sticking to the topic. Bringing stuff into this that has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Me being wronged and Chucks credibilty down the tube. I did not come here with anything to prove. People say, ask, and want this and that. Why? What do i care? I am not hear to please anyone or to act as an attorney. I just came here to tell the true story of what happend so anyone that may think if dealing with Chuck, can know what they are dealing with. So I know the facts, Chuck knows the facts. That is it. All the rest of you are just guessing.

I will never EVER post another thread on here again. It is sad to see how excited some people get to tear innocent people apart, like sharks during a feeding frenzy, really. Anyway, not everyone stands in this light. I thank anyone that can see the real truth as i have shown it and to the ones that enjoy twisting the truth for the sake of starting a war, go for it. I have good friends and customers that trust me, i have long list of refs that believe in me. That is all that matters to me. ALL negativity means nothing to me and any intelligent person will see the truth. Thanks to all of you, even the haters. The haters expecially have opened my eyes even more to what a cut throat biz this really is. Thank God for a few good ones out there. This is my LAST post, you have my word on it.

Thanks,
Dallas Quarles Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!