Inquiry on ELITEXOTICS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
screamdreams
Inquiry on ELITEXOTICS

I stumbled accross this ad and thought I'd ask if anyone's done business with them.

Of couse I'm intersted in 66% Het Albino Females but I've got a few concerns...

1.) They are feeding on pinkies???

2.) They come from a 100% x 50% Het Breeding???

3.) Unsexed???

First, I think feeding pinky mice to 7 month old BP's is completely insane. Second, I know I suck at math but does a 100% Het bred to a 50% Het make a 66%er??? Third, dealing w/ hets there is generally a substantial price difference between males and females for obvious reasons, why not sex them???

Any info on them would be greatly appreciated.

CLICK HERE

* HATCHED OUT ON 3/10/03
* 6 - 66% het for albino balls [ unsexed ]
* Father is a 100% HET FOR ALBINO AND THE MOTHER IS $50%
HET FOR ALBINO.
* EATING 3-4 PINKIES EACH EVERY 5 DAYS

* $200 EACH SHIPPED *
MIKE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following was added on 09/21/03
*** PRICE REDUCTION !!!! *** [ ONLY 5 LEFT ]
$$$ $150 EACH PLUS SHIPPING $$$
<< UNSEXED >>
*** FOR ALL [5] SHIPPED $$$ $750 $$$

MIKE

Old 10-02-2003, 10:55 PM   #2
Ken Harbart
Can't say I've ever heard of or dealt with him (doesn't appear to be the same Elite of Upsate fame). However, his genetics are a bit fuzzy. The only way those snakes could honestly be represented as 66% hets is if the female proved out. Otherwise, they're just 50% possible hets.

Old 10-02-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
screamdreams
Exactly what I thought...

No homozygous siblings were mentioned, so I was assuming she didn't prove out. Maybe she did. I thought it was different from the Upstate/Elite name as well. Well, hopefully we'll hear something for other BOI heads

Old 10-02-2003, 11:44 PM   #4
NEWReptiles
I can not begin to understand why you would even consider buying anything from this moron.

1. At 15 days, EVERY Ball I hatched this year was on rat pups, and now at 6 weeks they ALL are feeding on rat crawlers. If they would have chosen not to eat the pups, I would have tried mouse hoppers as a last resort.
7 monthes old and eating pinkies has to be one of 2 things, either the seller is retarded and has no idea what Balls eat at that age, or he is 110% full of BS.

2. He has no idea how genetics work.

3. I dont understand why these animals would still be unsexed.

All of the above was basicly taken from your post.

Why even consider a deal with this clown?

Old 10-03-2003, 12:39 AM   #5
David Reid
There is an identical post to this one on the boi

already, but:

They are selling 66% possible hets from a 100% het male and a 50% possible het female,,,,so, if they did actually breed the two adults togather, they should have come out with some albinos, which would have proven the female adult either way, if albinos, she is a het, if no albinos, she probably is not, OR the male is not really a het, or they just got unlucky. Selling offspring from a 50% possible het, bred to a 100% het from the same homozygous project, it just sounds odd! and sounds like they do not know genetics by calling the offspring 66% hets.

Old 10-03-2003, 07:35 AM   #6
screamdreams
I'm not considering buying...

I just wanted to be careful how I worded this thread, since I've never done business with them I thought posting a bad guy post would have been a little premature, thinking if I "inquired" about him, listing a few concerns it would get some people's attention.
It's obvious that 7 month old BP's should not be feeding on pinky mice - neither should a 7 day old hatchling. 100% of my BP's feed on rat pups/adult mice right out of the egg. His genetics are, again obviously off, as with 50+% of the new generation of BP sellers!!! Name me one person that hatched out possible hets that sold their offspring unsexed...there was some sarcasm to this "inquiry" but I wanted to be respectful as possible without breaking any rules

Old 10-03-2003, 12:05 PM   #7
NEWReptiles
I do understand now, I just have a hard time showing any respect to sellers like this that are posting a false classified ad in hopes of cheating some poor guy out of his money.

Old 10-03-2003, 02:21 PM   #8
screamdreams
I know man...it's pretty sad.

Hopefully, most will pick up on it.

Old 10-03-2003, 02:37 PM   #9
Darin Chappell
When you guys see an ad that is messed up in some way that is pretty egregious, do you contact the person, or just leave it as is? I saw an ad the other day that was totally bogus, but I'm hesitant contacting the person responsible, just because I'm not certain I care enough about how dumb he looks to stand the possible flamimg I'll take if he gets all ticked off by my "help."

Know what I mean, Vern?

Old 10-03-2003, 02:53 PM   #10
Chris Red
I like emailing them!!!

I get a kick out of calling the B.S. card....you should do them same....if you piss them of so what!!!! Scams suck!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!