Inquiry on ELITEXOTICS - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2003, 02:55 PM   #11
Darin Chappell
Well, in the case about which I was writing, it is pretty obvious that the guy isn't trying to scam anyone. He just doesn't know what in the world he's talking about!

Old 10-03-2003, 03:00 PM   #12
NEWReptiles
If I see an ad as lame as the ad stated above, I will contact the person if there is a post about them and/or thier ad.

Below is the email that I sent to this unknowledgeable seller.
(It has been edited slightly)

Quote:
Myself and others posted about you and your ******** ad on Fauna. I just figured I would let you know that the post is up.

Good luck ripping people off you ******* ***.....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=26761

P.S., I am Al Guetzkow (realvenum).

Old 10-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #13
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Well, in the case about which I was writing, it is pretty obvious that the guy isn't trying to scam anyone. He just doesn't know what in the world he's talking about!
This is the guy that posted an ad a few months back with a sad looking animal kept in horrible conditions. I am not too sure its because hes unaware, I am leaning more towards dishonesty AND lack of knowledge.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=elitexotics
He said that the pics in the other thread were old pics from the animals prior keeper, but with this recent crap, I'm starting to doubt that as well.

Old 10-03-2003, 03:08 PM   #14
NEWReptiles
Quote:
I like emailing them!!!
I try to inform every person about a thread IF I am involved in that thread.

Old 10-03-2003, 05:13 PM   #15
screamdreams
I loved coming home from work...

I loved coming home from work and seeing this thread getting some business!! I agree with everyone here!! I will on occassion email a seller when I see something questionable but lately I see it so much (especially with Ball Pythons) that there's not enough hours in the day!! I just hope someone else picks it up and takes care of it I seriously thought this ad (66%ers) was completely off the wire. 7 month old BP's feeding on pinkie mice - unsexed possible hets - and he obviously has no knowledge in genetics, not even basic genetics. Looks like we got another one, huh???

Old 10-03-2003, 07:36 PM   #16
NEWReptiles
Even though its easy to see this seller struck a nerve with me, I just wanted to post his new ad, I thought it was quite funny because he mentioned this site right in the ad.

Correction to add , They are 50% het for albino !
NASSAU , NY
Posted by ELITEXOTICS (Contact Me!) on October 03, 2003 at 18:02:24
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2002-09-01

Based on my lack of knowledge on genetics and being misinformed the YEARLING BALLS are 50% het for albino . I like to say thanks again for informing me and sharing your knowledge [ If you are reading this add , again thanks ] .The balls hatched out on 3/10/03 and are now eating rat pups with no problem . Before anyone buys these Balls please go to WWW.FAUNACLASSIFIEDS.COM under The Original Board Of Inquiries and read the bashing I received .If your still are interested after you read everything the Balls are $100 plus shipping each unsexed . I'm not to confident on sexing them .

Thank You ,
MIKE

Old 10-03-2003, 08:09 PM   #17
elitexotics
Angry

I don't see whats funny about my repost . I mentioned faunas site so people could read the bashing done to me , so people like you could maybe think before they react . I never intended to scam anyone but I guess people read to much into things . I 'm not denying that I'm not to knowlegable on GENETICS but instead of bashing me why not educate me, knowledge goes a long way !!

Mike

Old 10-03-2003, 08:23 PM   #18
NEWReptiles
Quote:
I don't see whats funny about my repost
Its funny to me because I cant remember the last time I seen this site mentioned on KS. Nothing towards you at all.

Quote:
so people like you could maybe think before they react .
I think long and hard before I react, and I do still think the same way. It does make everthing easier to understand after you posted here, and that is why I sent you a link.

With the exception of the violent threats in your emails to me, I could see that maybe you are doing your best with your animals.

I do have one question that I would like you to answer if you will, who was the Het male purchased from?

Old 10-03-2003, 08:25 PM   #19
Ken Harbart
Unless there's some sort of background here that I don't know about, I have to agree with the person who's the subject of this thread.

The genetics of hets and possible hets does trip up many people who don't know any better. While the mathmatics of it comes naturally to many of us, there's some folks who just aren't good with probabilities.

As for not sexing the babies, lest we forget that not everyone is comfortable probing or popping juvenile snakes. Just last year, I purchased a boa from a very reputable gentleman who wasn't entirely comfortable with sexing a snake himself. Instead, Rich Ihle sexed the litter for him.

Mouse pinkies... sometimes we feed what's easiest for us. Perhaps he simply had a surplus of mouse pinkies.

What I'm trying to say, is that I haven't seen anything hard and fast that would qualify this as a scam.

Old 10-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #20
Hues1
If you're going to sell animals that carry a genetic trait, then you should do some research first and educate yourself on the genetics of that animal.

If you dont even know what you have for sale, how do you expect customers to trust and purchase from you ?

Even worse, what happens when a unknowledgeable buyer purchases these animals from you ? what then ?

Even...even...even...even WORSE, learn how to CARE for the animals in your possession, I'm refering to the whole feeding of mice pinkies.

Bashed on the BOI or not......one things for sure, you made yourself look totally incompetent with the care and genetics of these animals for sale in the ads YOU placed on k.snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!