Anyone hear of Ken Grosse of Peabody, Kansas? Any business - good, bad??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #1
Bci Joe
Anyone hear of Ken Grosse of Peabody, Kansas? Any business - good, bad???

This person has an animal I need - not high end, it's just that he is asking me to send money to a P.O.Box and I don't know anything about him.
If anyone has ever heard of him or done business with him, please post your experiences.
Thanks, Joe Rollo

Old 10-06-2003, 01:21 PM   #2
ReptileZ
po boxes

There are some people, like me, that can only get mail through a po box via usps, because we don't have official postal addresses. I know a few people get nervous when sending money to PO Boxes, but just remember not everyone can get their mail at street addresses. One thing you may want to check out is look up the post office in the same area he lives in and see if they have street addresses. If they say they do, then you might be better off buying from someone else. Sometimes, the postal employee will even give you information about the specific person. While nothing guarantees a safe transaction, it's better to take precautions.

I have never heard of this person before though

Old 10-06-2003, 01:35 PM   #3
Bci Joe
Thanks. I ask mostly because after receiving his PO Box, I asked for more info and have not yet received a response.
I'll check into the other options you've mentioned as well.
Thanks, Joe Rollo

Old 10-07-2003, 12:06 AM   #4
Suncoast Herpetological
Quite a number of breeders (myself included) only use a post office box for mailed correspondance and payments. My facility is at my home address and I don't like to spread my address around given all the thefts and vandalism that have been running through the industry the last few years. A good alarm system only takes you so far.

Being home based, I also do not generally have people I do not know or who are not well recommended by friends in the business over to tour my facility. It's truly amazing the number of people who will not take no for an answer when you tell them you do not run a retail shop. I have had people actually hunt my number and address down on the internet and just show up.

In short, I would definitely not let the fact that this gentleman uses a P.O. Box dissuade you from doing business if all else seems to be on the level. That, to me, is a non-issue

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!