Toad with a burn on his nose :( - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Rabbit87
Question Toad with a burn on his nose :(

Our toad has a little burn on the end of his nose. We think it is from him jumping up and hitting the screen top (which was probably warm from the lights a few inches above it). We are not sure what we should do, if anything. He doesn't seem bothered by it and has been cuddling with our female toad all day. We are just concerned toad parents and want to be sure he isn't going to get an infection or for it to get worse. I have been researching all day to try and find any information on amphibians with open wounds(scrapes,cuts,burns..etc), but haven't been successful finding anything. If anyone has had a similar experience or know someone who has & can give us some advice or point us in the right direction, that would be very appreciated Thanks!!

Old 09-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #2
Ed Clark
A small dab of SSD cream will do, use it sparingly. you will need to get a script from a vet, some have it on hand and will sell you a small amount.if it is a superficial scrape it will most likely heal on its own with out the cream.

Good luck.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Rabbit87
Thanks It seems to be healing up. I think it is just a superficial scrape like you said..so hopefully he will heal without the cream. I will be visiting a vet for that cream if it doesn't heal or looks like it needs attention though Your reply eased my worries so thanks again for that!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!