Aussie Walking Sticks - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > Insects and Arachnids For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Insects and Arachnids For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:26 AM   #11
Roberttoe
Red face Say Jim "O" ...

I'd should've known better not to post what i did, but i did anyway. Not just me, but you too from what I founded out. If we want to post messages here without getting a "warning level" from the moderators,& getting banned from posting, we have to be careful what we write. I clicked on your warning level "8" and read the four warnings you recieved from the moderators. So like me, you are not perfect either. If the moderators read what i wrote, joking about Leah, I'm sorry for the wise crack joke I posted about smuggling. NO ONE is perfect in this world. The only one that's perfect is Jesus Christ.

It would be nice to have a strange, but different looking insect like the Australian Giant Prickly Leaf Insect in our collection. I wonder if we have walking sticks in the USA that are strangely different looking like that Extatosoma species?! Any thoughts about this Cathy? Jim-O?

Old 07-28-2005, 06:43 AM   #12
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberttoe
How in the heck did Leah get those in the country here? Hmmmm! I suppose Leah smuggled them back in a suit case!
Robert, if your idea of "joking" is accusing someone you do not know of a felony then you have an...interesting, yes that's the word, interesting, sense of humor.

There was no indication of humor in your post. That you claim now that you were "joking" is just backpedalling and is quite transparent. Then your retorts start to include a play on my name. OK. That's fine. You're allowed.

As for my warning points, they are as relevant as the fact that I have, as of today (and have had for a little while now) the highest reputation point total on the site. That is member driven. So occasionally I have pissed off the moderators, usually with intent (by comparison, the site leader has well over 100 warning points, JFYI). They amount to a total of four posts out of over 2000. But in my opinion neither are relevant in this thread. What is relevant is that you accused Leah of a serious crime in a non-joking way.

To answer your question, I could really care less about these animals. Not that I don't like 'em but I have no interest. Nothing personal, but I raise insects to feed to my lizards and nothing else.

So keep on making plays on my name and I'll keep giving you negative reputation points. You've already dug quite a hole for yourself in that regard.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:10 AM   #13
DAND
Quote:
I've been raising Giant Millipedes and Giant Pills for the past 20+ years. For the past year, tryed to raise and breed Emperor Scorpions, but they died. Either they were full grown ready to die, unless the "care sheet" i got at PETCO in Eureka Calif was inaccurate.
You claim to have been raising Giant Millipedes and Giant Pills for the past 20+ years yet you not only do you sound like a child but you can't even keep Emperors alive. So let's see 20+ years translates to you being what 22-24 years old and being all knowing. I know teenagers who raise and breed Emperors.

Quote:
Any Suggestions, comments, ideas is surely appreciated.
I suggest you learn about the critters prior to purchasing them and killing them.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #14
Cat_72
Quote:
I'd should've known better not to post what i did, but i did anyway. Not just me, but you too from what I founded out. If we want to post messages here without getting a "warning level" from the moderators,& getting banned from posting, we have to be careful what we write. I clicked on your warning level "8" and read the four warnings you recieved from the moderators. So like me, you are not perfect either. If the moderators read what i wrote, joking about Leah, I'm sorry for the wise crack joke I posted about smuggling. NO ONE is perfect in this world. The only one that's perfect is Jesus Christ.

It would be nice to have a strange, but different looking insect like the Australian Giant Prickly Leaf Insect in our collection. I wonder if we have walking sticks in the USA that are strangely different looking like that Extatosoma species?! Any thoughts about this Cathy? Jim-O?

First of all.....I'm not into bugs. My Beardie likes them though.

Secondly....what the moderators think of your post should be the least of your worries. I'm certain neither Jim nor I posted our answers to you because we were worried what the moderators think, it was because you made a serious and libelous accusation that could get you in real trouble, not to mention it was just plain rude. It did NOT appear to be a "joke".

And last but not least.....if you're going on information you received from Petco, it's no wonder your animals are dying. Have you ever actually LOOKED at the condition their animals are in? The last time I was in one, I saw a tank full of rat snake and corn snake babies, some half-shed, very dehydrated, and all fighting over trying to soak in a water dish big enough for almost 2 of them to fit into, a large blood python so skinny you could see it's spine clearly, sitting in what was MAYBE a 20 gal tank, an adult beardie with a toe bitten off and it was badly swollen and infected.....cripes, I forget what else. They don't know how to care for their reptiles and exotics.....that should be a clue.

Old 07-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #15
Roberttoe
What you say Cathy does makes a whole lot of sense. I'd successfully raised tarantulas, millipedes, pill bugs (which wasn't easy at first, and lost money in the long run) and then just several months ago, I tryed my hand at raising Emperor Scorpions for the 1st time & they died not too long after I got them. They could have been full grown. Some of them were kinda large. I feel it's best to check out invertebrates at a pet store cause via internet, one doesn't know what they're getting.

Say Dave, if I fail again, then maybe I need a teenager to help me out, eh? Why can't we all get along here and act like mature adults? Like the ole saying goes. "Are we not men? We are D.E.V.O.!" Yeah, yeah Jim. yer right. I dug a hole. A rather shallow one to plant some roses tomorrow. If I were you, be careful not to walk into the DEEP hole yer dog dug tonite, you might fall into it if yer not carefull when you look for bugs to feed yer lizards. But i'm just kidding. LMHO and don't find this offensive Jim. and Dave, we are ALL adults here, if you can't refrain from calling this adult here a child, i'm going to do this to YOU:

Old 07-28-2005, 09:43 PM   #16
Cat_72
I'm not sure just how to take what you say Robert....in one breath you sound as if you're being sincere, the next you sound sarcastic....?

And yeah....you have a point about buying inverts in pet stores. At least when you buy one at Petco, you can look at the conditions they are in and KNOW you're getting crap, instead of being surprised when you get crap from buying online.

And one gets called a child when they act like a child. Or a troll.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:49 AM   #17
Roberttoe
We have up here in this part of N.Calif a new pet store "PETCO". And it's only been here for a few months. Used to be Longs Drug Store. I was suprised when my girlfriend bought a Emperor Scorpion (she usually doesn't care for huge invertebrates, she has cockatiels) and payed $17.95 + tax for the scorpion. About two weeks later, a local well known HUGE pet store called "Fin & Feather Shop" had some scorpions. Buy 5 or more the price goes down from $15.00 to $10.00 each. I bought 6 of them. Those are the ones that died. The one my girlfriend bought, outlived the other ones and then it died. The one she bought was the biggest Emperor I ever saw. Oh, well. I'm gonna try again, but i'm gonna get sub-adults and use different sub-strates and purchased another Ultra Sonic Fogger. I have another tank with Giant Pedes with a Ultra Sonic Fogger and they seem to be ALIVE and happy. PLants in the tank seems to make them THRIVE more... This method also works well for my giant pill bugs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread