Amazon Reptiles of Tampa - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-16-2002, 07:46 PM   #51
BILLY WILLIAMS
I do find it strange that dave lawson hasn't jumped on here, backing his friends over at amazon, heck, he's over there every friday just about.  He usually has something to say about shadiness in tampa, perhaps he's on vacation, or with angela and tom, finding  a way to clear all of their names from being associated with the word "scandalous".  

I totally agree with the previous posts about how the main percentage of the local reptile keepers community, are not like us herp dorks, who go onto these reptile only forums.  However, despite how many potential customers this may get to, Tom has hopefully seen that there is no support for angie and that she cannot be trusted. the TRUE herp community has spoken, quite loudly for that matter, and if tom was smart, he would realize that commerce between other affiliates of the industry is necessary, just as much as with the public, in order to run a successful reptile business, and by lying and being suspicious in their actions will only damage the business, because every breeder/wholesaler/keeper who has been following this thread will not consider doing business with amazon reptiles of tampa.  Oh, one other thing, has the amazon of tampa had any problems with the name of the business, considering there is an amazon reptiles of california which has been around much longer.  If you had a real hatred towards the tampa store, you could bring it to the california store's attention for copyright infringement.  I personally wouldn't go that far, but some of the people on this post have been quite militant towards them.  To end everything:

Amazon of tampa is very unprofessional, don't give them business.

billy williams

Old 10-16-2002, 08:16 PM   #52
cavu
Shelly, sorry to hear about your loss.  Neil, good to see you back again.

Old 10-16-2002, 10:06 PM   #53
Shelly Tanner
I see this thread taking a all to familiar turn here, I mean that it is heading towards a grey area here. This thread was started about Amazon reptiles and is with every post leaning towards the "Lawson Triangle". I have gotten somewhere around 50 e-mail on this subject over the past few days
half are saying that the decline in the health of the reptiles at Amazon is due to the fact that Lawson no longer sells to them, a few are saying it is because Lawson is selling to them and some are saying it is because they are getting them from reptile exspess, other say it is because Angela has no idea how to care for the anomals she gets. To me it does not matter where she got them, It is the fact the she sold a snake that I am sure she knew was dying and then refused to correct the "mistake", That is the point from who or where she got it is a mute point. I want or need anything from Angela, Tom Frost or Amazon other then a PUBLIC APOLOGY posted here for the world to read. It is to late for refunds or replacements, I have found creditable shops to deal with namely The Snake Pit, Josie's, Herp Hobby Shop, South east reptiles (I think that was the name) and Peg's I have found that all the shops that Angela trash are the ones I can trust. So if you something to say to me put it in writing and post it here.

Old 10-16-2002, 10:54 PM   #54
sschind
First we have Neil being banned for his inability to keep a certain persons name out of every post and now we have Billy and Shelly doing the same thing.  Why don't you just come right out and say that you think this person is responsible for everything, it certainly seems like that is what you are trying to do.

I found most of the posts in this thread very childish and unprofessional.  Name calling, finger pointing, unsubstantiated accusations etc.  One thing is for sure, they have strengthened my position about not dealing with some people, and made me think twice about others.

Neil stated that this was one of the funniest threads he has read, personally I think it is one of the saddest.  Saddest in terms of professionalism, judgement and intelligence.

I can safely say that I feel embarrassed to have wasted my time reading it, and even more embarassed to have wasted my time, and yours, contributing to it.

Steve Schindler

Old 10-17-2002, 10:21 AM   #55
Shelly Tanner
Steve, I do not know you but it would seem to me that you are getting worked up over nothing. I have heard of Neil's banning and it is my understanding that he was banned not for typing the name "Dave Lawson" but for always bashing him, please correct me if I am mistaken. I am sure that Neil has or feels he had a good reason for doing it. No one here is saying he did anything but are more interested in the fact that has not done anything to help his "friends" at Amazon. I was only relaying different points that were sent to me via e-mails.

To me at least it sounds like you are upset because David Lawson's name is being mentioned here and you want to stand up for your friend but I see nothing that is bashing or a threat to him. By his "total lack" of a post here it seems to me that maybe he is not the supplier that sells Amazon reptiles and if he is I would hope that after reading this that he will stop.

I also find it hard to believe that you would rather this thread be swept under the rug and forgotten than for these people that give our hobby a bad name dealt with.

Old 10-17-2002, 06:39 PM   #56
T. Granger
Yes Shelly, It is true that this thread will soon be forgotten and slowly work its way into electronic heaven. That does not mean that people don't care it only means that people are tired of beating their heads against the wall.

Amazon know that and that is what they are hoping for. Tom and Angela know that it they post it will only add fuel to the fire, in other words it  will give it new life. I seem to remember several month ago the webslave started a thread about all the people that have said " I AM GOING TO SUE THE B.O.I." and I am lokking for anyday to see that thread brought back to life and we hear that Tom Frost and or Angela Coker is wanting to sue this site.

I never stopped checking on then or asking questions once all of their "habits" came to light here, But instead continued to do so by making phone calls to people that know them. A buddy of mine worked with me at one of the Zoos here and he filled my ears with enough stories that I could write a book entitled "How Not To Run A Store" or "The Best Way To Run A Store Into Bankrupcy". If the stories are true then Neil is lucky she is gone and Tom, You are supplying Angela with reptiles and feeding them for her. I think that Tom Frost is a victem to.

Old 10-18-2002, 01:25 AM   #57
Rainbowboaman
Am I the only one that has noticed the coincidences in this thread?

1) The day before Neil gets his posting privileges back, someone post about his rivals (people that no longer make him or his father who actually owns then shop)

2) Three of the posters with bad post had signed up in October & not one had an inquiry.
T. Granger
Group: Members

billy lane spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ spam_ (Billy Seems to know alot about Neil seeming how he registered in October & Neil was banned quite a while before then here's Billys quote " spam_ If you do a name search on Amazon Reptiles or Angela Coker I think that you will find that you money would be better spent somewhere else. It seems that there was some questions of her stealing reptiles from her last job at The Snake Pit (gosh, these are the times I miss Neil), I am sure that you could call or e-mail Neil and he would fill in the blanks on her shaded past. Hpoe this helps." spam_TIMES I MISS NEIL? YOU REGISTERED AFTER HE LOST HIS POSTING PRIVLEDGE
spam_
Shelly Tanner

3) How Dave Lawsons name got dragged into this thread & then questioned why he didn't jump on the band wagon here to defend?

Maybe Im wrong & I hope I am but its just seems really coincidental but these antics seem to match some from the past.
Chris Pearson

Old 10-18-2002, 07:41 AM   #58
poiselle
They may have just lurked.  I have been registered for a long time but I rarely post.  You don't have to be registered to read the forums.  All of the stuff mentioned was in the Neil vs. Dave supersagas.  Maybe Billy decided he had something to say now.  I missed Neil after his banishment as well.  BTW as far as Dave Lawson, who I don't know, I really don't think he decision not to post in this thread is an indicator of wrongdoing as was kind of implied aways up.  I am glad that I live in Md though since the Tampa reptile scene seems to be like a soap opera at times.

Old 10-18-2002, 09:47 AM   #59
Dennis Gulla
I don't recall anyone mentioning that Dave Lawson sold the sick burm, or implied that he was up to no good. Some of you seem to be reaching for something that is not there. I merely stated some facts, you can make your own decisions.

Just to refresh a couple of memories. When Neil had his break ins, Dave could not be kept quite. When Josie's Exotic pets was broken into, Dave was involved in that thread. When Peg's was broken into, Dave created the post. You can do a search on all of the threads and see for yourself.

Why all of a sudden, when there is a 6 page thread on another herp store in Tampa, has Dave disappeared? Simple, Dave used to or still does supply Amazon with a very high percentage of their animals. Tim hit the nail on the head, if Angie or Tom (owner of Amazon) or even Dave tried to defend Amazon's ethics, this thread would go on forever. Not in their best interests. So, they all probably took an oath of silence so this will blow over as quickly as possible.

This is just MY opinion.

Dennis Gulla

Old 10-18-2002, 09:49 AM   #60
roscoe
Right, it's a conspiracy. Yeah a big, bad conspiracy. And everyone in Tampa is involved. And the police are in on it. And so is the Federal government. No wait, it's Osama Bin Laden and his gang trying to de-stabilize the american pet industry. Yeah, that's it. No wait, little green men are trying to unbalance our minds by posting worthless drivel on the BOI. Now that last one I can believe. Let's just stick to good guy bad guy posts and leave the speculation out of this. Anyone can make up this conspiracy crap.

Ross Buskard

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!