HerpHelper Tracking Software - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

View Poll Results: Have you seen the HerpHelper ad and tried the software?
Yes, I saw the ad and tried it. 30 30.30%
Yes, I saw the ad, but I didn't try the software. 24 24.24%
No, I did not see the add and I have no idea what you are talking about. 45 45.45%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #31
Mark and Aimee
Not to bump up an old arse thread or anything but... I finally got around to downloading Damon's software, and I am incredibly pleased with the product. Well worth the money... Especially considering how many other tracking softwares I have tried. Finally, one that does what I want, AND someone attached to it who LISTENS to his customers.

Thanks D, we love it!

Mark

Old 12-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #32
KathyLove
I tried it when it first came out. Seemed like a good product, but I was looking for something that would compile and print out a pedigree for those customers who wanted one. I heard that later versions may include that feature. Can the program do that yet?

Thanks!

Old 12-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #33
Damon Theis
Kathy, that will be a feature in the future. If I had to guess, I'd say first half of 2005. I'm wrapped up in the Rack Operations still and want to get that done with developement and testing before jumping into anything else major.
I have existing users waiting for a "family tree" of sorts, so it will happen and it is the next major thing on the list.
-damon theis

Old 12-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #34
Glenn Bartley
So should I be flattered you chose the name, herphelper, under which I have been doing business for the past few years?

Old 12-05-2004, 04:57 PM   #35
Damon Theis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bartley
So should I be flattered you chose the name, herphelper, under which I have been doing business for the past few years?
Hello Glenn, Funny that you should mention this now, as I have a name change in the works. When I first named the software that, I searched the web and did see your site. I saw no copyrights, trademarks, ect. There are other occurances of "Herp Helper" on the web as well. Technically, I use the name "HerpHelper" without a space so It's not really the same as pertaining to any of that sort of thing. However, you will see the name split on vertical banners due to space constraints.
In any event, I mean, and never meant any flattery or theivery. I do appoligize if you feel slighted in any way. As I said, there is a name change in the works for the first of the year. If you do have legal right to the name "HerpHelper" in the state of Indiana as a business name or own a federal trademark or copyright that I am in violation of, please contact me via email ( support@eyehit.com ) so that I can take the necessary steps to comply.
Again, I do appoligize if there has been any confusion caused by this effecting your business.
-damon theis.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #36
KathyLove
Thanks for the update! I wil try to remember to check back on progress for the new feature in a few months.

Old 12-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #37
Dr Alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark and Aimee
Finally, one that does what I want, AND someone attached to it who LISTENS to his customers.

Mark
Indeed.....

Old 12-06-2004, 02:10 PM   #38
IntriguingReptiles
Wow, I must say thats some pretty decent sofware. I just downloaded the trial version and so far I'm pretty impressed with it(considering all I have done is look at it/samples that you have in there. I have not entered any of my own data yet). I have been struggling in my free time over the past few weeks(which was turning into months, lol) using Excel and Access to make up my own sheets/tables/charts/ect. to keeping track of my reptiles. That was until I discovered HerpHelper Now I dont have to complete my database project. Thanks for saving me all that stress! HerpHelper appears to have everything I wanted to do keep track of in my own program(s) plus some extras I never even thought of. Im going to mess with it for a few more days and then Ill be sending you the payment for the registered version/rights. Keep up the good work. Later!

Old 12-07-2004, 09:57 AM   #39
kare
Talking Me too!

I downloaded the program and bought it right away. This is a great program. I just love details! I look forward to having full sheets on every baby I produce from this day forward. What person buying a new herp wouldn't appreciate a detailed "pet card" like the HerpHelper program provides?

Kare Odden

Old 11-08-2006, 05:17 AM   #40
INSANE CANES
Bump for a great product.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!