HerpHelper Tracking Software - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

View Poll Results: Have you seen the HerpHelper ad and tried the software?
Yes, I saw the ad and tried it. 30 30.30%
Yes, I saw the ad, but I didn't try the software. 24 24.24%
No, I did not see the add and I have no idea what you are talking about. 45 45.45%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2007, 07:05 AM   #51
TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, I know I can do that. But that's such a pain for a single program. Then I'd also have to buy XP (well, I guess Vista now) I also can't install Leopard without a serious upgrade on my Laptop anyway (I'm running 10.3.9 on a PowerBook G3 - the "FireWire Pismo").

Old 12-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #52
TripleMoonsExotic
Actually, looking again at my list for upgrading this machine, I can't get the right kind of processor to run Leopard at all. I'm stuck with what I got unless I buy a new laptop (and the price of new Macs makes me grimace).

Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #53
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, I know I can do that. But that's such a pain for a single program. Then I'd also have to buy XP (well, I guess Vista now)
I did it. I really have no other reason to run XP on this machine other than to run Degei...it's worth the effort to set it up.

Quote:
I also can't install Leopard without a serious upgrade on my Laptop anyway (I'm running 10.3.9 on a PowerBook G3 - the "FireWire Pismo").
Actually, you don't need Leopard to run Bootcamp (although Bootcamp is packaged for free with Leopard)...all that matters is that you have a Mac with an Intel processor. Just search for Bootcamp on Apple's site, and you should be able to get all of the info you need. I'm pretty sure that Bootcamp is still available as a free download.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:39 AM   #54
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
...all that matters is that you have a Mac with an Intel processor.
Which apparently you don't...so I guess my point was moot.

I wasn't quite sure how old your machine was until I looked it up.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #55
TripleMoonsExotic
I dunno, Jay. I don't think it was a complete waist of time to look for it...I did find free 3-d solitare to install on my computer...I'm so easily amused...

Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #56
TripleMoonsExotic
It really ticks me off that I can't upgrade my processor. I had a G4 back in 2002-2004 and got rid of it because it was such a piece of junk (went through 3 hard drives and 2 mother boards within those 2 years), so I "downgraded" to this one and LOVE it...Not a SINGLE problem and it runs all of my design software smooth as silk. Plus it's heavy duty, I could throw it across the room and it not break (not that I plan on it).

Old 12-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #57
Dr Owens
Quote:
It really ticks me off that I can't upgrade my processor. I had a G4 back in 2002-2004 and got rid of it because it was such a piece of junk (went through 3 hard drives and 2 mother boards within those 2 years), so I "downgraded" to this one and LOVE it...Not a SINGLE problem and it runs all of my design software smooth as silk. Plus it's heavy duty, I could throw it across the room and it not break (not that I plan on it).
I know what you mean. This is actually my first Mac that I've ever bought (it's a Mac Book), and I LOVE this damn thing! It's the best computer that I've ever owned...and I've owned a lot of them. I had to find a way to run Degei on this thing because quite frankly, I haven't even touched my other laptop since I bought this back in August...not once. Generally speaking, I don't throw my laptops though...so I really don't know if it would break or not.

I haven't gotten the bar coding hardware set up on this machine yet (I'm going to try to do it in a couple weeks when I get a day off), but Damon said that it won't be a problem.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:23 AM   #58
Dr Owens
Quote:
I dunno, Jay. I don't think it was a complete waist of time to look for it...I did find free 3-d solitare to install on my computer...I'm so easily amused...
Ohhhhhhh! Thanks for the link! I'll try it out in a little bit.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #59
TripleMoonsExotic
What do you have? One of the new models?
I know the G4 I had (when they first came out with the "iBooks" in 2002) was fragile as heck. I think the new models are still made that way. This G3, though a dinosaur compared to the new models, is tough as nails. It's a bit heavy, but I'm not worried about dropping it and cracking the case.

You use the bar coding, huh? I thought that would be pretty cool to have with the amount of animals I have. Would take a LOT less time for record keeping I'd imagine! Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a new Mac (I'd probably go with an iMac, just keep it on my desk in the reptile room) and get Degei to run.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #60
Dr Owens
Quote:
What do you have? One of the new models?
I have the new Mac Book (the black one) with an extra gig of ram. It's sweet.

Quote:
You use the bar coding, huh? I thought that would be pretty cool to have with the amount of animals I have. Would take a LOT less time for record keeping I'd imagine! Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a new Mac (I'd probably go with an iMac, just keep it on my desk in the reptile room) and get Degei to run.
Barcoding is expensive, but it's the way to go if you have several hundred animals to keep track of. There's just no way to keep up with all of the data entry otherwise.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!