New and would like pricing advice? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
Hisroyalmagesty
Question New and would like pricing advice?

Hiya! So, I have a LOT of exotic pets. Well, maybe not as much as some people on here, but for someone who doesn't make exotic pet owning their main hobby, it feels like a lot.

I've realized recently that aside from my spiders, which I am very passionate about, my other exotic pets are far more care-intensive and their level of care just does not fit my life right now. I do my very best to give them the best care they could possibly get, but it is difficult when I'm sometimes away from home days at a time and can't always find people to keep up on them (spider owners will know this is no big deal at all when you have tarantulas hahaha)

So, I decided I wanted to sell some of my more care-intensive pets. While it hurts to do so, I know I can find someone that has a life more well-suited to their care. I was wondering if someone could please help me come up with some prices?

I am not looking to make a profit, or even necessarily break even with what I spent on them. I would just like to know my pet is going to a good home. So I won't bother listing what I paid for anything, if anyone could just give me their wise estimate based solely on what I'm selling and what things usually go for on here, that would be great!

What I'm looking to sell:

1. A pair of white's tree frogs, BELIEVED to be one male and one female. One "australian white's tree frog," one "indonesian white's tree frog." I've had difficulty finding out whether these are actually two different species of frog or if they are just two colour forms; suffice to say, one is green and one is blue!

The tank is outfitted with a mixture of dirt substrate and a small amount of orchid bark, as well as some heaps of moss. One log piece for decoration. One removable pool for bathing. I will also include a critter keeper I use as a feeding space, as they're messy eaters and prone to swallowing substrate, and also some barely used vetricyn (because they are delicate) and terramycin (which I was told was for fungal infections, which they have never had but frogs can be prone to.)

2. An adult male banded gecko. On sand because he was wild caught from the desert, I know sand for geckos is controversial so feel free to change it to whatever you find appropriate; he has never eaten or swallowed any substrate and has had no impaction problems. Comes with one appropriately sized hide, a food dish and a water dish.

3. Adult or sub-adult? female panther gecko. I don't believe she is full sized, but I believe she is of breeding age? I'm not sure how maturity works in geckos. Enclosure outfitted with bark, moss and dirt, comes with one hide, a heating pad, and a food and water dish. She could use another hide over the heating pad.

Pictures can of course be requested and would be included on a sales post, but this post is long enough as-is !! i hope this post was put in the appropriate place but feel free to let me know if it isn't! Thank you in advance for any replies!

Old 10-14-2015, 07:59 AM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisroyalmagesty View Post
if anyone could just give me their wise estimate based solely on what I'm selling and what things usually go for on here,
Sometimes in these situations, people will use the adoption forum here and just give the critters away free.
If you do want to sell them, I suggest you do a brief search on the site and see what they are selling for. If you want a larger pool of potential buyers from which to choose the person you feel would give the best home, drop the price or include the habitats for free.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #3
Dbz4246
You could also try the Auctions section of the site. Let others decide on how much they are willing to pay if you need to find homes for them sooner rather than later.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisroyalmagesty View Post
I am not looking to make a profit, or even necessarily break even with what I spent on them. I would just like to know my pet is going to a good home.
In that case I would put a fairly low price on them BUT the new owner would have to enter into a first right of refusal contract with me, where if the buyer no longer wanted the animal then I had the first option to purchase it back at the same price that the buyer paid me. That will weed out the flippers quickly.

While IANA lawyer and this is not legal advice, my understanding of such agreements is that for them to have "teeth" they have to state what happens if the buyer breaches the contract, such as the buyer owes you an additional amount of money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!